Status
Not open for further replies.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Why?

Two reasons - I like 18350 devices for "out and about", plus this Le Petit Gros was up for sale (unused "taken out of the packaging for photos") in the Classifieds on another forum and I got a modest saving...

Actually (a Cardinal Biggles moment) there was a third reason - I've got more atomisers than mods...

What did I get?

Le Petit Gros comes in a stylish glass tube with a cork in it - certainly different!

ims21i.jpg

(As shipped the contents of the tube are wrapped in a "natural yellow" tissue paper - mine weren't but I'm not about to complain over tissue paper :) )

Inside - Le Petit Gros and its hybrid adapter:

2nu4rwy.jpg

The button is brass (and uses magnets not springs) and the body has vent holes in the middle of its length:

4sxwup.jpg

The threading on Le Petit Gros is very high quality (not "quite" Super T but very good indeed):

wwkhfk.jpg

Here is a view of the back of the button showing the branding and serialisation, the brass contacts, and the circlip which holds the button in and gives access to the magnets if removed:

bi8jfq.jpg

Here is a view of the button end of the body:

zl2qfo.jpg

And one of the atomiser end (you can see the small slots in the inside edge of the tube to provide airflow for atomisers whose air intakes would end up "inside" Le Petit Gros - this is the main change that makes this one a V2)

op9tet.jpg

The hybrid adapter has a "lip" on its tube side and is smooth on its atomiser side:

348gb9w.jpg
11m56cz.jpg

Here is the hybrid adapter screwed onto my Hobo V2.1:

35lg1tt.jpg

Le Petit Gros in use

Now, Le Petit Gros is designed for use with 22mm atomisers which become recessed inside the mod body when the hybrid adapter and attached atomiser are screwed onto the body.

Here is Le Petit Gros and my Hobo with the adapter attached:

jto1hv.jpg

Now, here it is attached - note how much the Hobo is now recessed - I think it looks excellent:

2jcat0w.jpg

The body of the mod is very accurately machined to give minimal clearnce between the inside of the tube and the atomiser (you can see why the slots were added for v2):

k3ori8.jpg

The Hobo seems an ideal match to Le Petit Gros - in fact, I've since found some scumbag company offering clones of both as a pairing!

To give you an idea of scale, here is the Le Petit Gros/Hobo next to my RSM 18350 Dripper Hybrid:

1zx83f9.jpg

It works nicely with a excellent button action.

Here are a couple of different atomisers on Le Petit Gros:

My Marquis:

10hw235.jpg

and my Tugboat v2:

2i7ps1.jpg

In conclusion, provided you have 22mm 510 fitting atomisers and want something really weeny, this is an excellent bit of kit.

Oxymandias

Mar 5, 2015
Houston, TX, USA
Hey Im seeing this 6 years after you posted it, but still would like to ask what kinds of builds you have for this? Im gathering that you can't build below 1 ohm for these teeny weeny batteries (the Efest 18350 I have I believe has a 6 amp limit). Also, if you're building at 1 ohm, a dripper might not be the way to go huh? Maybe a Kayfun or something?
Any further info or ideas you have would be much appreciated!
Thanks, NTE

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Hey Im seeing this 6 years after you posted it, but still would like to ask what kinds of builds you have for this? Im gathering that you can't build below 1 ohm for these teeny weeny batteries (the Efest 18350 I have I believe has a 6 amp limit). Also, if you're building at 1 ohm, a dripper might not be the way to go huh? Maybe a Kayfun or something?
Any further info or ideas you have would be much appreciated!
Thanks, NTE
Six years? I posted it in January!

I've several different 18350 batteries from eFest and Sibeili that are rated to 10+ amps -0.5ohm coils are fine with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread