Prize winners announcement thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

74deeds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Seattle
Mine shows it arrived in the U.S. over a week ago not sure where, then again I have another package coming from Texas that has taken over a week now too... the postal system is fail lately...in my opinion anyway, Fingers crossed they will arrive safely!
Ironically both packages arrived today. I will try to get a pic uploaded tomorrow. so yep just in time for the 4th!

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Then...
c5209656346a84a0bb4d19af1b36b488.jpg

And today...
6babc8f44320c2e55f038e3cd853eea3.jpg

:lol:
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

I just stopped in to see where things were in this thread, and found I'm some 26 pages back in my reading, and exactly 2 weeks ago that the 'winners family chat' began.... I got some catching up to do!! lol
Cody, it's so fun seeing what you look like today! Much more serious looking than I would have guessed, but then again, you're just taking a picture for comparison, right? old days/today... where's your wide brimmed hat? haha mine would most likely be non-smiling as well... back to catching up! NB

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
After all the hullabaloo over USMCotaku's pictures, thought it would be fun to post a couple 'before and a bit later' pics... 1st is me loving on our dog Butchie on the lake in Washington.... (hmm do I say back in 1945?)
05LifeBeforeDavid004.jpg

then here's one I like from just after we were married (1967 vintage) grin... I know, dating myself, right? I was 23 in this picture.

05LifeBeforeDavid068.jpg

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I just stopped in to see where things were in this thread, and found I'm some 26 pages back in my reading, and exactly 2 weeks ago that the 'winners family chat' began.... I got some catching up to do!! lol
Cody, it's so fun seeing what you look like today! Much more serious looking than I would have guessed, but then again, you're just taking a picture for comparison, right? old days/today... where's your wide brimmed hat? haha mine would most likely be non-smiling as well... back to catching up! NB
Guess I'm just a serious kinda guy :p

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Guess I'm just a serious kinda guy :p

BTW, I much prefer the facial foliage. Always been a sucker for guys with any sort of beard... even that brillo pad on my husband's face. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
My allergies are really assaulting me this summer; I've always had summer rather than spring allergies -- grass, not tree pollen -- but this year, being nearly a year smoke-free, my nose AND eyes are just going bananas. I take a Zyrtec every morning because of our cat, but I may need to double up on those, during the summer; take them 12 instead of 24 hrs apart.

And I was right, this *is* an el Nino (neen-yo -- no idea how to get an n with a tilde over it) summer; hot hot hot, infrequent rain, and when it does rain, it's a real gullywasher. Good thing I'm not doing any serious gardening this year.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Ah, not a Spanish speaker.... Dabbled in French, Japanese and mandarin Chinese.....zero Spanish

El Niño..... There ya go, cut and paste :p
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

I took Spanish for 2 yrs in HS... not nearly enough for fluency or even much vocabulary, though I did learn to count to 100, and still can do that (and also, to ask where is the bathroom, which seemed a really useful thing to know, in Spanish, in case one ever went to Mexico. :D). What I admire most about spanish is the phonetic nature of the language, and the syntax construction of noun then adjective, rather than the adjective then noun which I think English inherited from Saxon/German, or possibly from Old Norse/Old Danish.

My son took it for 4 yrs in HS, and became quite fluent -- when he'd be on the phone with one of his BFFs, he'd speak in Spanish to keep me from understanding -- and it pretty much worked. :D

Andria

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA

His beautiful eyes are smiling Nancy. :D

Reactions: NancyB

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
BTW, I much prefer the facial foliage. Always been a sucker for guys with any sort of beard... even that brillo pad on my husband's face. :D

Andria

I like 'em clean shaven, please - te he I know it's a pest to do everyday, but if I can do it, they can too! HAHA (Bless my mama and gramma for my chin hairs and mustache!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread