Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Modifying the 510 delrin refers to tapping out the delrin insulator with a 6-32 tap and putting flats on 2 sides to make it easier to install. The bottle mod refers to drilling the cap and inserting the tube. If you have an 11/64 bit, you could do that yourself. A 6-32 tap and holder, you can tap out the insulator also.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

plewm

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2011
South Africa
Modifying the 510 delrin refers to tapping out the delrin insulator with a 6-32 tap and putting flats on 2 sides to make it easier to install. The bottle mod refers to drilling the cap and inserting the tube. If you have an 11/64 bit, you could do that yourself. A 6-32 tap and holder, you can tap out the insulator also.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
so if i don't include that option i'll probably end up doing it myself anyway?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
still waiting for info about what "modify the 510 delrin and the bottle" means. guess i could contact livewiremods directly but i figure this crowd would know.
Straight from Livewire's site:
The modification service includes a resizing of the 510 Delrin Insulator hole which will be threaded to fit the Vented Screw and the 6ml bottle tip and cap will be sized so the tube will fit with precise compression needed for sealing.
This saves you from buying a 6-32 tap (which costs about $5 at any Home Depot or Lowes) and figuring out how to trim/cut the bottle cap to fit the feed tube.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Thank you all. What would make a batt and atty to get real hot fast and both work without issue in my REO? Btw I used both a flattop and a AW IMR 18650 batts making sure I inserted them positive down and the atty was a RM2 .8Ω.

Did you check the resistance with the atty on the mod? RM2 center pin might not be backed out enough to prevent a short of the 510 center pin across the bottom of the threads of the atty.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Did you check the resistance with the atty on the mod? RM2 center pin might not be backed out enough to prevent a short of the 510 center pin across the bottom of the threads of the atty.

This would make a difference with the Peko and not a Woodvil?

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Thank you all. What would make a batt and atty to get real hot fast and both work without issue in my REO? Btw I used both a flattop and a AW IMR 18650 batts making sure I inserted them positive down and the atty was a RM2 .8Ω.
Mechanical mods have no polarity, unless you have/add in line metering

plewm

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2011
South Africa
I don't get it either. There are three mods that are within a hair of this size and shape. The PeKo (3D printed plastic), CC's mod (aluminum or brass) and pdib's "pinch" (your choice of wood). Nothing else that holds an 18650 and a 6ml bottle of juice comes close to being this small or user-friendly. Pekos are readily available and priced attractively. The other two have a long wait and a much higher price tag. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the both of the other two mods, but if I was on budget or impatient, I would own more PeKos than I do. :)
what about the VR or Tmodcustoms mods?

$15 would be an attractive price for a peko :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread