Problems with Ego Twist

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by Thomas Simms, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Thomas Simms

Thomas Simms Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just got my ego twist finally, i have held off getting one for a long time and finally decided it would look good with my new China DID. So i got it a few days ago and hooked it straight up to my vivi nova. The first time i fired it, it hit like a champ. The only problem it would not stop hitting. When i fire it, it flashes a couple times and then keeps on firing till it hits the 10sec cutoff. Everytime it does this and even if i unscrew the nova it doesn't stop. It is not genuine joyetech but by Hellosmoke. The only thing that it will work on normally is my 3.2ohm Bauway Cartomizers. Im thinking that this might have something to do with ohms because all my equipment is around 2ohm other than the bauways. It is just rather irritating because I love the way it looks with a vivi nova on top with a 5ml cone. I have some kanthal coming in so i will try making a higher ohm coil but i dont think it should make a difference. I have contacted the vendor but still no reply. Im not sure if this qualifies as DOA or defective since it works on some equipment but has very strange reactions to others. Just hoping to hear back from the vendor soon...

2. DaNdaNVaPoR

DaNdaNVaPoR Full Member

I hate to say it brotha but that is what happens whEn u buy a non Genuine Joyetech Ego, u even knew it wasn't a Joyetech. That is what the problem is.

3. Thomas Simms

Yeah.. Lesson learned, used a couple batterys out of original kits i bought when i started, so i have never bought batterys recently.

4. RosaJ

RosaJ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If it had been a genuine eGo, you would have gotten a replacement as they come with a 6 months warranty. I will suggest you contact the vendor and see what they say. Reputable vendors will replace any dead on arrival batteries, although it's not a sure thing.

Good luck!

5. billo

billo Super Member ECF Veteran

My Twist works fine on 1.8 ohm atomizers. But it's genuine eGo.

6. Thomas Simms

Where is a good place to get genuine ego twists?

7. A17kawboy

A17kawboy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Not sure stateside. Up here I get mine from Canvape. They're great to deal with.
    I've purchased five in all. Only problem I have had was with one that I dropped. Operator error. The switch moved in the tube. Even then it still worked, the button was just recessed so I had to use my thumbnail to press it. Since sold to my sister-in-law (longer fingernails). :)

8. 6spdsurfer

6spdsurfer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

9. 6spdsurfer

6spdsurfer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just to add to this, it's not necessarily dead, it just has a bad switch in it.

10. Crazyinariz

Crazyinariz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

: altsmoke, canvape
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.