Pro tanks on Ego batteries...Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornadotwist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
United States
Anyone have any pictures of the Pro tank on an Ego battery? I have a 650mAH battery and I am worried that the pro tank is going to look hideously big and bulky on it. I'm trying to keep my look a bit stealthy/small-ish since I am quite small, and I also like to tote my PV in my pocket without having to worry about it not fitting. I'm also wondering what the Evod's will look like on it. I ordered a bunch of Evod's and a few off brand pro tanks from fasttech but I am inpatient lol

Would LOVE to see pictures of your Ego set up's and the tank systems being used.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
egoprotank.jpg

From left to right.
That's a standard 18350 battery, Spinner 1300mAh with a pro-tank, (Vamo with a 3.5ml Vivi nova), a Spinner 1300mAh with a Stainless EVOD and a standard 15ml bottle of juice for size comparison.

I think a pro-tank on a 650 will be really top heavy, but the EVOD on it will be absolutely fine. Just my opinion...

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Aglet, that is my main concern. I don't want to ruin my Evod's or clearo's with high citric/acidic juices so I did get the off brand pro tank to test out to see if I like it. I probably won't make it my go too system, but will use it when I use the high corrosive juices.

You could get a vivi nova mini metal - it has a small form and sits nicely on top of my spinners. If you prefer the bottom coil, there is a pro-tank mini in the pipeline according to Kanger's official website and this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/422138-kanger-protank-mini.html That might give you the look and feel you're looking for.

Of course it's not out yet and I have no idea if it's a good head, just throwing it out there.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aglet, that is my main concern. I don't want to ruin my Evod's or clearo's with high citric/acidic juices so I did get the off brand pro tank to test out to see if I like it. I probably won't make it my go too system, but will use it when I use the high corrosive juices.

If you're looking for a Kanger bottom feeder for tank cracking juices close to the same diameter as your eGo battery it's the MT3S

Kanger MT3s clearomizer – KangerTech

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Anyone have any pictures of the Pro tank on an Ego battery? I have a 650mAH battery and I am worried that the pro tank is going to look hideously big and bulky on it. I'm trying to keep my look a bit stealthy/small-ish since I am quite small, and I also like to tote my PV in my pocket without having to worry about it not fitting. I'm also wondering what the Evod's will look like on it. I ordered a bunch of Evod's and a few off brand pro tanks from fasttech but I am inpatient lol

Would LOVE to see pictures of your Ego set up's and the tank systems being used.

Evods will look great on it.. Run some all the time..

Jack Pappas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
You could get a vivi nova mini metal - it has a small form and sits nicely on top of my spinners. If you prefer the bottom coil, there is a pro-tank mini in the pipeline according to Kanger's official website and this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/422138-kanger-protank-mini.html That might give you the look and feel you're looking for.

Of course it's not out yet and I have no idea if it's a good head, just throwing it out there.

That protank mini looks gorgeous.
They have a video up

Kanger Mini

Last edited:

Tornadotwist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
United States
Thank you everyone!! It doesn't look too horrible I suppose. I think it would be okay for the harsher juices here and there but not something I would want to use when I am on the go. I'm just starting up, and I'm in the process of finding things I like and don't like. My 650mAH battery lasts me 2 days on one charge since I don't vape a lot, and I use the 5 push feature to turn it off when not in use, so it is fitting for what I need, but maybe I could do a 900mAH or even an 1100mAH battery just for the use of the pro tank....I will figure something out. I like the vivi nova mini metal tanks, but I can't seem to find a cheap knock off version to do a test run on, same with the MT3's. I LOVE my CE4's so I'd like to stay close to that size. I appreciate all of the pictures, and your set up's look amazing!! I can't wait to finally find something I can be happy vaping all day, then I can buy more goodies lol. I never knew quitting smoking was so much fun!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I find the Protank a bit heavy for an eGo. It's not the look, it's the weight. Reminds me of a mace.

mace%2Bmorningstar.jpg

You could do some serious damage if you hit someone with it, so it might be good for out and about in a rough part of town.

I often use IBTank 19mm carto tanks on eGos, they don't weigh nearly as much as a Protank. This is a 19mm XL on a 650mAh. I like the look of a standard sized tank on a 650mAh a bit better (it takes a 35mm carto, instead of a 45mm), but I don't have a picture of it.

little vaper.jpg

I'm not a big Vivi Nova fan, but there is a pyrex one available. I don't know how they perform compared to regular Vivis, I don't know anyone who has tried them.

Pyrex 3.5ml ViVi Nova Tank

Tornadotwist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
United States
I find the Protank a bit heavy for an eGo. It's not the look, it's the weight. Reminds me of a mace.

mace%2Bmorningstar.jpg

You could do some serious damage if you hit someone with it, so it might be good for out and about in a rough part of town.

I often use IBTank 19mm carto tanks on eGos, they don't weigh nearly as much as a Protank. This is a 19mm XL on a 650mAh. I like the look of a standard sized tank on a 650mAh a bit better (it takes a 35mm carto, instead of a 45mm), but I don't have a picture of it.

View attachment 223559

I'm not a big Vivi Nova fan, but there is a pyrex one available. I don't know how they perform compared to regular Vivis, I don't know anyone who has tried them.

Pyrex 3.5ml ViVi Nova Tank

Again Thank you Ocelot! You have really helped me in the few posts I have had. I went ahead and placed an order for 2 of the pyrex vivi nova's you linked me too. They come in pretty colors which I love lol and they are more of the size or look to be more of the size I am wanting, plus they are glass! I will still give pro tank a try as well, but these nova's look like a great fit, I just hope they work as good as they look!

Just be aware that when you buy a vivi nova, it shouldn't have the metal cone on top of the silicone cover of the coil. It should be flat - if not, you may well have serious leaking issues.

The one on the right is the clone

View attachment 223565

Thank you!! I wonder why some have the cone at the top and some do not? My CE4 obviously has one, what difference do they make since it is just an air flow thing? My CE4 does leak very slightly at the bottom and always has since day one. I can take the tank off to refill or charge and I always have to wipe the battery out with a q-tip and the bottom of the clearo out with a q-tip as well. Wish there was a way to fix that problem besides throwing it in the trash and getting a new one.

NakiFantaki

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Las Vegas NV
View attachment 223536

Maybe this will help with size perspective. 650mah ego with Protank, 650mah with Evod, 400mah with metal tank mini Vivi Nova, 350mah with Evod.

I think I could deal with the size of the protank, but it's very top-heavy on an ego.

Sue where can I find the 350mah ego?!
So cute!:D

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Again Thank you Ocelot! You have really helped me in the few posts I have had. I went ahead and placed an order for 2 of the pyrex vivi nova's you linked me too. They come in pretty colors which I love lol and they are more of the size or look to be more of the size I am wanting, plus they are glass! I will still give pro tank a try as well, but these nova's look like a great fit, I just hope they work as good as they look!

At some point you'll probably want to get a "thread cover" (sometimes called “cone covers,” or “skirts”) it makes Vivis look more streamlined on eGo-type batteries. (For some reason a few vendors called them “adaptors,” which is a misnomer, the cover is purely cosmetic.) You would want a "D" for the 3.5ml Vivi.

eGo sized C and D on batteries

ego%20sleve%20cone%20on%20battery.jpg

I'm not a big Vivi nova fan, but a lot of people are. Hopefully you will be one of them. :D

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Sue where can I find the 350mah ego?!
So cute!:D

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. I got the 350mah Mini from HighDesert Mini eGo Battery - High Desert Vapes

The slightly larger 400mah is from Stormy's http://stormysvaporcellar.com/oc_1/index.php?route=product/product&path=100_73&product_id=154

The 400 is new to me, I've had the 350 long enough that I can say it works surprisingly well for it's size. I liked the first one enough that I went back and got two more colors. LOL You could call me a mini Ego maniac.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread