Status
Not open for further replies.

sc12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
USA
David's got this real sensitivity to anyone doing anything around his nose and mouth for some reason - rather touchy about me messing with him 'there' - claustrophobic? who knows, but tis a no no in my mind... don't think a CPAP would work for him or he would allow it to be put on him for any length of time... my brother in law wears one and loves it (while sleeping). more "dif strokes for dif folks" kind of thing I guess. David also doesn't like those tests that slide you into a tube either - MRI? very hard for him to relax while that's being done to him!
Sounds just like a friend who is definitely claustrophobic.

brokepainter

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2011
Bristol, Tn USA
Just placed an order with Wizard Labs. What had originally put me off on making the plunge into DIY was wondering what flavors to get and how much.

It is intimidating at first even if you do the research. My biggest blunders where underestimating the flavors. I usually only buy my supplies once or twice a year now. But when I started I would read threads and write down different flavors for the good looking recipes. It never failed, I would make one or two that would be outstanding and I wouldn't be able to make but a few more batches because I didn't have enough flavors. Lol

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
It is intimidating at first even if you do the research. My biggest blunders where underestimating the flavors. I usually only buy my supplies once or twice a year now. But when I started I would read threads and write down different flavors for the good looking recipes. It never failed, I would make one or two that would be outstanding and I wouldn't be able to make but a few more batches because I didn't have enough flavors. Lol
I started off small, my order was only about $125. I bought 500 ml of 48 mg nicotine base, 2-500 ml bottles of VG, 500 ml bottle of PG, and about a dozen flavors, mostly in 1 oz bottles, although I did pick up two or three flavors in 0.27 oz bottles. I might even try mixing up a small bottle of unflavored to see what that is like.

If I was to buy that much pre-made juice, it would cost me over $1,000.

brokepainter

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2011
Bristol, Tn USA
I started off small, my order was only about $125. I bought 500 ml of 48 mg nicotine base, 2-500 ml bottles of VG, 500 ml bottle of PG, and about a dozen flavors, mostly in 1 oz bottles, although I did pick up two or three flavors in 0.27 oz bottles. I might even try mixing up a small bottle of unflavored to see what that is like.

Yes the savings is amazing. After you really get into it you start thinking how do they charge so much for their juice? Now I am not saying what I make is better than any juice out there but with the savings I can get by without knowing. Lol

Oh , and I actually like unflavored alot. It has 2 big advantages
1. It is very easy to make
2. It doesn't gum up your coils as quickly as sweet juices or tobacco flavors.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I've counted up to 40 seconds before David takes another breath at times - laying there totally awake while he struggles in his sleep. If he didn't make another breathing sound, I'd jump him and breath for him, I think... he's unconcerned, while I think he should go in for a breathing test while he sleeps... hasn't happened yet.

He definitely should. After I complained thru the night every night for probably 5 yrs or more, mine went to have the sleep study. The doc says, do you know you move 20 times an hour? My husband said he thought about it, and said, "that must be right, because my wife times me, and says I jump every 3 minutes like clockwork." No apnea though. He took Requip for awhile, with only middling success, then we lost our health insurance. Later I did some research online about "sleep disorders of middle-aged men" and discovered that a very common thread that runs thru nearly all of them is iron-deficiency anemia; hubs was iron-deficient as a child, so I thought, well maybe it's still a problem, so he started taking iron -- and it worked! The "jumps" almost entirely departed. But he still snored like a speeding train, and then when he started going to the VA to see about his hypertension, they said to stop taking the iron. By which time, we had already gone to separate bedrooms, but I know the jumps came back -- when we're watching TV at night, if he's lying down, I know he's awake only if he keeps still -- once he starts jumping every 3 minutes, I know he's dozed off. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
A holistic practitioner can reverse that "doesn't affect me much" back to working again. I had to do that when medication (lidocain) used on my leg wasn't working like it should, instead it stung to blue blazes when used, instead of numbing leg so they could debride an area. After some acupuncture and other stuff it worked again! yeah! now it's healed up so I'm keeping it that way (as well as no longer smoking) and so far, 3 yrs and counting, it's staying healed up this time! also a yeah!! lol if you want, I'll look up the gals name and ask her what her teaching or specialty is and what she did that worked and report back to ya...? let me know, k?

Nah... benadryl still works for me as an antihistamine, just not to make me sleepy -- I'd rather keep it that way! Dramamine works terrifically well for me, to ease me into sleep mode, so it's really not a problem. :thumb:

Andria

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Anyone else see this picture and get the urge to start coloring?
That DOES look like a coloring book - I've ordered from WL several times and haven't got a coloring book! :(

Yes

My vapers tek nic base is less peppery and more neutral tasting @ 100mg/ml than my WL nic diluted to 6mg/ml.

Worlds of difference.

Even after the price difference, the VT nic pays for itself because I use 1/3 of the flavoring at most and don't have to bother with steeping any longer.

Tapatyped
I wanted to try the VT but Bull City was out of the big bottles, so I thought I'd wait. Now they're not selling it!! Is there another trustworthy vendor carrying it?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
That DOES look like a coloring book - I've ordered from WL several times and haven't got a coloring book! :(

I wanted to try the VT but Bull City was out of the big bottles, so I thought I'd wait. Now they're not selling it!! Is there another trustworthy vendor carrying it?

VapersTek themselves...

Andria

Spiceman1967

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Lompoc, CA, USA
Thanks to the outstanding folks at eCigaretteDirect in the UK for their support of the contest. My 1st Round runners up prize arrived today!

Here we have a blue SMOK XPro M45 and Aspire Atlantis setting atop 5, 30ml bottles of Five Pawns ejuice. Thanks again ECF and a big thanks to James and his crew at eCigaretteDirect. They are a great bunch over there and worked really hard to get my prizes from the UK to sunny California in no time.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Thanks to the outstanding folks at eCigaretteDirect in the UK for their support of the contest. My 1st Round runners up prize arrived today!

Here we have a blue SMOK XPro M45 and Aspire Atlantis setting atop 5, 30ml bottles of Five Pawns ejuice. Thanks again ECF and a big thanks to James and his crew at eCigaretteDirect. They are a great bunch over there and worked really hard to get my prizes from the UK to sunny California in no time.
Congrats, hope you LOVE it! What flavors did you pick, and promise to let us all know how everything is??

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
He definitely should. After I complained thru the night every night for probably 5 yrs or more, mine went to have the sleep study. The doc says, do you know you move 20 times an hour? My husband said he thought about it, and said, "that must be right, because my wife times me, and says I jump every 3 minutes like clockwork." No apnea though. He took Requip for awhile, with only middling success, then we lost our health insurance. Later I did some research online about "sleep disorders of middle-aged men" and discovered that a very common thread that runs thru nearly all of them is iron-deficiency anemia; hubs was iron-deficient as a child, so I thought, well maybe it's still a problem, so he started taking iron -- and it worked! The "jumps" almost entirely departed. But he still snored like a speeding train, and then when he started going to the VA to see about his hypertension, they said to stop taking the iron. By which time, we had already gone to separate bedrooms, but I know the jumps came back -- when we're watching TV at night, if he's lying down, I know he's awake only if he keeps still -- once he starts jumping every 3 minutes, I know he's dozed off. :D

Andria

Talked to David this a.m. about our convo last night - he was prescribed Clonapin or Klozapin (?spelling) or some such - took it when he felt the jerking start (occasionally), then was told to take one every night and hasn't had a problem since (keeps it in his system so it doesn't take so long to become active when needed), but in discussing the iron part, he doesn't take any - so he may try that avenue. (Thanks!!) He went to 3-4 Drs for another issue with sinuses and was finally told about the sinus rinse which stopped his coughing often during the day - waalaa! worked! so he's faithful to do the rinse often and hasn't coughed like that for a long while in reaction to smelling things that would cause him to react... I thought it might be me and my smoking...
I tend to not want to waste money on Drs - so many are so closed minded to 'other ways' to fix simple issues... they're definitely not trained in preventative measures/medicine! He's now great about searching out issues online now, which as fulltime RVers is awesome to have the knowledge base out there as we travel around.
I love it that we never stop learning stuff as we age! haha

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Well, folks, I'm really liking my iStick 50W I got in my vape mail today! I tried filling the iTaste 30S and spilled juice all over the iTaste MVP, my lap, and several napkins doing so - think I need more than three itsy bitsy pictures to know I'm doing it right next time (haha) - livin' and learnin' here in AZ!
I'm off to bed to join my snoring with hubby's - tomorrow's another day to try again with...take care and don't stay up too late, k? haha
NancyB
This morning I watched several videos on the IClear 30S (correct name, I think) - and learned that I was only removing the mouthpiece, not the top of the tank too, so as to put the juice around the OUTSIDE of the metal tube with holes (grin) - hmm... works much better with juice 'around the center tube' than down the air hole!! haha more livin' and learnin' !! This internet is wonderful for learning all kinds of stuff!! (and for when there is no help 'locally' or within a 2 hr drive of us) So very thankful for this website too and all it's help!!

Spiceman1967

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Lompoc, CA, USA
Congrats, hope you LOVE it! What flavors did you pick, and promise to let us all know how everything is??
They gave one each of the Five Pawns collection (Garnd Master, Gambit, Queenside, Perpetual Check, and Bowden's Mate). Everything works great!

I really like the small size of the SMOK. The only thing with the SMOK is that it doesn't have temp control (TC). All of my builds are setup for TC, so the Atlantis sets on top for now. It tops out at 45W which is plenty for me. I have two DNA40s and rarely go much higher than 20W. But the SMOK's size is what I really love. It fits very comfortable in the hand and Is smaller and narrower than my Hana DNA40.

The Atlantis is a really nice tank. This is the first Aspire tank I have ever tried. It is pretty airy and reminds my of the Kanger Sub Tanks. Unlike the Sub Tanks, the Aspire doesn't have an optional build deck. This is no big deal to me, but thought I should mention it. I was surprised at how good the flavor is from the Aspire right out of the box. It definitely tastes as good as the Sub Tanks I have.

I have always been a big fan of Five Pawns, but since I DIY my juice I don't purchase much ejuice these days. Out of the five I received the Grandmaster and Gambit are the ones I have tried. I have DIY recipes for these and wanted to see how close my brews compared to the originals. I will try the other three flavors here soon.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
This morning I watched several videos on the IClear 30S (correct name, I think) - and learned that I was only removing the mouthpiece, not the top of the tank too, so as to put the juice around the OUTSIDE of the metal tube with holes (grin) - hmm... works much better with juice 'around the center tube' than down the air hole!! haha more livin' and learnin' !! This internet is wonderful for learning all kinds of stuff!! (and for when there is no help 'locally' or within a 2 hr drive of us) So very thankful for this website too and all it's help!!
The amount I've learned in a short time from this forum boggles my mind!

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
They gave one each of the Five Pawns collection (Garnd Master, Gambit, Queenside, Perpetual Check, and Bowden's Mate). Everything works great!

I really like the small size of the SMOK. The only thing with the SMOK is that it doesn't have temp control (TC). All of my builds are setup for TC, so the Atlantis sets on top for now. It tops out at 45W which is plenty for me. I have two DNA40s and rarely go much higher than 20W. But the SMOK's size is what I really love. It fits very comfortable in the hand and Is smaller and narrower than my Hana DNA40.

The Atlantis is a really nice tank. This is the first Aspire tank I have ever tried. It is pretty airy and reminds my of the Kanger Sub Tanks. Unlike the Sub Tanks, the Aspire doesn't have an optional build deck. This is no big deal to me, but thought I should mention it. I was surprised at how good the flavor is from the Aspire right out of the box. It definitely tastes as good as the Sub Tanks I have.

I have always been a big fan of Five Pawns, but since I DIY my juice I don't purchase much ejuice these days. Out of the five I received the Grandmaster and Gambit are the ones I have tried. I have DIY recipes for these and wanted to see how close my brews compared to the originals. I will try the other three flavors here soon.
See, these things are good to know...lol...I buy juice local after spending sooooo much $$$$$ ordering ones I thought I'd like and hating them once they got here and I tasted them.

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com

I too learned what you have just learned (grin) - DIY is the way to go to save money and get what you like the 1st time! My only mistake right off the bat was making up too large of a batch of one flavor (4 oz?)... our likes change and we need to have a couple dif flavors to mix it up/use, otherwise our tastebuds tire of the same thing and it seems the juice goes flat (no taste), but it's our mouth instead that no longer can differenciate, I think... so I have a little stash of 18ml bottles of dif. flavors and go back and forth, sometimes a couple times a day, sometimes every 2-3 days...for a change - now they all stay fresh and new to me... I tend to keep on hand my base mix (60% PG / 40% VG and 20% nic or 12mg in a 2 or 3oz container - then when I try a new flavor, the rest is already made up. I put my flavor in a small bottle and add the shaken up base mix to it to fill the bottle and then let it steep. Tis pretty quick that way. Some flavors will be good right away, others might take a day or two, or a week or more, different makers basically. I like Hangsen flavors the best, 2 yrs down the road.
edit - don't like perfumy flavors that stink up the room, or those with dyes in them for looks, or lots of chemical sweets stuff - I am surprised when purchasing some locally that they really are nice! (like Tobacco for newbies to try out) lol but that is rare, me purchasing made up juice.

Last edited:

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
The amount I've learned in a short time from this forum boggles my mind!

It'll only be multiplied the longer you're at it, too! GRIN Who'd of ever thought this 70 yr old would have jumped into this arena and welcomed it all, embracing the old and new stuff, and all the folks that are also trying things in their journeys? Everyone helping their co-horts.. tis awesome in my eyes! (and contagious! te he)

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Talked to David this a.m. about our convo last night - he was prescribed Clonapin or Klozapin (?spelling) or some such - took it when he felt the jerking start (occasionally), then was told to take one every night and hasn't had a problem since (keeps it in his system so it doesn't take so long to become active when needed), but in discussing the iron part, he doesn't take any - so he may try that avenue. (Thanks!!) He went to 3-4 Drs for another issue with sinuses and was finally told about the sinus rinse which stopped his coughing often during the day - waalaa! worked! so he's faithful to do the rinse often and hasn't coughed like that for a long while in reaction to smelling things that would cause him to react... I thought it might be me and my smoking...
I tend to not want to waste money on Drs - so many are so closed minded to 'other ways' to fix simple issues... they're definitely not trained in preventative measures/medicine! He's now great about searching out issues online now, which as fulltime RVers is awesome to have the knowledge base out there as we travel around.
I love it that we never stop learning stuff as we age! haha
There's a lot of things MD's are good for, but sometimes you need to go "outside the box". I used to have a great PA in Kansas....she was older, a little hippy-ish and believed in holistic and alternative treatments. I found her by accident at and urgent care affiliated with a full family care center. Sometimes the answer is a prescription pad, sometimes it's not...lol...

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I too learned what you have just learned (grin) - DIY is the way to go to save money and get what you like the 1st time! My only mistake right off the bat was making up too large of a batch of one flavor (4 oz?)... our likes change and we need to have a couple dif flavors to mix it up/use, otherwise our tastebuds tire of the same thing and it seems the juice goes flat (no taste), but it's our mouth instead that no longer can differenciate, I think... so I have a little stash of 18ml bottles of dif. flavors and go back and forth, sometimes a couple times a day, sometimes every 2-3 days...for a change - now they all stay fresh and new to me... I tend to keep on hand my base mix (60% PG / 40% VG and 20% nic or 12mg in a 2 or 3oz container - then when I try a new flavor, the rest is already made up. I put my flavor in a small bottle and add the shaken up base mix to it to fill the bottle and then let it steep. Tis pretty quick that way. Some flavors will be good right away, others might take a day or two, or a week or more, different makers basically. I like Hangsen flavors the best, 2 yrs down the road.
LOL..I just keep switching out tanks for now. It's fool proof!

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
LOL..I just keep switching out tanks for now. It's fool proof!

I just counted mine, there's 12 of them with dif flavor mixes in each one - thus my preference for cheap tanks so I can store them and use as I wish, rather than one or more pricey ones and have to wait to refill when it's been used up - or pour back into a bottle and rinse to try another dif. mix. (GS H3 or clear evod - all clear color.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread