Product Reviews - By customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JZXJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
St. Louis
Wow, awesome pics of your v8's, thanks guys! Any comments on performance?

As i write this it is 7:10 pm I had my first vape of the day at 7:05am this morning, with a good deal of drive time today which means for me Chain vaping, it is rocking out with it's Vapor Out 2.5ml of liquid and 12 hours later and still going strong on the kit batteries. I'll go to bed around 1-2am before I put the bats in the charger. For example, the V8 at 3.3v, the standard ego voltage, hands down outproduces the ego in flavor and vapor with the same clearo or carto...what ever you put on it. The V8's voltage is actually pulsing higher than 3.3v and there is more current behind it than the ego is capable of producing.

It seems to work best with my 1.5 and 1.6 ohm dual coil cartos at 3-3.3v. Different liquids will Vape better at different volt settings in the same type of device depending on the mixture.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
you know you can contact me to get this fixed right :) :)
if you have one with no wicks, that's clearly a defect that needs to be replaced.

It has wicks. The discussion was whether they were supposed to stick out of the little holes on the ce-6 and I didn't think they did because mine didn't so that is how I presumed they were made. Maybe you could clear that up for us. Not that it matters now for mine because it developed a crack after one refill. I was liking it though after I got it to wick by dropping some drops down the center tube to wet the wick.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
It has wicks. The discussion was whether they were supposed to stick out of the little holes on the ce-6 and I didn't think they did because mine didn't so that is how I presumed they were made. Maybe you could clear that up for us. Not that it matters now for mine because it developed a crack after one refill. I was liking it though after I got it to wick by dropping some drops down the center tube to wet the wick.

Here's the thing, someone asked if I was being deceitful tonight because my description says "bottom plate no coil"
so I took one apart and it is not technically a bottom plate, looks like a coil ON a plate, so the description is wrong I will change that.. manufacturers.. grrrr...

I write what they tell me it is so I should have taken one apart and not assumed they were being truthful but I had no reason to believe they were.

Anyway, that's the reason it worked for you dripping down the center, the coil is on the inside, the tiny wicks bring in the liquid (or are supposed to)

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I got my e1 revive today and filled it up and tried to fire it. Nothing at all happened. I bought 2 extra heads so I put a new head on but still nothing. I like how easy the filling and changing out the heads was but doesn't work. My battery works because I put on a cartomizer to test it.

I think I replied via email? If I didn't send me one please.

Caveman Mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2011
Jackson MI
Thanks for getting back to me Eric and making everything right. Just to let everyone know. The third head worked and wow the flavor is the best I have gotten out of any system so far. I will deffently be ordering more heads. When discount vapors gets the new vivi nova v2 then I will order one of those too.

JZXJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
St. Louis

My new one just got here, there they are, once they get wet they are totally clear and you cannot see them, otherwise I would have posted a pic sooner.
CE6wick.jpg

The CE3 XL are here too, I got the Haze liquid to try them with..YUM not everyone likes to vape candy/sweet juice but if you do and haven't tried it, you should.

Last edited:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Here's the thing, someone asked if I was being deceitful tonight because my description says "bottom plate no coil"
so I took one apart and it is not technically a bottom plate, looks like a coil ON a plate, so the description is wrong I will change that.. manufacturers.. grrrr...

I write what they tell me it is so I should have taken one apart and not assumed they were being truthful but I had no reason to believe they were.

Anyway, that's the reason it worked for you dripping down the center, the coil is on the inside, the tiny wicks bring in the liquid (or are supposed to)

Eric, I hope you watched the review. I did say that you are an honest guy, and that it was most likely the case of ordering one thing, and being shipped another. When you hear back from the MFG, let me know so I can update the review.

Honestly, if Eric were being deceitful, he wouldn't have sent me any. He knows very well, I dissect everything! :)

Last edited:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
There is a video review on it and the reviewer said he used a clean pair of nail clippers to trim the wicks close to the tube and it helped with the wicking. I think that was LordDavons review. I haven't tried this yet, the 100% VG I have in mine has had no problems wicking.

That was the CE3 XL review. The CE6, I drip juice on the wick, and run it at a low voltage.

Thank you for watching.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Damn my third head for the e1 revive didn't even last 24 hours. Wonderful while it lasted though.

Mine has issues every once and a while, where the head stops firing. I unscrew the top, and move the center post around a little, then screw the top back on. It starts firing again. I wish they were screw in, but it's okay. The E1 is my favorite cartomizer to date! I will be ordering lots, and lots, and lots more. :)

Caveman Mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2011
Jackson MI
Mine has issues every once and a while, where the head stops firing. I unscrew the top, and move the center post around a little, then screw the top back on. It starts firing again. I wish they were screw in, but it's okay. The E1 is my favorite cartomizer to date! I will be ordering lots, and lots, and lots more. :)
Love ur videos by the way. Just subscribed a couple of days ago. I moved the post around and still didn't work. Gave it one more shot at moving the post around and whala it's working again. I tried it on my other 2 also but no dice, still nothing. I got some bwb ry4 in my revive rite now and this thing rocks!!!!!!!

Madness

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Valencia California
V8 The Madness point of view....

(2) V8's came in yesterday, (1) full Kit & (I) Body only, Charged up the Batteries, and went at it...

The V8 is my 4th VV device, so I set the Volts to what I normally like, then shortly went down from there.
I normally run 4.3V with a 3 ohm Carto Tank on my Provari V1. The V8 is now set at 3.6v and works like a champ.

I have not put my VOM on it, but I did try my "Screw In" tester only to get the Pulse flashing, so I went with the Taste/Heat/Hit setting and ended up with 3.6V.

I have used the V8 exclusively form the time I installed the batteries last night.
I consider myself as a rather heavy vapor kind of guy.

Each V8 was fitted with a Boge 3.0 in a Carto Tank.
As of now I'm on 17Hrs + on the first set of batteries, AW IMR in my unit, Kit batteries in my wife’s.
I will let this test go until they stop working.

Pros..

Hits very well...
Easy to use...
Great battery life so far...
Looks kinda cool...
Levi's 501 front pocket test... OK...
Fits well in my big hands and the Lil woman has no trouble...
My wife and I have had no trouble using L or R hand to use it (I don’t often use the Grips)..
Fits well in a Old School Cell Phone case...
Unit is way more solid than a box mod...

Cons...

I can't lock a voltage (or I don’t know how)...
It will stand on bottom (like a rocking horse) but the slightest bump and it will fall...
Have not done a Drop Test (and would not recommend it).
Unknown longevity...Time will tell..

Conclusion...

All is well in the House of Madness...
Can’t beat the deal, great unit for the price!
I should have gotten 2 complete kits, the kit came with some nice stuff for just a bit more $.

Recommend?

Yes!
With what I have seen so far I like it a lot!

Huge thanks to DiscountVapers for the fast shipping and customer service!

Top notch Sir, Top notch..

Madness.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Love ur videos by the way. Just subscribed a couple of days ago. I moved the post around and still didn't work. Gave it one more shot at moving the post around and whala it's working again. I tried it on my other 2 also but no dice, still nothing. I got some bwb ry4 in my revive rite now and this thing rocks!!!!!!!

Thank you. I enjoy doing the videos. They took off really fast. Made my head spin a little. :)

Some times I need to fidget more than others, but I love that little trick. One of them I cleaned, let dry out, and then was able to put it back in, and get it to work. I probably had too much juice in the connections. The E1 has been very good to me, and I still really love it. The 3 I have are all still going strong, and I haven't had a head completely die on me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread