Status
Not open for further replies.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
What just happened?
It seems that gdeal has been banished for being an "unregistered supplier".
Pekos and gdnas are being flown at half mast.
I hope he comes back. Suppliers aren't allowed in the coop threads. They have other limitations too. Maybe he will start posting in another forum. His work on bottom feeders, in particular the Amazon vented screw in a fd classic 510 has been invaluable.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: Supplier posting vs Supplier T0S /rules

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
Unfortunately it is true. And D_J is currently in limbo also. :(
thanks for the headsup.
hopefully they either get it worked out or find a new forum home... and we find them. i think they are both on fb, but that is not a very appealing option for many.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Yeah this is pretty amazing given that nothing but assistance was given in these threads. Makes me wonder what was accomplished by this decision other than a loss of valued contributors - maybe another vendor who pays more to sell here got pissy and threw a fit.

Hope they find a new home where they can be appreciated.

Trickydick666

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Yeah this is pretty amazing given that nothing but assistance was given in these threads. Makes me wonder what was accomplished by this decision other than a loss of valued contributors - maybe another vendor who pays more to sell here got pissy and threw a fit.

Hope they find a new home where they can be appreciated.
Yeah not gonna lie seems kinda f'd up....but it's little incidents like this that are why I mainly frequent the other forums....not trying to say anything to cause trouble just being honest

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
As a member of the original beta team, this is definitely a black day on ECF. The entire project was funded by George and the beta team, the parts were publicly posted for anyone to buy generically, and build at will.
If that's a business plan, it had to be one of the worst profit plans in history.

I for one don't get it, sad, very sad

I sense the winds of change blowing

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Deleted by Misty

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
As a member of the original beta team, this is definitely a black day on ECF. The entire project was funded by George and the beta team, the parts were publicly posted for anyone to buy generically, and build at will.
If that's a business plan, it had to be one of the worst profit plans in history.

I for one don't get it, sad, very sad

I sense the winds of change blowing
Only trying to understand..... I'm curious did gdeal have anything to do with live wire? I just pop in once and a while so I'm not fully informed.....? I noticed that he or whomever came up with the most recent build doc for the gdna the author directs ppl to live wire...... I'm wondering if that did it? Because there hasn't been any issues for what..... a couple of years??..... And he seemed like the type of guy that would have read all of the rules and regs regarding his relationship to Ecf which was huge! Free advice... I mean seriously I've offered him money to build me a gdna and he refused saying he wasn't doing this for money but merely helping ECF MEMBERS to do for themselves!!

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States
Only trying to understand..... I'm curious did gdeal have anything to do with live wire? I just pop in once and a while so I'm not fully informed.....? I noticed that he or whomever came up with the most recent build doc for the gdna the author directs ppl to live wire...... I'm wondering if that did it? Because there hasn't been any issues for what..... a couple of years??..... And he seemed like the type of guy that would have read all of the rules and regs regarding his relationship to Ecf which was huge! Free advice... I mean seriously I've offered him money to build me a gdna and he refused saying he wasn't doing this for money but merely helping ECF MEMBERS to do for themselves!!
The way this forum is run is no different than what the FDA is doing to the vaping industry. It's all about money. The rules don't protect us common users but benefit the suppliers and advertisers who have lined the pockets of the administrators of this site. Just my opinion.

Sent from the Truck O Shop

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
The way this forum is run is no different than what the FDA is doing to the vaping industry. It's all about money. The rules don't protect us common users but benefit the suppliers and advertisers who have lined the pockets of the administrators of this site. Just my opinion.

Philosopher truck driver...and spot on in this case.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Deleted by Misty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread