Problem with building some coils, no heat, but vapes ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Here's something that I just can't get an answer for.

I've been into Temp. control and it's been great but...

I've been rebuilding my coils (Melo2/Atlantis type coils , and now with my Lemo (RTA)) for a while, and while I maintain the same approach every time I do one, I get my ohms right, I try and be sure that I don't have some hot spots, etc. (some I've dry burned on purpose just to see) by dripping liquid to see that if it bubbles evenly.

I mostly go with NI200, vertical, using 28 gauge, and get around 0.2 ohm dead on. I wick the same every time as much as possible, and....

I get coils that get great heat, I can vape at 430-460 with plenty of heat but then, some coils I need to go in the high 560+ to get the same heat.

I take them apart, recheck everything, then back together, and some will then be fine, other time, I give up and just rebuilt again.

I can imagine that some might be a bit off as I put everything together, NI200 being soft and all, but it's such a difference from one to the other at times.

I tried with Titanium, and had even more trouble for it to be stable.

I'm at a loss and can't find anything anywhere to explain this.

My guess, the coil gets moved around that the wrap touch while I cotton them and close them up... but I do try to be extra careful but it still happens every so often.

Another note.. I can sometimes take the tank off, wait a bit, reset the Ohm lock and it'll be fine again, at lest for a little while...

Last edited:

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
are you vaping on the same device when you notice these problems? Also what device are you using? TC accuracy are different depending on the board in the mod.

It's the same of various devices... from what I can guess, it's a question of the amount, tightness of the cotton as it's getting saturated.

I've just did a test with my RTA, and same thing... started great at 420F being nice and warm right after priming and using it right after install, but within a 1/2 hour, I had to increase temp to 480-490ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread