Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
do the 18650 pekos take a flat top or button top batt?

Either will work, just remember the PeKo is designed to run the battery positive side down. This is more important running nipple tops as the nipple can ride too high in the button recess.

plewm

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2011
South Africa
i'm pretty close to ordering but before i do....

how do the printed parts and hardware kits available now from livewiremods compare to what was available a few months ago from other places?

having looked at the first few pages of the thread, it seems that the trickiest part of rebuilding is around putting the 510 together. would selecting the "modify the 510 delrin and the bottle" option mitigate this difficulty?

then for extra bottles.... i don't understand why a "modified bottle with tube" is $3.99. would the 6ml bottles that come with a reo work ok?

Reactions: SkinyFatMan

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I have 3 of mine running the Reo bottles and they are working just fine. I don't know why more don't use these Pekos. Mine are the most trouble free, hard hitting devices I have. I have 3 with me plus a metal mod daily at work. I have no fears getting them dirty or scuffed up. I can just sand and repaint.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

plewm

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2011
South Africa
I have 3 of mine running the Reo bottles and they are working just fine. I don't know why more don't use these Pekos. Mine are the most trouble free, hard hitting devices I have. I have 3 with me plus a metal mod daily at work. I have no fears getting them dirty or scuffed up. I can just sand and repaint.

i'm close. my only concern i think is building it. it looks very simple, but as far as making adjustments and tweaks once it's built, i'm not sure that's simple. like what if it fires but not as well as it should, what if button throw is weird, etc etc.

another one.... how easy are they to maintain? do you rinse yours under water?

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
i'm close. my only concern i think is building it. it looks very simple, but as far as making adjustments and tweaks once it's built, i'm not sure that's simple. like what if it fires but not as well as it should, what if button throw is weird, etc etc.

another one.... how easy are they to maintain? do you rinse yours under water?

If all your connections are tight, it will fire and it will hit hard. If the button throw is weird, it's adjustable. When I clean mine I remove the battery and atty, wash it in warm, soapy water, rinse, pat it dry and then pour a little 92% alcohol on the connections and rod to get rid of any residual water. 5 minutes and she's up and running again.

The REO bottles work great and why more people aren't using them I'm not sure either. I think it has to do with the perception of a plastic mod as being inferior.

Both of mine are pre live wire units so I can't compare and contrast but as far as I know, other that some slight alterations to the printed parts for the plus model, they're pretty much the same. There were no parts kits when these came out. There was a co-op but before that parts were sourced individually from several suppliers.

Building them is as easy as it gets, as long as you can use glue and tighten small nuts, your all good.

Last edited:

plewm

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2011
South Africa
If all your connections are tight, it will fire and it will hit hard. If the button throw is weird, it's adjustable. When I clean mine I remove the battery and atty, wash it in warm, soapy water, rinse, pat it dry and then pour a little 92% alcohol on the connections and rod to get rid of any residual water. 5 minutes and she's up and running again.

The REO bottles work great and why more people aren't using them I'm not sure either. I think it has to do with the perception of a plastic mod as being inferior.

Both of mine are pre live wire units so I can't compare and contrast but as far as I know, other that some slight alterations for the plus model, they're pretty much the same.

Building them is as easy as it gets, as long as you can use glue and tighten small nuts, your all good.
thanks for info!

any idea on the "modify the 510 delrin and the bottle" option at livewiremods?

i'm gonna get "Loctite 1363589 4-Gram Bottle Super Glue Ultra Gel Control Adhesive" from Amazon

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
thanks for info!

any idea on the "modify the 510 delrin and the bottle" option at livewiremods?

i'm gonna get "Loctite 1363589 4-Gram Bottle Super Glue Ultra Gel Control Adhesive" from Amazon

I'm not sure what those options refer to. Rossum had the idea of tapping threads into the FD 510 and flattening the sides to make it easier to grasp, that may be what they are referring to but I'm not sure.

That glue will be fine, just be sure when gluing the nut into the button that you don't use too much and have it get up into the threads where it will harden and make it next to impossible to adjust your button (don't ask me how I know that :facepalm:) It's an easy fix but easier to avoid in the first place.

oaky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
west virginia
I miss Gdeals threads,but when super glueing the nut into the fire button he said he used the gel SG,put it on wax paper and then used a toothpick or paperclip to just put a smidgen in the button hole before pushing the long nut into place and that worked for me.I did several dry attempts to push the nut in before I glued,its a tricky process.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
i can't understand why these devices aren't more popular. craziness.
I don't get it either. There are three mods that are within a hair of this size and shape. The PeKo (3D printed plastic), CC's mod (aluminum or brass) and pdib's "pinch" (your choice of wood). Nothing else that holds an 18650 and a 6ml bottle of juice comes close to being this small or user-friendly. Pekos are readily available and priced attractively. The other two have a long wait and a much higher price tag. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the both of the other two mods, but if I was on budget or impatient, I would own more PeKos than I do. :)

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I'm tough on my mods, but these Pekos continue to provide me consistent performance. For some reason, I can't get the same performance from my Reos. Love them, but just don't hit as hard. I will always have Pekos in rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread