ProChat - All Things ProVape and Beyond (except Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/@42...ospital,+2799+W+Grand+Blvd,+Detroit,+MI+48202

It says it's 2 miles, but I don't know why it wouldn't have had you take W. Grand Blvd. to Dexter, unless they're one way streets.
ETA: I just tried the link and it doesn't look like it held the addresses. Not sure if it will work for you. :(
Oh, ok. I guess we won't try it. Thought it would be kinda cool... A personal report, if you will. Back when I saw KISS at Cobo in 2009 (I think) I partied with some guy from New York and we ended up in the ghetto with no problems but I'll have Jackie with me and, armed or not, sometimes it just not worth inviting trouble.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh, ok. I guess we won't try it. Thought it would be kinda cool... A personal report, if you will. Back when I saw KISS at Cobo in 2009 (I think) I partied with some guy from New York and we ended up in the ghetto with no problems but I'll have Jackie with me and, armed or not, sometimes it just not worth inviting trouble.
I truly appreciate the thought though!!
But I have no idea what to expect for the area there. Could be perfectly fine, or, it could be an area that should be avoided.
I know I'd feel horrible if you had issues.

Google maps is really cool if you mess with it and figure out how to move around through the streets, at ground level, it's just about like being there.
Like I said, I went all around the area. A few blocks down there is a huge building that could've been maybe a school, or a library...hard to say.
It's in a sad state of deterioration though. All the windows gone, etc. But oh, back in it's day, I bet it was really nice.
So many cool old homes in that area. From mid-sized to fairly grand...and in various conditions, some looked trashed out, and some very much still loved.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I truly appreciate the thought though!!
But I have no idea what to expect for the area there. Could be perfectly fine, or, it could be an area that should be avoided.
I know I'd feel horrible if you had issues.

Google maps is really cool if you mess with it and figure out how to move around through the streets, at ground level, it's just about like being there.
Like I said, I went all around the area. A few blocks down there is a huge building that could've been maybe a school, or a library...hard to say.
It's in a sad state of deterioration though. All the windows gone, etc. But oh, back in it's day, I bet it was really nice.
So many cool old homes in that area. From mid-sized to fairly grand...and in various conditions, some looked trashed out, and some very much still loved.
I tripped around the city maps a lil today...

I used to work and live in those areas as a young man.

Seems like lifetimes ago!

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I tripped around the city maps a lil today...

I used to work and live in those areas as a young man.

Seems like lifetimes ago!
Yeah, it's been a lifetime.
I sure hope things come back (all the way) there someday.
So sad to see how things have turned out, although there are some things picking up/growing, and that's always a good sign, so I remain hopeful!!
Would love to see it thriving the way it used to.

Driving through my own state of IL, especially Southern IL, it's somewhat similar, just a much smaller scale.

I think "exploring" via google maps is pretty fun. (Google Earth is pretty amazing as well.)
When my nephew moved to Chokoloskee Island, FL, I took a "walking tour" around the whole island. :laugh:
Like anywhere, you can't get everywhere, but it's kinda cool...and creepy at the same time.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Lori,
If you're at all interested in foreign travel, please take a look at Kyle of Lochalsh (where I was born) and Mallaig (where I grew up); both in the Scottish West Highlands - small villages but paradise for kids ... :)
Thanks, I sure will look those up!

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Where is everybody at? I've been at work since 6, and bored out off my mind.

And nobody's here.

Wake up people, you'd think it was Sunday or something.:lol::lol:
Just goes to show the power of RB's Doctor prescribed meds!

Now, Get To Work!!!

Hi Nees!

LOLz

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
As long as no-one comes into your cubical...

LOLz
I'm the only one in the office on the weekends. So it's safe. The warehouse and call center are in another part of the building. And people here know not to bug the grumpy old man.;)

Tomorrow, is our busiest day of the year. So I'm doing a little maintenance.

Do you think, If I spray the servers down with WD40, they'll go faster?o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread