Probably a stupid Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiwie

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
United States
So this is tricky as how to answer. I know of this lady who asked me why her ego-c wasn't letting her get airflow, simple answer was that she was using 100% vg (vegetable glycerin) which as you may know is VERY thick. That fixed her problem, I also took a look at the unit itself and it seemed perfectly fine, I even went so far as to clean it. The point is, it could be your unit and/or mouthpiece is clogged, and it is very possible that the juice you're vaping on is too thick. Try cleaning it with a paper towel and q tips, if it doesn't work take a look at your juice. If your juice is too thick, thin it out with pg (propylene glycol) I hope this helps you out!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You could just need a new atomizer. The best cleaning solvent is PGA (pure grain alcohol) - Everclear. If you don't have that, get the highest proof unflavored vodka. Shake it in the coil a good three or four times and then set and let dry. You might need to dry-burn it also. Don't use rubbing alcohol unless you like the nasty taste of rubbing alcohol.

If you use the PGA every day or so, you will eliminate much of the build up on a new atty.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Not a dumb question at all ... as you can see, there are several possibilities. If you haven't cleaned your atty in a while and you've tried other cartridges, I'd say try cleaning your atty with PGA as was suggested by wv2win. This is what I use as well and I've had some attys last far longer than what would be considered normal. Are you adding your own juice or using pre-filled cartridges?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Unless they have redesigned the 510-T, Dont try and dry burn it. The atty is poly filled and dry burning will ruin it. Darker juices will clog them up quicker and require cleaning or replacement more often than clear juices.

Sovran. 510-T atties do not have any polyfill in them--they are tank atties.

Sovran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
State side
Perhaps changes have been made. I pulled out my old 510-T (genuine) to check and see IIRC and sure enough there is a white cotton like material in the atty. The tank/mouthpiece sits right on top of this material to feed the coil. Even though I dont use it anymore, I keep it around for sentimental reasons. It was my first bit of kit that got me started analog free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread