Problem with ego one coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megan Smith

Oct 12, 2015
Hi, I have a joytech ego one and just bought a new coil and it seems to be having problems soaking up the liquid from my tank. I have prepped it by saturating the four holes on the side and by adding a few drops in the center. While that works for about the first 3 hits, I get burnt hits from then on. I just soaked the whole coil in liquid for about 5 minutes and again, that worked for about the first 3 hits. Is there a reason why my liquid might not be reaching the coil? Or do you think I just got a bad coil?
Have had this vape for over a year.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I ended up switching to the CLR coils after a few "questionable" CLs.

On the CL coils I was able to fix, I used a small pin/needle inserted into each wick hole to poke/pack/tamp the cotton up against the coil. The process leaves a small hole that seems to help with wicking also.

Good luck
I

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
I learned a tip the other day, on priming coils. DO NOT saturate the holes on the side. When you do this, you cannot tell if the coil is truly saturated. Instead, slightly tilt your coil, and add your juice around the inside brim (where your coil is). When you see the cotton in the holes getting wet, from the inside, you know the coil is ready. You may add a couple of drops in the center, just be careful not to flood the coil.

Reactions: Megan Smith

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi, I have a joytech ego one and just bought a new coil and it seems to be having problems soaking up the liquid from my tank. I have prepped it by saturating the four holes on the side and by adding a few drops in the center. While that works for about the first 3 hits, I get burnt hits from then on. I just soaked the whole coil in liquid for about 5 minutes and again, that worked for about the first 3 hits. Is there a reason why my liquid might not be reaching the coil? Or do you think I just got a bad coil?
Have had this vape for over a year.

Hi Megan.

It sounds like you got ahold of a Bad Coil. It happens.

I would suggest that the Next time you buy a 5-Pack of Coils, that you consider trying the CLR style coils.

I think they Work Better than the Regular Coils. And you can Rebuild them down the Road if you want to.

BTW - Welcome to the ECF.

Megan Smith

Oct 12, 2015
I learned a tip the other day, on priming coils. DO NOT saturate the holes on the side. When you do this, you cannot tell if the coil is truly saturated. Instead, slightly tilt your coil, and add your juice around the inside brim (where your coil is). When you see the cotton in the holes getting wet, from the inside, you know the coil is ready. You may add a couple of drops in the center, just be careful not to flood the coil.

Thank you! I did this a few times and now it is working.

Reactions: zoiDman

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
I ended up switching to the CLR coils after a few "questionable" CLs.

On the CL coils I was able to fix, I used a small pin/needle inserted into each wick hole to poke/pack/tamp the cotton up against the coil. The process leaves a small hole that seems to help with wicking also.

Good luck
I
I've done this seems to work but I'm using aspire coils instead they seem to be tightly packed with cotton. just getting the pin in is hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread