Problem with eGo ONE coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamibe

Feb 1, 2015
Michigan, USA
Hello, I'm newer to vaping and I just got a eGo ONE 1100mAH Kit 3 days ago and both of the coils (1.0Ω and 0.5Ω) are giving my vapor a burnt taste (used 1.0Ω coil for a few hours the first day then the 0.5Ω coil the next day after the 1.0Ω coil tasted burnt then the 0.5Ω coil tasted burnt 2 days after use) which generally means the coils are bad, I wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong.

I use 50% VG & 50% PG e-liquid.

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
the coils. darker liquids do but i find its the super sweet ones that are really the killers. take one of your coil heads and look down into it from the top. see that screen? is it possable to pop that screen out with a needle or something? that way you coild see what the wick is made of. looks like there is a chance its cotton from the pics. if it is, too many dry hits can fry the cotton and ruin the coils

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
it does appear to be cotton. the only problem i have ever had with burning taste with cotton is when the wick isnt being properly saturated. if you take a pull without pressing the button and still get a burnt taste, the cotton has probably been singed. not really much of a fix unless you want to try your hand at rewicking. a 50/50 mix shouldnt be having trouble wicking with cotton. id try cleaning them before i call it quits. in my rdas i have never had much luck with coils wicked the way these are, but i know other brands of replaceable coils that do fine with it. if your device was vv id suggest turning the voltage down, but other then those primer puffs, im at a bit of a loss

Troy C

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 2, 2015
Crawfordsville, IN, USA
Just as an experiment you could try thinning the juice or using less viscous juice. Unfortunately, PG/VG ratio is only part of how viscous an eliquid is. Different manufacturers will thin the VG with distilled water to different ratios. A 65/35 can easily be just as thick as a 50/50 based on this variable.

I would also try letting the atomizer soak in the tank for a solid 20 minutes before use the first time and see if this resolves the issue with your current juice. Although it does sound like you have probably primed/waited before.

Juice higher in sugar/darker juice often does seem to foul atomizers much sooner as well.

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
if its after a water rinse than that discoloration could be from slight singing. when cleaning a head, the safest easiest way is to soak in vodka or everclear or something overnight. you can use isopropyl "rubbing" alcohol, but it is poisonous so you need to make sure to let it completely dry. i used to use rubbing alcohol all the time. it does completely evaporate so once its dry its safe but because its poisonous you must let it completely dry. thinining the juice isnt a bad idea. not too much though because i also read a bunch about these coils flooding. are you chain vaping when you start to get the burnt taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread