Problem wit ELeaf iStick 50W

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatty

Feb 22, 2015
I just bought the istick 50 a few days ago. Yesterday I noticed that I wasnt getting the pull I was getting before. I have a SubTank with a 1.2. I decided to put the tank onto my IPV Mini 2. That works fine. I plugged the charger into the istick. Doesnt show its charging and shows full battery. I think the unit is faulty and broke. Is there a way to reboot it? That might sound stupid but I dont want to open it up and pull the battery.

Brian Bavington

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
brooksville fl
My sons 50 did the same thing today just got It yesterday with his kanger sub tank then he got a wicked dry hit it was throwing 8 volts at his tank it was set at 18 watts jumping all over battery reading low one min 1/3 charged then full charge the next min he got arthization to return it his 30 did a meltdown last week fired it self after burning his hand on his tank trying to loosen slammed on the ground on purpose to brake the tank so it did not do a total melt down sent that one back too

Mikeyt114

Feb 25, 2015
Ringgold, Ga
My sons 50 did the same thing today just got It yesterday with his kanger sub tank then he got a wicked dry hit it was throwing 8 volts at his tank it was set at 18 watts jumping all over battery reading low one min 1/3 charged then full charge the next min he got arthization to return it his 30 did a meltdown last week fired it self after burning his hand on his tank trying to loosen slammed on the ground on purpose to brake the tank so it did not do a total melt down sent that one back too

I am having trouble with the 30 Watt 510 connection is about stripped. Anyone else?

Brian Bavington

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
brooksville fl
The 30 was checked it at B@M replaced after they checked it guy at shop thought my son was wacky until he had the same thing happened as soon as he tried hit fire button every thing was find tell he let go of button lights on dispay off but still powering the tank his tank all I am saying is be careful they handed him a new one right on the spot the so much for safety built in to istike I own two kanger tanks sub big one and a mini trouble free using RBA I fell to explan for those not up on oms law 8 volts witch is what the 50 watt istike dispay read at a .5 build is right at 200 watts thats bs all I am throwing out here is becarefull and in dought get your mod and tank checked out

Justin Evenson

Sep 21, 2014
Just got my eleaf 50 4 days ago by second day with full batt.. It said low power when trying to fire aspir atlantis .6 ohm at 20 w... It would fire like half the time , then after few vapes it shut off only way to get it on was plugging power cord and wall ASAP. Provided, every since then it will .... off do nothing till a cord is in it , does not show when it's being charged.. Bought it at worldofvape email 5 times over four days he's just got back to me asking if I reset it.... Well duh it resets it's self aooooo mad want a new one or if there crappy want a new mod .... Have a tank I can't even use !!!!!

I've had my eleaf 50w for just under 2 weeks. Battery lasts a long time depending on what you're firing. On a tank with 1.7 ohm I got about 4 days and switching between that and a subohm (the Atlantis) I got about 3. Dropped it last night, a 2 foot drop to a laminate floor and while it still fires, the screen is now blank so I can't see what I'm vaping at. Ok yeah, I dropped the thing...but one time from a couple feet. Durable it is not. I've put other devices through worse and only damaged the finish. Not sure if I'll get another one, though I really did like having one device for multiple tanks.

Just got my eleaf 50 4 days ago by second day with full batt.. It said low power when trying to fire aspir atlantis .6 ohm at 20 w... It would fire like half the time , then after few vapes it shut off only way to get it on was plugging power cord and wall ASAP. Provided, every since then it will .... off do nothing till a cord is in it , does not show when it's being charged.. Bought it at worldofvape email 5 times over four days he's just got back to me asking if I reset it.... Well duh it resets it's self aooooo mad want a new one or if there crappy want a new mod .... Have a tank I can't even use !!!!!

I got mine from a reputable dealer in Australia. Got the iStick 30W first and when the 50 came out got one of those as well. Mine have been perfect! I don't use anything else now as the iSticks run EVERYTHING I can throw at it, including sub ohm and drippers. You probably got a dodgy one so I would hunt the ..... down and cut his balls off if he doesn't exchange it!

I've had my eleaf 50w for just under 2 weeks. Battery lasts a long time depending on what you're firing. On a tank with 1.7 ohm I got about 4 days and switching between that and a subohm (the Atlantis) I got about 3. Dropped it last night, a 2 foot drop to a laminate floor and while it still fires, the screen is now blank so I can't see what I'm vaping at. Ok yeah, I dropped the thing...but one time from a couple feet. Durable it is not. I've put other devices through worse and only damaged the finish. Not sure if I'll get another one, though I really did like having one device for multiple tanks.

If the screen stopped working on either of mine (30W & 50W) I would buy another one I have been so happy with them! I mean at around $70 AUD it is the equivalent of 3 packs of 50 cigarettes so I don't complain when I remind myself how much I am saving.

So here's my experience:

Ordered 2 Isticks 50w through Eciggity...worked great till yesterday. One unit started showing a low power error when trying to fire then would die until I plugged it into a usb. Unit would come back on and fire fine a couple more times then would show a low power error again. Only plugging it in or adjusting the wattage/voltage setting prior to firing would fix the issue temporally. Contacted Eciggity and they told me that the first batch has some bugs and that they will send me some "Updated" units free of charge.
From Eciggity:
"Since we do not manufacture the product, we are not aware of what exactly they are fixing/altering, we just know it is an internal issue only. The exterior and capabilities all remain the same."
Anyone having issues should contact their vendor to see if they have the new "updated" units. Eciggity says they will begin shipping out the new ones as soon as they get them at the end of the month.

AC81

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2015
Connecticut
Not with me. But this was with a 20 watt iStick and a Nano with the 1.2 ohm coil. After switching between the Subtank and my old Nautilus for about a week on it, all of a sudden I got a "no atomizer" alert out of nowhere. Put the Nautilus on it, same thing. Had to fiddle with the center pin and now it works correctly with the subtank, although it is reading at 1.1 on this particular coil for some reason. Anyway, I stopped switching tanks on it and that seemed to solve the problem with the ohms jumping around. It was definitely the mod though, not the tank. Maybe switching around tanks did it, but you should be able to use more than one tank/atty on a mod. Disappointing to hear this about the 50 watt because I thought they fixed these problems on the newer devices. I really don't want to have to buy batteries and a external charger and all that crap so I was going to go with the 50 watt so I could use my subtank and maybe get an RDA to try dripping on. Now I think I might be better off just spending the money on nicer device and leaving Eleaf alone. They are probably cheap for a reason. They always get glowing reviews though. But those are always out of the box, I feel like time goes on and these things break down quickly. I had my 20 watt for 3 months only before problems started. It is working now that I only use the subtank on it, and occasionally lift the center pin a bit, but that is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread