Product check - Veg Glycerine

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
I'm looking to turn some of my 50:50 store bought ejuices into 60:40 or 70:30
VG:pG (I'm aware this will drop flavor/nic content). Is the attached picture the "type" of vegetable glycerin I'm looking for (not sure if there are multiple types).

Thanks in advance for the responses
12b308e6668f0502053160aeb7af4d48.jpg

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I went to Walmart and got me a bottle of glycerne and then to Tractor Supply Store for a gallon of

Propylene Glycol give 22.00 for the prop and give under 5.00 for the vg I think if my memory serves

me rite.......Also bought some sharp needle syringes from the tractor store----had to sign a paper for the

syringes------just so they would know who had the needles.

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I use ES USP VG, and its good, and fine to vape.

has anyone noticed a difference in "taste" between Essential Depot USP VG and the Walmart brand glycerin USP 99.5% (Anhydrous) by Humco?

It is just more convenient for me to buy that, as I don't like to keep things sitting around and like to buy fresh as I deplete. I am at 0% nicotine now (yay!) so I was wondering about TASTE.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
... Just curious - could you kindly explain in what way tastewise they differe, please :) I myself can taste differences in the same tank of unflavored vg. The sweetness level changes and at times the sweetness changes to a kinda corn starchy sweetness taste. Also at times it for some puffs come to be really "fatty" and reminicent of fat cooking oil, but that is rare and goes away as quickly as it comes... All these charasterics span over all the vg brands i've tried, allthough it's only been, I believe, 4 different vendors i've currently tried. It's probably in my case, because I use water in the vg, and so based on the amount of water currently available, then the charasterics can obviously change. However, come to think about it, then it was the same back when I used pre-mixed bases 50/50 pg/vg without water, though, but again, that could be because the pg evaporates faster than the vg, and so the same thing applies as for the "water thing"...

Please don't take this as a mistrust to your palette, and I do know from reading different posts of yours that you are a "good taster" or how to put it :) As I explained, i'm just generally curious about the differences between different brands and sources of vg, as i'm a vg unflavored vapor myself, and so different nics and possible different vg's, is what I use to tweak the flavor profile, the same as the flavor-using vapors do with there flavors...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread