Problem with my Evic vt mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji_Rock

Dec 4, 2015
Hi guys,
I've just started having a problem with my mod (had it about 2 months), its giving inconsistent vapor production, when I first vape it after a break it will have low production, then after a few pulls it gets going, and then will lack again. I try setting it between 60-75w (post upgrade) and temp between 470-530f, battery fully charged, and the juice in there is roughly 60vg/40pg. I've put in a new coil (titanium) and given it all a good clean, so i'm stumped as to what the issue is.

Any ideas will be helpful
Thanks

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ok thank you for your advice, would you be able to recommend a specific battery suitable for my device? I'm not completely confident in understanding all the technical stuff so I don't want to buy the wrong thing.

I already did, in my earlier (edited) post. :) The most often recommended here batteries for high wattage vaping are Sony VTC4, Samsung 25r, or the LG HE2. I just got a pair of LG HE2 300 mAh batteries from RTD vapor and they are just amazing--and last forever.

LG 18650HG2 3000mAh 20a

[Oops--out of stock... ]

I always buy from RTD Vapor because I trust them, but you can shop around for a better deal. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller, like Orbtronics.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
And another thought. Joyetech offers a generous warranty on their products (if authentic and bought from an authorized dealer). You may try contacting your vendor and/or Joyetech and asking for help or exchange if there's a problem with your mod.

ETA: Are you sure it's not your atomizer that's causing the problem? Bad coils?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gfdeputy2

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Ok thank you for your advice, would you be able to recommend a specific battery suitable for my device? I'm not completely confident in understanding all the technical stuff so I don't want to buy the wrong thing.
I also use Efest 18650 2500 MaH in the same device. But I also use Samsung 18650 2500 MaH. In comparison, the Samsungs are better but most bang for the buck I suggest NJXO 3000 MaH 30A 18650's for this device. These are the batteries I will be upgrading to in the next few weeks. This comes on the recommendation of my local shop owner whom I trust completely.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
A bunch of us had similar issues with TC on that mod that last I knew had not been determined what caused it, other than possibly a bad batch. Mine worked beautifully in VW mode, in TC it was extremely inconsistent. I ended up returning mine and going with another brand. I won't get into a lengthy re-hashing of everything that happened, but just putting it out there that the mod has been known to do that for SOME people.
No idea if you have the exact same issue, but check over in the Joyetech forums, there is at least 1 thread there about it.

Good luck!

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I'm using the Efest 18650 2500mAH. Ive been using them since I got the mod, and only been having this problem since last night.
    Few months back I picked up one Efest 2500 do not recommend it - it never lasted as long as my Sony and just doesn't seem to have enough of power or something. Though I did pickup last month two Efest 3000mah batteries and they're the best batteries I have. They're out last my five Sony big time. I'll be ordering some more soon.

Benji_Rock

Dec 4, 2015
    Does it read anything on mods display when the vape gets weak, like Weak battery?

Okay, ive got the temp set at 520f and the power at 60w. When I press the fire button, the temp flashes 'protection' quickly and dances around 519f. the power dances abit then settles around 5w and the amp between 02.7A and 0.4A. It will also only say weak battery when it appears to be around 25% charge, so I assume thats normal.

does this sound right at all.

Ive also upgraded the firmware to 3.0 but hasnt solved the problem.

And ive tried two different coils.

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
    Oct 17, 2014
    marina, california
    Okay, ive got the temp set at 520f and the power at 60w. When I press the fire button, the temp flashes 'protection' quickly and dances around 519f. the power dances abit then settles around 5w and the amp between 02.7A and 0.4A. It will also only say weak battery when it appears to be around 25% charge, so I assume thats normal.

does this sound right at all.

Ive also upgraded the firmware to 3.0 but hasnt solved the problem.

And ive tried two different coils.
    mine does that too but only when its hot. So i lrt it cool down and i pull out my battery and reinsert. seems to work for me

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread