• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Problem with SW 75W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imakebread

Nov 15, 2015
Hello. I am new to the vaping community and have recently gotten myself a SnowWolf 75W and paired it with the TFV8 with the pre-build dual clapton coils. I have followed the instructions on RiP Trippers' TFV8 RBA video on Youtube. However, I have two problems:

1) The coils take a while, and I really mean a while (6-8 seconds) to ramp up, and I never dared to make the coils glow in fear of blowing my face off. (lol)
The coils read 0.17ohms and I am firing it at the max settings the mod can go, likewise for the temperature. My battery and tank just gets ridiculously hot, but little to almost no vapor is being produced.

2) A full tank of juice leaked through the air holes as I started vaping on it spilling warm ejuice all over my mod.

What am I doing wrong? I have followed almost religiously, step by step instructions on the Youtube video but I still cant seem to get it right. Rewicking up to 3-4 times, wasting juice, cotton and time.

Hope I don't get discouraged by this experience as I am really looking forward to getting off the cancer sticks.

Thanks!
Bread

trippy_K82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2016
claptons have a longer ramp up time if mod/batteries not powerful enough. consider changing to kanthal or SS316 wires. alternatively, get a more powerful mod.

as for making coils glow, so far my face still intact. lol
if ur coils dont glow , how u check for hotspots?

also, leaking issue as other bros have commented, its your wicking. either too short or too thin.

don't be discouraged! we all went thru similar problems before. just take some time to figure it out.
soon u will be quite familliar with how to wick ur atty.

Reactions: transcab

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
Hello. I am new to the vaping community and have recently gotten myself a SnowWolf 75W and paired it with the TFV8 with the pre-build dual clapton coils. I have followed the instructions on RiP Trippers' TFV8 RBA video on Youtube. However, I have two problems:

1) The coils take a while, and I really mean a while (6-8 seconds) to ramp up, and I never dared to make the coils glow in fear of blowing my face off. (lol)
The coils read 0.17ohms and I am firing it at the max settings the mod can go, likewise for the temperature. My battery and tank just gets ridiculously hot, but little to almost no vapor is being produced.

2) A full tank of juice leaked through the air holes as I started vaping on it spilling warm ejuice all over my mod.

What am I doing wrong? I have followed almost religiously, step by step instructions on the Youtube video but I still cant seem to get it right. Rewicking up to 3-4 times, wasting juice, cotton and time.

Hope I don't get discouraged by this experience as I am really looking forward to getting off the cancer sticks.

Thanks!
Bread

Bro.

Use a different wire. Claptons take time to ramp up. Not sure what gauge are yours but get a 26g -32.g Mine is 5 wraps at 0.30hms. Ramp up fast.

I was experiencing the same issue when I used the prebuilt that came with my Limitless RDTA Plus. I'm also running DNA75 mod.

Leaking is one of the issues I had with my first tank. The Tornado Nano. Was a challenge for me at least to get it not to leak. Succeeded after many tries to get the wicking right. But got sick of it and got the Limitless RDTA Plus. Which does not leak at all since the tank is below. It requires proper wicking still but not a pain in the ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread