Problem firing Subox mini, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XanaX1

Moved On
Oct 13, 2015
I purchased the subox yesterday, both occ's worked great however trying to use the RBA just gives me a 9.9ohm reading showing a short. Eventually both the occ heads gave out so I bought new Kanthal wire to try and fix the shorting problem. Now with new coils in both OCC's and the RBA i get a 9.9 ohm reading and 0.0 voltage, however the ohm's fluctuate between 4.5 to 7 ohm on the O.5 occ. I am new to vaping and this is extremely frustrating as I have cleaned the 510 connector with isopropyl alcahol, tried new wiring etc, etc. The product is legitimate Kangertech, what am I doing wrong here???

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi XanaX1.

The Problem might not be with your Subtank, it might be with you Mod.

The 510 Pin on that Mod is Not Spring Loaded. so if it gets pushed down too far it can fail to make Contact with the Atomizer.

If you got your Set-Up from a Vape Store, I would go back and I'm sure they can Help You.

If you got it Online, do you know Anyone else who Vapes that you could take it to and see if their Atomizer works on your Mod? And if their Mod works with your Atomizer?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If it turns out not to be the center pin it could be ab issue with the airflow adjustment ring. One of my customers had an issue where the ring was causing the problem you describe and could duplicate it by turning the ring while firing the mod.

This could Well be the Problem.

That is why I Always suggest before someone Rushes out and tries to do Something to their Mod, that they Try their Atomizer on Another Mod. Especially a Mod that is Still under Warrantee.

If the Atomizer does the Exact same thing on Another Mod, then the Problem is with the Atomizer.

If the Atomizer work Fine on Another Mod, then the Problem is with the Original Mod's 510 Pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread