Project Platinum Revival Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

system60

Sep 30, 2013
LI/NY
That's the idea buddy. Keep the current low, save some battery life and top out with high performance. That is the evolution of K in the Platinums

I have the LRs (SR was sold out) and they're vaping too hot for me. I almost thought something was up with my Sig20w and it was putting out more power than set for. I also tried it on my innokin vv3 set at 6watts and unless I pulse the button the drip tip gets burning hot.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I have the LRs (SR was sold out) and they're vaping too hot for me. I almost thought something was up with my Sig20w and it was putting out more power than set for. I also tried it on my innokin vv3 set at 6watts and unless I pulse the button the drip tip gets burning hot.

These burn hot. You have to lower your setting on these. They vape like the setting is higher but as has been posted you have to lower your setting on these.

Diablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
SW,Virginia
I am not having any flooding or wicking issues at all but the draw is way to tight. I am using these with a Provari and Ibtanked. If I unscrew the to the tank and take a drag its fine but once its screwed down its very tight. I tried pulling the tank up as far as I can and still have a drip tip stay on but it doesnt make much difference. It seems the pin on the provari is blocking the bottom hole on the carto. If I take the tank off and cover the bottom hole with my finger it clogs up with a very tight drag. If I take a 510 mega fusion I have and block the bottom with my finger I still get a full easy drag.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Diablo, have you had several of the cartos act this way, or just one? Sometimes during manufacture the air holes don't get completely punched. On a 510 you can look just above the threads and you should see a tiny hole on each side of the carto ( maybe just one, I don't have my cheater glasses handy) which is the air hole. Try poking a sturdy sewing needle into that hole to make sure it's clean and clear. I keep a small awl handy for making air holes bigger when the draw is too tight.

330943799266_3.jpg

Here ya go, I circled the air hole in red for you :)

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I am not having any flooding or wicking issues at all but the draw is way to tight. I am using these with a Provari and Ibtanked. If I unscrew the to the tank and take a drag its fine but once its screwed down its very tight. I tried pulling the tank up as far as I can and still have a drip tip stay on but it doesnt make much difference. It seems the pin on the provari is blocking the bottom hole on the carto. If I take the tank off and cover the bottom hole with my finger it clogs up with a very tight drag. If I take a 510 mega fusion I have and block the bottom with my finger I still get a full easy drag.

You may have clogged it up from drawing too hard. Try a fresh one but leave the tank up a bit so it can breathe. Read this post Isaac did.

Hey guys I'm here,
Sorry for the MIA. It was a busy weekend and I'm under the weather a bit.

Ok I noticed the few customers who are/were facing issues have one thing in common. It seems IBtanks are providing too high of a air flow restriction. As Anarchy & Lit stated, they see the bubbles rising per hit. Which is ok as the intentional purpose of auto wicking is taking place. However it's the amount and size of the bubbles they are seeing. It's an easy staple to cover while we go back into production and lessen the diameter of the ports.

Just raise the tank merely a millimeter to open the air from the carto to the device. With the slight adjustment you will feel the difference significantly and instantaneously. I have been using all the tanks in my arsenal to replicate what the few of you are dealing with. I even vaped...100%VG over the weekend for you guys :laugh: Not a good idea when you have a head cold. I'm pretty certain that raising the tank to back off the connection to allow more air to pass through should solve the issue. It's just a matter of compensating for having no flange as without, well, there is no guiding system in place.

Diablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
SW,Virginia
Diablo, have you had several of the cartos act this way, or just one? Sometimes during manufacture the air holes don't get completely punched. On a 510 you can look just above the threads and you should see a tiny hole on each side of the carto ( maybe just one, I don't have my cheater glasses handy) which is the air hole. Try poking a sturdy sewing needle into that hole to make sure it's clean and clear. I keep a small awl handy for making air holes bigger when the draw is too tight.

I am on my third one and they all behave the same.

I drilled out the hole you show on the carto with a wood spade drill bit(all I had :p) by hand and pretso it works now.

Thanks for the tip :)

xpl0it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Miami, FL
Why is it that Platinum K Cartomizers have such a stiff draw? It reminds me of a demonstration in grade school where they handed out coffee stirs and told us to breathe in to demonstrate what it felt like to be a cigarette smoker.

Absolutely one of the biggest let downs of any product from IKV over the last couple of years. Especially basing them on the original Platinum's that I am lucky to have a few left laying around.

I can't be the only one or, am I?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Why is it that Platinum K Cartomizers have such a stiff draw? It reminds me of a demonstration in grade school where they handed out coffee stirs and told us to breathe in to demonstrate what it felt like to be a cigarette smoker.

Absolutely one of the biggest let downs of any product from IKV over the last couple of years. Especially basing them on the original Platinum's that I am lucky to have a few left laying around.

I can't be the only one or, am I?

XP Take a look at this post Bovinia made to get a fix for that. It worked for Diablo and some others that had that problem.

330943799266_3.jpg

Last edited:

xpl0it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Miami, FL
Tried that on 10 of them and the holes are completely clear.

I decided to take a look down the center of the cartomizer and I noticed that the coil in the new ones appears to be a horizontal coil vs a vertical coil? If that's the case, it's the restriction of airflow due to the coil being directly in the path of the airflow. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread