Problem with kanger protank II and provari

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by KurrptSenate, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KurrptSenate

KurrptSenate Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was ecstatic to receive my provari and SVD yesterday in the mail. Naturally, this means I vaped a bit more than usual. After enjoying my mtbakervapors root beer float for a while I started to get a Lo warning from the provari. The tank kept flooding. I cleaned out everything multiple times but the problem persisted.

I decided to call it quits till I could get some new heads.

Today I purchased 5 replacement heads and an additional pro tank II. I changed the head on the old tank and fired up the provari. Shortly after, a persistent E1 warning popped up. I tried the same tank on the SVD and had no problems at all. I put the new tank on the provari with no problems.

I'm not sure why the old tank won't work on the provari any more but will work on the SVD. Anyone know what I should do?

2. Kuma79

Kuma79 Super Member ECF Veteran

What is the old tank reading on the Ao setting?

3. stevegmu

stevegmu Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Lo isn't a fault. It is the menu option to turn on or off the light. The ProVari has certain protection circuitry to prevent a shorted atomizer from firing and causing a massive explosion. Apparently the SVD does not.

4. KurrptSenate

The old tank was reading all over the place. Normally 2.6

5. Kuma79

Unless you have the volts cranked all the way up i cant see where that would be the problem. Maybe its a bad ground?

6. KurrptSenate

Yesterday it was flooding and wouldn't allow me to take a cape unless I switched to the ego twist. The flavor was over the top to a ridiculous extent that I gave up for the rest of the night.

7. Preloader

Preloader Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Lo is also a reading you get when you go to Ao to read the resistance of an atomizer that has a short. Lo meaning "low" resistance, or short.

8. Kuma79

This is what I originally thought too but considering he said that he used two different heads it seems unlikely. Possible but unlikely.

9. KurrptSenate

It was spitting out Lo when checking Ao. Looked weird to me too. If I tried to cape after that I'd get an E1

10. KurrptSenate

Lo for short makes sense in that respect but I bought a blister pack of heads and had the same effect. I can get it to cape now but the tank is so loose.

11. KurrptSenate

it seems like the center post is down too far on my provari. in order to get a good vape I have to unscrew the tank a good amount to allow enough air flow. i'm still getting popping when doing this after cleaning out the tank

12. kbf101998

kbf101998 In the Sheepiezone Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have had that error message after 'flooding'. I changed everything and it just kept reading the same error msg. I took the tank off and cleaned the contacts really well--put the tank back on and it worked fine. I have had that happen twice--once got the E4 msg and both times I just cleaned it very well and it worked.

13. KurrptSenate

Are you talking about the center pin being cleaned well? (I assume)

There is some slight corrosion. Not sure what I should use. I thought about getting a steel wool scrub pad to assist in this

14. Zbeast08

Zbeast08 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I would use the 99% ISO alcohol and qtips that Provape recommends and clean and reclean and then use a fresh quip to dab any excess off the contact and within the well area! just my opinion!

15. LoganCrane

LoganCrane Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

[​IMG]

Sexy pic :) I know the colors don't match at all

16. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter Pride Male Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    See my blog (the red 3 under my Avatar links to them all) on ProVari maintenance.

99% Isopropyl alcohol with a Q-tip, and a pencil eraser if there is stubborn resistance.

17. skex

skex Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

In my experience the problem with the pro-tank is that people don't always get the coils screwed in completely. In fact I had managed to jam mine up very badly because I didn't realize it screwed in and couldn't figure out why it wasn't seating properly. So to start make sure you get the coil fully screwed in and seated in the base. if you are still getting errors after that pull the coil out and gently pry the center pin in the coil out so it will stick out further and make good contact with the center pin on your device. Just be careful not to pull it out too far.

18. KurrptSenate

I tried the eraser trick but have to get a hold of some 99% alcohol now. I haven't had any major issues since but I still get a pool on the brass connection under the 510 that I have to wipe clean. Not sure what causes this.

19. EvilZoe

EvilZoe Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well, THIS is an option to make Protanks actually work but the price is sort of high-ish. I've got two and switch them around.

I also found that the Loki beauty ring helps cut some of the airiness...something about its design is perfect for that purpose. Found that one out by accident.

20. kbf101998

kbf101998 In the Sheepiezone Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yes I was talking about the center pin and the area around it. I used a paper towel and a Q-tip with some 99% ISO alcohol--cleared up the problem. One thing I have noticed is that it really needs to be dried each time I change tanks because there is usually a little moisture there. I don't clean it each time--just use a paper towel to dry it really well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.