Project Platinum Revival Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Isaac, I'm GLAD you posted and I hope you do more of the same! It's great to give you feedback, and it's also great to get feedback on the feedback of our feedback for your feedback. Yeah? :confused:

See what *I* did there? :laugh:
Klever Kat! Just because I don't post, doesn't mean I'm not reading and taking notes, but for the feedback for the feedback in regards to the desired feedback is overwhelmingly beautiful!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
How come my video past didn't work that time??? I get SO confused.

Ah because you pasted a link url that directs to the image rather than the actual image. I find Photopucket to be the easiest alternative, basically upload the image there and grab the direct IMG link and your golden

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ah because you pasted a link url that directs to the image rather than the actual image. I find Photopucket to be the easiest alternative, basically upload the image there and grab the direct IMG link and your golden

I'll have some work to do on my prowess* in these areas.

* or lack thereof.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
How come my video past didn't work that time??? I get SO confused.

That's because you're a D.O.O..... oh never mind.

Welp, Sir Iken, my first carto "ikant". I dunno WHAT is up with it, but it's hot and burny at a measley 8 watts. Topping off takes at best 5 drops before dripping its bits out of the threads. I'll go lower and see it that may help.

Hmmm.... helped a tiny bit, but still tasting a bit BBQ'd. Thoughts?

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Here ya go DP

tumblr_m4rc58c3UB1qg7gy4.gif

And this is the only Gromit I know...

My burnt taste came back too Kat. Maybe time to play with carto #2 for me.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Here ya go DP

tumblr_m4rc58c3UB1qg7gy4.gif

And this is the only Gromit I know...

My burnt taste came back too Kat. Maybe time to play with carto #2 for me.

Slinking away, stupidly ;-)

My son used to make me sit through that show when he was young. I'm so glad he's grown up now.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
That's because you're a D.O.O..... oh never mind.

Welp, Sir Iken, my first carto "ikant". I dunno WHAT is up with it, but it's hot and burny at a measley 8 watts. Topping off takes at best 5 drops before dripping its bits out of the threads. I'll go lower and see it that may help.

Hmmm.... helped a tiny bit, but still tasting a bit BBQ'd. Thoughts?
7 is the sweet spot for the one I'm using. Maybe dial it back a little?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Hey gang I'm back :)

Great to see Isaac still has is innovative hat on :)

Considering a "carto" was meant as a one time use, anything more than that is pure bonus. I believe the industry has settled on 7-10ml for an accurate longevity of "anything" before it is toast or no longer wettable. This is not a knock on Isaac's products, just a thought on longevity of products due to my own personal experience vaping a plethora of "toppers" (new word since 2014) during my vaping sojourn.

Looking back on that journey, from the poly-fill to the HighPing mod, the PTB and fluval... let's look back for a sec and put our thinking caps on. One can honestly say that 7-10ml is about all we can honestly put through them before they start to degrade, and the filler requires to be replaced.

In the past I stated that mentholated liquids had a cleansing effect, I still believe in that. I had a eGo T atty that lasted 14m plus before I ditched it. It was still performing or so I thought. When I broke in a new atty, man was I kidding myself. The old one had degraded over time that it was not really noticeable e.g like loosing weight. We never think we have lost that much until someone who hasn't seen us for a while goes holly sheet" man you lost weight.

Folks are still trying to squeeze everything out of every penny, at least we no longer boil cartos :)

Isaac and a few others will remember Trog, who stated he changed his atty weekly. Trog had to be taken with a grain of salt but he had it right. Atomisers are a consumable product and considering the amount we spent on smoking a spit in the ocean in comparison. After 4.5 yrs, I have become a very fussy vaper, I always was, but even more now then ever before. I can sense a drop in performance and will finish the tank, carto or whatever is in use and replace them. Once you have tasted "great performance" and Isaac's stuff provides that, any degradation of said product is simply unacceptable.

I had a customer (new) who had been vaping a Kanger T3 for 3 months on original coil. She stated she wasn't getting any vapour. Duh 3 months is a long way from a week or two. Changed her coil for her and she couldn't believe the delta. Her tankomiser was like sucking a McDonald's milkshake through a straw. I know most can relate to that. I replace my coils every 2 weeks, sometimes sooner, some times later, but 2 weeks on avg. BTW I am back to 70/30 PG/VG as my PG sensitivities were merely a sign of becoming a diabetic.

I remember in the day (when I was testing for Isaac) we (Isaac) was trying to develop a HR carto. Couldn't happen, it is not the nature of the beast. In retrospect however, when all things were considered, he did invent one. It was that we as cheap vapers expected more out of the product. If an HR carto lasted 3 days at HV, then that was DAMN GOOD. I believe our expectations were out of wack in restrospect.

In closing, don't be so hard on yourselves, these things are consumable items and performance trumps longevity every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Switched.... wow, a blast from the past. You were my go-to when I first heard of Ikenvape! You may not recall, but you were extremely helpful to me in terms of which carto was which, and which atty was which. So a very belated and repeated thank you! And another for such a wonderful post.

Back in the 1700's, cartos were definitely meant as a one time use item. Then someone got the brilliant idea that they could be cleaned and reused! Hellsbells, I spent mega hours boiling and baking and fanning mine. I ruined my favorite baking sheet for a slew of them that melted onto/into it! :grr:

I ALMOST sprang for this!! :shock:

(oh puleeze.... you know you'd want one, too.)

I truly never read the industry standard for 7 to 10ml for a carto's longevity. I keep track of all my tanks these days, and I do it on a pivot table... :blink:

Actually, the closest I have to that is a lazy susan upon which I write detailed notations about every fill in every tank, and I've found with some cartos and liquids, they just live longer than others. I have one now that is a total zombie (won't die). I'm soon to be on Fill #10 in a standard size tank. So what is that... 3ml per tank? Other tanks.... *shrug* ... notso good. I have a sense that this new Isaac creation may blow all those industry standards out of the water. This filler appears thirstier, and reacts completely differently.

OH! "Toppers", just by the way, was a cute little word that was born in 2012. I know the woman who first coined it. Yeppers, know her QUITE welp. (nudge, nudge, ;) ;))

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The first one I tried was with RY4
I metered it at 2.6 ohms
It was vaped on a 3. Ikon battery
Punched and tanked.
I basically just vaped on it to get the feel of them.
I could not believe the amont of vapor and the tase
te I got at 3.7 volts. I usually vape at around 4.8 to 5 volts and have vaped as high as 7 volts but never had any 3.7 volt that was as good as these platinums.

The second one also meterd at 2.6 Ohms
This one I used Ikenvape Tobacco in it.
Also punched and tanked.
! started at 4.5 volts and it was too high. No burnt taste but the flavor was off quite a bit but the vapor was great.
4.3 volts. better but still too high. The flavr was better but still lacking.
4.0 volts. Now the flavor is getting good. Vapor also is still great.
3.7 Volts. MMM This is what these were designed for in my book. 3.7 to 40 is the bast level I've found. The flavor is as it should be at that level as is the vapor. Actually the vapor is better than expected at that level.

#3 metered at 2.8 Ohms
I used this one without a tank and vaped Hazelnut Coffee in it.
The voltage spread was the same as the secomd one and the same resukts. These cartos do not like higher voltages.
The Filler really holds the juice and it seems to wick longer in between fills. Vapor was also great on this one.

#4&5 metered at 2.8 Ohms too.
I am currently testing those two, One for longevity.
Summary
The Platinum 2.8 Ohm cartomizer seem to hold juice and wick better than it's predecessor. The Vapor is definitly an improvement as it is a vapor machine. It works well at higher temps, say the 4.5 volt setting but the flavor fails at that temperature so I would recommend keeping the voltage at or around 3.7 to 4.0. I have never gotten into vaping at the lower settings but these have changed my ming. The throat hit, taste, and vapor are so close to 5 volt vaping I had to look one time. I also was not a fan of the previous platinum cartos. I mean I didn't dislike them and they worked good but not as well as a fusaion and thats what I was vaping. These have changed that mindset because with lower temps comes lower size and it's nice to not carry a bulky mod sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread