Problem with my Joye 302

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrickStove

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2009
Georgia
I ordered a Joye 302 from America's Best Buys. Quick shipping and great customer service!

However, Ive been having a problem with the 302. Since the moment i started using it, every single time i draw, the light comes on, then goes off pretty quickly (timed it at around 2-3 seconds). Then comes back on after a second or two of being off, but by that time Ive run out of mouth space.

Keep in mind, this is definitely not the cut-off, as I have never been able to reach the cut off with my 401 which has a 7 or 10 second cutoff.

This happens with both batteries, and the kit only came with one atty so cant test the atty.

From the moment I started using it, there has not been one drop of liquid that has leaked out of the atty into or onto the battery as im very careful not to let this happen. Ive tried blowing out the atty and nothing helps.

Any ideas???

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
I ordered a Joye 302 from America's Best Buys. Quick shipping and great customer service!

However, Ive been having a problem with the 302. Since the moment i started using it, every single time i draw, the light comes on, then goes off pretty quickly (timed it at around 2-3 seconds). Then comes back on after a second or two of being off, but by that time Ive run out of mouth space.

Keep in mind, this is definitely not the cut-off, as I have never been able to reach the cut off with my 401 which has a 7 or 10 second cutoff.

This happens with both batteries, and the kit only came with one atty so cant test the atty.

From the moment I started using it, there has not been one drop of liquid that has leaked out of the atty into or onto the battery as im very careful not to let this happen. Ive tried blowing out the atty and nothing helps.

Any ideas???

I'm sorry you're having a problem!

The joyetech 302 is a very popular e-cig and we rarely have problems with factory Joyetech parts. (I did have one customer who had shorted an atty with a tea bag mod once)

Have you tried another cart? If you're getting a full charge (and the atty is heating up) it sounds like either a bad atty, the cart load is weak or the batt is supplying the power intermittently.
  1. Try the second batt (unfortunately, like most other supplier kits, Joyetech only ships the 302 with one atty/two batts. The 510 seems to be the exception to the rule by shipping two complete e-cigs with their kits)
  2. Try another cartridge and visually inspect it to see if it looks dried out.
  3. If neither of these seem to help, give us a call and we'll figure it out with you or ship you a replacement kit. AmericasBestBuys offers a 30 day replacement on all mechanical parts (no mods please)
AmericasBestBuys.com strives to be not only one of the lowest priced suppliers online (or in any of our 380 retail affiliates) but also the most responsive. We know nothing screams "I operate out of my Mom's house" like not getting to speak personally with a representative, so feel free to call us at 251.662.1467 or PM me and I'll give you my personal cell.

Thanks for ordering from AmericasBestBuys.com !

Last edited:

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Most definitely the atomizer. Just tried both batteries with another atty, and all those problems go away. How can I get a replacement atty?

Sure, just call our main office at 251.662.1467 and give Nick or Jay the order number (or your name and date of the order) so they can track it and we'll send a replacement out right away!

BrickStove

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2009
Georgia
First, Ive only ordered from 4 or 5 suppliers, but you guys have to be the absolute best for response and customer service. The new atty arrived today. I was so excited because when i can get this thing to work, it's wonderful. So i popped it on and... no joy.

The question is, is it possible to have gotten TWO bad batteries? or TWO bad atty's??? I have the same problem with any combination of battery and atty. I started to blame myself. Could I be using it wrong? my experience up until this point has been M401. I know the draw is way harder on the 401. But Ive tried every single way of drawing I can think of with no luck. Hard and short, slow and long, the quick puff and long draw, nothing. Still getting the cut out after about 1-2 seconds. Not over tightening, keeping them wet, using with original filler (no mod). I'm at a loss.

My protege should be back from PS for repairs in a couple days so I'll try these atty's with that. It just seems insane to get 2 bad batteries right?

If anyone has any suggestions for me that would be great. Anyone else getting this problem???

Thanks again Michael for the awesome service!:thumbs:

I have to say wow. Thanks so much for taking care of this problem so quickly. A++

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
First, Ive only ordered from 4 or 5 suppliers, but you guys have to be the absolute best for response and customer service. The new atty arrived today. I was so excited because when i can get this thing to work, it's wonderful. So i popped it on and... no joy.

The question is, is it possible to have gotten TWO bad batteries? or TWO bad atty's???

Absolutely, nothing is beyond possibility. Although from what you've said it is starting to sound like a bad charger is either shorting out your batts or not charging them completely. Let's do this:

- Since you have a Protege on the way, try the attys with it. If they work fine, then we can eliminate them from the mix.

- We've shipped a new wall charger and fresh (tested) 302 batt to try. If this fixes the problem, deep six the wall charger you've been using and you should be good to go.

We started with 11 models and worked down to selling only Joyetech products. Other suppliers may have differing opinions, but with thousands of units sold, it was purely a business decision - the 510 and 302 simply have far less problems and require fewer warranty coverages than any other model we've sold.

IMHO you've made the right decision with buying a 302. I'm not superstitious, but according to my lucky astrology mood watch, you're probably just having a little interim bad luck.

We'll figure it out. ;)

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Hi There Webby..Sounds Like You Have A Great Company(America's Best Buys)..Question,,Just Got JoyeV3...& I've Heard The 801 Atomizers "May" Work In It, Whats Your Opinion?

Yep - Joyetech calls it the "Joye Stick" but the v3 is still the 302. The atomizer for the v3 or "stick" and joye302 is the same. - and the 801 atomizer is interchangable.

Thanks for the kudos! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread