ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Mine looks like it's been through WW3. I'll take a pic of it later and we can compare mod battle scars :)
he's been using my originally red, but painted blue and black one for about 2 weeks(and complaining my paintjobs add weight, well duh don't use it then!), and i ended up grabbing it last night... he's not only taken off my paint job in parts, but the original red paint as well, i be seeing silver under it all lol. i'm going to end up sanding that one down eventually, but i've had it since july and managed not to mess it up...

Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
he's been using my originally red, but painted blue and black one for about 2 weeks(and complaining my paintjobs add weight, well duh don't use it then!), and i ended up grabbing it last night... he's not only taken off my paint job in parts, but the original red paint as well, i be seeing silver under it all lol. i'm going to end up sanding that one down eventually, but i've had it since july and managed not to mess it up...

Well it sounds like yours will probably be more impressive
yes3.gif
, but just in case ...

2a97ec4.jpg

2lnvk3o.jpg

My Merlin is definitely ...... to have to hang out with it
facepalm.gif

b8o4g7.jpg

Maybe some sanding and a paint job would help, but I think it's probably wiser to think about retirement. Then again, to loose all that character ... :(

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
phhhphbbbth! you know they're sexy in silverish... sand it and clear coat it, problem solved.

LOL, I like the way you think :)

So what have you found is the best protective finish for a mod? Clear I would think Varathane, but that's basically plastic and will scratch up pretty quick. I did that to my copper vein Reo. It didn't last all that long and I never beat up that mod.

There are those protective rubbery coatings. I think they go on quite thick and should be quite durable. Did a quick search and found a clear one. Have you ever tried something like this?

Off to work now to ding that mod up a bit more :eek:

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
i love the description, need to know how it reacts to to heat, and what ever device it is used on would have to be carefully dismantled first and made sure they don't cover/fill in things they shouldn't like the heat vents... i mainly use a hard gel nail polish as most of mine aren't perm and are easily removable with nail polish remover deliberately, though i've being thinking about a few of them i would like to be more perm.

Reactions: Ryedan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread