Wilmington, NC
SvoeMaesto tapered ring with the Kayfun lite V2

2j5dyf6.jpg

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
The new ProVape ring looks great, but I just can't my head around paying $36 and change for international shipping for a small item like this.

The next lowest is the GR-Modders' Pro-Rings @ $16.77 a piece. They have it in three variants, as well as in brushed and polished finish. Brass ones >HERE<

It looks like the only option available at this time for these Kir Fanis/GR-modders rings is polished SS version with a dimple pattern. Shipping to Canada is very reasonable (under $10 and under $6 for two shipping choices via EATA = Greek national postal service = two weeks +/-). I just ordered one.

2. BombVapor's Black Delrin Ring is the next cheap Pro-Ring @ $10. However, typically N/A always. You have a 'notify me' option there ~ but I'm waiting for their response since 2-3 weeks now. Their SS ring is for $20 though. And again - N/A.[/FONT]

FYI both Bomb Vapor links are DOA at the moment.

-- Glenn

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
...FYI both Bomb Vapor links are DOA at the moment.

-- Glenn

B/Vapor, it seems, is no more making the rings.

As of now I think the Sotong 'Slotted' Ring is our best option. Everything could be flush mount without any worries of air-flow. At $20 (or $18) Shipped it's also well priced especially for us in Canada*.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Interesting development, I emailed ProVape to ask whether any shipping alternatives are available -- for smaller things, some vape places will put the item in an envelope, and ship it through the regular mail (no tracking number, of course).

ProVape told me that there is an option to do this, and the shipping cost is very reasonable. I don't want to post the contents of ProVape's email -- which was sent to me personally -- but if you're not in the US and like the sound of this, it's worth checking out. After two or three weeks of vaping with that non-flush look, i've just ordered my 2nd ProVari ring today.

-- Glenn

The new ProVape ring looks great, but I just can't my head around paying $36 and change for international shipping for a small item like this....

Ibrahim Prophet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Between 47% & 99%
So, ProVape FINALLY got into the business of making a beauty ring for their own device!!! It's about-damn-time. I have a Tatroe ring and base, btw. May get the ProVape ring next time I order something from them.
Does anybody know about ProVari Tank Ring Provari tank ring? I want to use it with KFL

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I'm curious as to whether toppers with non-adjustable 510 connections will work with em tho. The provape site explicitly states that you'll need to do adjust the 510 somehow to ensure connection with the cap on.

HOLY CRAP ITS 8 BUCKS WITH FREE SHIPPING?!?! What a deal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Some will fit with no adjusting. ($8 provape ring).

My Kayfun clone is fine and so is my Nautilus Clearo. Aspire Nova Clearo style needed more of a pin pull, but Aspires have been known to have that problem.

I like that I can put a nova size "topper" on it and the pro-ring is not flopping around. IMHO that size "topper" is also the best looking, due to the multiple air vent marks.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Got my ProVape ring today, too - sorry can't do pix right now!!
Here's my notes:

- it's brushed. Wasn't clear on their site, but as you can see in others' photos - it's brushed. For ME, that's good! I was hoping it was NOT a perfect match for a Satin provari, cause my provaris are black...

- the airflow notches work - a unique solution, kind of a different look. Maybe not "elegant," but functional (some may say "like a ProVari"!). But if I'm using a Kir Fanis tank, I may prefer a Kir Fanis ring. Or even a Kayfun Cone for the taper.

- It's NOT tall. Pretty close in height to the "Kayfun Cone" (which spins under my Russian - ...) - which means with a few of my tops, you can spin it. But not a wobbly spin - it's pretty CLOSE to a snug fit... But it's not REAL short - I DID have to adjust the post on my Russian to reach. Lower than a Loki ring. So it's an in-between height.

Summary - it's CRAZY that all these rings (ProVape, Loki, Tatroe, Kayfun, Kir Fanis) ALL have slightly different heights - and so there's no single ring (well, maybe a Hippo) that we can use for a variety of toppers. And no single carto/atty setup that will work with a variety of rings.
I guess it's nice to have a selection, but heck - I'm now starting to get confused on which I like with which.
Might have to try a Hippo V2 and ditch some of my "not usually" rings.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
.... - the airflow notches work - a unique solution, kind of a different look. Maybe not "elegant," but functional (some may say "like a ProVari"!). But if I'm using a Kir Fanis tank, I may prefer a Kir Fanis ring. Or even a Kayfun Cone for the taper.

Looks like there's more selection available with the Kir Fanis rings as of this morning. Yesterday there was the polished version only, but today there's unpolished as well (still with the dimples that mimic the pattern on the slope of the ProVari mini top ring). I'm hoping I can change my order to 'unpolished.'

I think this ring will work well with my favourite 22 mm Genesis-style rba.

-- Glenn

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
I just received my Loki ring yesterday. I've been waiting for Provape to release a proring and now that I wasted money on the IBtanked one, without reading that it was only meant for the 22mm carto tank and nothing else, I broke down and payed $25 shipped for the Loki. It looks great, but it sucks that I didn't see this at Provape for $8 till after I bought 2 dif prorings! Just my luck I guess. At least the Loki looks great, but would've loved this one to match the finish in my R91

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Summary - it's CRAZY that all these rings (ProVape, Loki, Tatroe, Kayfun, Kir Fanis) ALL have slightly different heights - and so there's no single ring (well, maybe a Hippo) that we can use for a variety of toppers. And no single carto/atty setup that will work with a variety of rings.
I guess it's nice to have a selection, but heck - I'm now starting to get confused on which I like with which.
Might have to try a Hippo V2 and ditch some of my "not usually" rings.

So true. I think I've got it down to a few rings that are must haves. I think you are on the same track. ;)

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Cingulum Compleo is in stock in SS brushed and polished if anyone was waiting.

updated list

Rings
Atmistique Hippo v2 AFC SS and Brass
Loki Lab Pro-Ring
Tatroe Cone SS and Brass
Kir Fanis ProVari Rings
Kayfun PV cone
Bombvapor Pro-ring SS and Delrin Removed from their website. Maybe no longer made?
IBTanked IBTpro 22
Innovape Beauty ring
Sotong ProVari Ring - from Vaporwall
StattQualm SQuape Provari ring
abcvaping Provari Ring-Pro Beauty Ring
Vaperfexion V-COLLAR TRIM RING
ProVape ProVari Tank Ring

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Received ProVari Tank Ring yesterday, 2 days from order. Fits well,spins with my KFL+ cone,but not loose. As stated before, $8,such a deal!

I just purchased mine today for my Kayfun 3.1ES. Also bought an Ego Adapter should I ever want to vape from a Protank Mini or Iclear 15B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread