ProChat - All Things ProVape and Beyond (except Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Thought those of you not on FB might enjoy some thoughts from Tim Klerekoper, the former Director of Marketing for Provape:

(with his permission)

"I spent two years as the Director of Marketing for ProVape ... and I want to put this on the record. The company's commitment to quality and safety was unmatched. They literally never compromised on quality ... even when it meant it made it harder to compete in the industry. The dedication of literally every employee to vaping, and ProVape, and its products was inspiring. And there wasn't one day in the years I was affiliated with the company that they didn't have a desire to provide a product that could effectively get people off of cigarettes. They never wavered from that focus. I have well over 130 mods in my collection and only one company's products has the distinction of never needing repair ... and those were my ProVaris. I am deeply saddened by the news ... but they helped over a half million people get a real chance to quit ... and I truly believe they were ... and are ... the best this industry has ever had to offer. Dr. Tim Klerekoper

And while I'm on a roll ... I also want to thank ProVape (especially its founders) for partnering with my company to design and build the ProVari Steath. The bulk of the profits from that model went to support police/fire/military chaplaincy. ProVape didn't need to do that ... but they did ... and there were many of you whose purchase of a Stealth provided funding to help soldiers and law enforcement officers, many of them working through issues like PTSD.

It wasn't that they didn't want to help the sub ohm crowd ... it was that it took at least ten months for ProVape to produce a new model ... because of the testing (quality and safety) that every model they produced went through. (For instance, they didn't "tune" circuit boards to a certain wattage ... the board was designed and created for a particular wattage. I use mine with virtually no concern for my safety at all!) It has been estimated that China can produce a model from start to finish in less than a month. ProVape never compromised ... and yes, they paid a price for it ... but I admire their dedication to making a quality product. The letter truly was an ad agency employee coming up with a lousy idea and pushing "send" instead of "forward." Unfortunate, but not ProVape's fault.

I left ProVape early in 2016 because my role as a Bishop of the Diocese of Seattle for the Church of England was expanding ... but I still have a deep appreciation of and a love for the company. I have never been a part of a company or worked with employees that were more dedicated to their product and their industry.

But I do know that whereas people often complained about the price of a ProVari, I can tell you of an absolute certainty that the company made less profit than any other company in the industry. Why? They refused to compromise on quality and safety. It is impossible for me to criticize them for that. I was honored to work for the company ... and I'm vaping on a ProVari this evening as I write this.
1f642.png

After I left people asked me to give them the "real scoop." All I've ever been able to say is that I loved the company, it's owners and employees, it's products, and it's desire to get people off of tobacco. There's no dirt. Do I wish they could have been faster to get out products and respond to the market? Sure. We all wished that ... but they simply would not put their customers at risk even if it cost them market share. Some people call that stupid. I call that monumental.

I truly wish every US company had that kind of dedication to their customers. The company wasn't perfect ... but not for lack of effort!"
Thanks

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Just watch Busardo's Radius vid specifically that charging light. There is no such thing as B ON. It's either OFF (the button wont light up while charging) or B OFF (the button will light up while charging). No idea what their thinking is. Off is off to me but what do I know. :facepalm:

If you haven't figured it out yet the settings are "off" no light or "B off" meaning blue while charging, off when charged.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
If you haven't figured it out yet the settings are "off" no light or "B off" meaning blue while charging, off when charged.
Thanks. Yes, I figured it out. Haven't figured out what "B Off" means but I figured out what it does.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

I'd not seen those vids, Moonwalker, so thank you VERY much for posting them.

I did have the absolute honor of spending some time with Dr. Gilbert at the rally that was mentioned.

1963 ecigs 2015-01-16 13.39.21.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
How about --- BOFF -- blue light when charging, Off when done.

OFF -- no light when charging.

Remembering that it's under the electric icon which does display on the meter when charging might help it make more sense.

Works for me. ;)
That's as good a guess as I could ever come up with.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I'd not seen those vids, Moonwalker, so thank you VERY much for posting them.

I did have the absolute honor of spending some time with Dr. Gilbert at the rally that was mentioned.

View attachment 635333
Love that pic KD, those reds are awesome! :lol: :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread