Status
Not open for further replies.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Still loving the v8...

The wife and I have used them non-stop as our main method of our madness...

Some have asked about the case we use...

$5.00 Old school cell phone cases..

From our local Swap meet...

We always power them down before placing them in the cases, the one on the right is much more tight than the one on the one on the left.

Personally, I prefer the one on the left as the fit is better and the v8 goes in and out faster.

Thanks again!

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image35697.jpg
image35697.jpg

They looks great man!

me1969

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
wherever I roam
I think i should of got the vmax ,The 18650 gripper just seems cheaply made to me its about the same size as the ovale 8 but the rubberized ovale is way more sturdy imo.i can squeeze the gripper in my had and it seems i could just crush it the ovale doesn't budge. of course this is just my opinion .with that said if i didn't have the ovale 8 i prob would like the gripper better it's not a bad mod i just expected better i guess.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I think i should of got the vmax ,The 18650 gripper just seems cheaply made to me its about the same size as the ovale 8 but the rubberized ovale is way more sturdy imo.i can squeeze the gripper in my had and it seems i could just crush it the ovale doesn't budge. of course this is just my opinion .with that said if i didn't have the ovale 8 i prob would like the gripper better it's not a bad mod i just expected better i guess.

I like the Ovale better myself.. BUT.. the electronics on the gripper are vastly superior IMHO.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I like the Gripper much better than my V8. When I first opened the box I too was a little disappointed because it was very light but after I stuck a Vivi Nova on it and put a 18650 Panny in it it felt a little better. The 510 connector is much better and the blue led display is better than any of my VVPV's. I really like the button setup too. No menu to scroll just one click and voltage of battery and resistance of carto is displayed plus simple up and down buttons for voltage adjustment. The fire button is easy to hit using either hand. All my 18650 batteries work with it and the battery compartment is much better than the V8.
The only weakness I can see is what might happen if I drop it onto concrete and I hope that doesn't happen for a while.
I'm real happy with mine.:)

scythe944

Verified Member
Received the Gunmetal version of the Vision VV transformer today and it's friggin' amazing! Well, the first hour was. After that, the device keeps saying "Lo-v" even though I have a fully charged AW IMR 18650 battery installed in it (multimeter says it's charged anyway). The batts work fine in my PureSmoker Legacy with and without kick, so I think it should work. If I keep hitting the button I can get it to work, but it still acts funky. It was fine when I first started using it.

Anyway, the device is beautiful. Very heavy and looks to be able to take a beating. I've never been too keen on electronic switches, especially since my PS devices were always subjected to some pretty extreme conditions and still fire like brand new after years of abuse. I've had a few electronic switched PV's that just didn't last. The LCD is nice and bright and easy to view.

At the current moment, this thing says my battery is at 4.1V but after a few short moments it will go down to .7v or something like that and stop working. Keep hitting the button, and she goes just fine. It might be a loose battery, but it doesn't feel like it. The contacts on the PV and the battery are quite clean and I just don't get it. Anyway, again, this thing looks awesome. I hope it continues to work! The price can't be beat.

Edit - the discountvapers site doesn't seem to be working right now, nor about 15 mins ago. Hope the site's ok!

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
Received the Gunmetal version of the Vision VV transformer today and it's friggin' amazing! Well, the first hour was. After that, the device keeps saying "Lo-v" even though I have a fully charged AW IMR 18650 battery installed in it (multimeter says it's charged anyway). The batts work fine in my PureSmoker Legacy with and without kick, so I think it should work. If I keep hitting the button I can get it to work, but it still acts funky. It was fine when I first started using it.

Anyway, the device is beautiful. Very heavy and looks to be able to take a beating. I've never been too keen on electronic switches, especially since my PS devices were always subjected to some pretty extreme conditions and still fire like brand new after years of abuse. I've had a few electronic switched PV's that just didn't last. The LCD is nice and bright and easy to view.

At the current moment, this thing says my battery is at 4.1V but after a few short moments it will go down to .7v or something like that and stop working. Keep hitting the button, and she goes just fine. It might be a loose battery, but it doesn't feel like it. The contacts on the PV and the battery are quite clean and I just don't get it. Anyway, again, this thing looks awesome. I hope it continues to work! The price can't be beat.

Edit - the discountvapers site doesn't seem to be working right now, nor about 15 mins ago. Hope the site's ok!

Sorry you are having trouble! I am confident that Eric will work with you though! The site is working fine for me.

scythe944

Verified Member
I had a Bolt go screwy like that...worked fine, but soon as the battery hit 3.7 it'd barely push a puff of vapor out. Weak as anything. Had to send it back for a replacement. :-(

I'm hoping that I don't have to! I'm starting to think my battery is slightly indented on the bottom from my manual switched PV's so it just has a loose connection. Going to try to put a washer or something on the bottom to see if it makes up the space and see what happens.

It's working right now (been fooling with it all day during work) and it's REALLY hit or miss so far. When it works, it shows the batter as 4.1v, so it's still fully charged (almost). It basically worked from 7:10 am until about 8:20 before it started having issues during my long ... ride to work. Been sketchy the whole rest of the day. Good thing I brought both my PV's to work!

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com

Crap.. sorry about not responding, please email me whenever you have an issue :)]

email me about this, first time I have heard of it and yes, we will get this worked out.

eric at gormly dot com

2muchcoffee

Verified Member
Nov 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Here is a short review on Choice Rebuildable atomizer.

The atomizer consist of 4 parts (bottom to top): 510 base connector with atomizer, small air control ring with 3 air holes (internal), middle body with 3 air holes, and a dripper. The atomizer is stainless steel except for the dripper (I think). A coil (with a tiny wick) comes built into the atomizer.

You can control the air flow by aligning 3 air holes on the body with the air control (open 3 for airy draw, close 2 1/2 for tight draw). For an atomizer at this price, this is a good feature. All the parts are held by 2 thin o-rings on the base and another set on the air ring. Here is the problem #1; the middle body is heavy and thin o-rings do not hold the body firmly. Once in a while, the body lifts up and some juice leaks.

The atomizer base has a cup which holds some juice. Inconvenience#1; the included coil has a tiny wicks that cannot draw up juice from the cup. I immediately replaced the coil with longer wick so that it can pickup juice from the cup. Then I noticed that the holes in the posts are not parallel (YMMV). This made a inserting a coil difficult because the coil became deformed (some hot spots). I took a niddle nose piler and turned one of the post so that holes were parallel (they were press fitted).

As a dripping RB atomizer, it worked as advertised. The coil, with 2 holes open and positioned infront of the coil, proudced good vaper and dimished throat hit. Overall, it works. I would probably replace the o-rings for better fit.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I did a video review of the Terminator-C I got from DV.

Great piece... A few quick points:

1) WASH THIS THING! The threads are all very dirty from the OEM... Take it apart and wash it thoroughly before use
2) Read the manual! Oh wait, what? No, there is no manual for this... So if you're going to get one I HIGHLY recommend watching either my video or any of the plethora of others out there that describe the build of the Terminator (The Odysseus vids are also a great point of reference).
3) This thing WILL LEAK... It everything is built right, it should be leak free, however, there is potential for it to leak all over the place. If the wick doesn't fill the channels of the ceramic cup properly, leaks... If you open up the flow control too much, leaks... If you fill it up and then install the top cap with the oring and retainer in place, it will build up pressure inside the tank and it will leak! Just be careful with it... Lots of info out there! If it's set up right, it won't leak at all...

Now, with all that said... Enjoy the video :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread