Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
This woman swears by her cigarette reps... She said,

E cigs don't have the same carcinogens as actual cigarettes, they deliver nicotine but the chemicals in them are just as bad for your health as a Newport or Marlboro, I could promise you that. And the juice for vaping is harmful too, the slightest drop of it on your skin will overdose you on nicotine and burn the hell out of the skin it touched. There have also been SEVERAL recalls on some cigarettes, but that never makes the news. Contact an e cigarette company and ask them about the dangers of them, they're required to tell you

Reactions: Vesh

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This woman swears by her cigarette reps... She said,

E cigs don't have the same carcinogens as actual cigarettes, they deliver nicotine but the chemicals in them are just as bad for your health as a Newport or Marlboro, I could promise you that. And the juice for vaping is harmful too, the slightest drop of it on your skin will overdose you on nicotine and burn the hell out of the skin it touched. There have also been SEVERAL recalls on some cigarettes, but that never makes the news. Contact an e cigarette company and ask them about the dangers of them, they're required to tell you

Pure nic in the 1000mg/ml strength can kill you quickly under the right circumstances. Even breathing the air in a room with an open bottle of 1000mg/ml nic or especially where a spill has occurred could be deadly. A spill of pure nic is a hazmat situation.

100mg/ml nic is nothing to play with, but can be handled safely. You just want to measure out the amount needed and close the bottle to reduce the chance of a spill. If it gets on your hands you just wash it off immediately and continue on. Wearing rubber gloves is necessary when using 100mg/ml nic solutions.

Nic in an ejuice mix is diluted to the point that it's about equal to the amount of nic in a cigarette. So, what she's talking about is the danger of pure nic, not the strengths that we use to make ejuice.

Most of the flavors used in ejuice are common concentrated flavors that are also used in baking and candy making. The tobacco flavors can be derived from tobacco or just flavorings that resemble the taste and aroma of tobacco.

The PG and VG that makes up the rest of the juice are used in making products for baking and cooking, medicines, candy, soft drinks, and products like makeup, toothpaste, and hand lotions. It's even used in carbonated soft drinks to prevent excessive foaming. Tell her to start looking at ingredients in the things she buys. It's common to see Propylene Glycol and/or Vegetable Glycerin on the product labels. It's in her toothpaste and makeup. It's used in soft drinks to prevent excessive foaming. Yes, it's in antifreeze because the previously used ethylene glycol was killing animals who liked the sweet taste of EG. PG is safe. It's in antifreeze because of that.

She's on a tirade with no reasonable argument on her side.

Last edited:

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
I'm gonna be blunt, your coworker is an idiot and a sheep.

If you worked for a company that makes billions of dollars a year selling a product, but then this other product comes along and starts threatening your sales, wouldn't you try to discredit the new product? That's what her cig-rep is doing. He's biased against vaping because he works for a tobacco company, and he's spreading misinformation. And by simply taking his word and not doing her own research, your coworker is a sheep.

I spill e-liquid on my hands every day because I'm clumsy and I make messes. I assure you e-liquid will not kill you if it gets on your hand. And as mentioned, even 100mg strength nicotine will do nothing more than irritate your skin, so long as you wash it off quickly.

Tell your friend to do some research and form her own opinion instead of taking someone else's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I need the best information stating that e-cigs are safer than cigarettes. I'm in another argument with a Sheetz worker who says that her cigarette reps said e-cigs are more dangerous...

You might try pouring some of your e juice on your hand while she watches, letting it sit there for a bit in front of her.. do a small demonstration of there being no burns, and no death associated with your e juice getting on your hand..

Then, hand her the print out from the royal college of physicians on the safety of ecigarette usage as compared to smoking..

Then, just walk away.. there is nothing more for you to say, nor argue about. She saw live and in person the fact she was lied to, and you handed her proof from actual physicians that she is being lied to, which she can peruse at her leisure.

That's it, nothing more for you to do or say.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Lol. I spill it on my hands almost every day.

The first thing I do when I get a batch of 100mg nic is put a single drop on my tongue. I wouldn't recommend that anyone else do this, as different people tolerate nicotine to greatly varying degrees and it might well make someone else ill. But that's around three times as potent as even very high concentration juice, and more like 30 times as potent as what a lot of people vape these days. And it has yet to burn a hole in my tongue.

That's not to say that you shouldn't treat nicotine with respect. It's a toxin in relatively small quantities, and should be treated as such. But lots of things are so. People might be a little more concerned than is absolutely necessary over it these days.

Reactions: David Wolf

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
She's not a coworker guys. She's just some woman who I got involved with in some facebook conversation. She really is a stupid. She swears by what her cigarette reps tell her. Man is she dumb... I keep showing her all these sites and she simply responds with BS crap from 2008.

I'm having some fun with her tho. She's kind a of cute and dumb looking blond.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Sheesh, did you never watch Miami vice? ;)

To get a good taste of it, and check for off-flavors, etc. Tbh, it's a bad habit, and I think I should stop doing it. I haven't suffered any ill-effects from it, but... there's always the risk that a vendor could seriously mess up a batch and send me something well over 100mg, and that might be a bit unfortunate. At any rate, please don't take my post as an endorsement of tasting 100mg- it's not really a very good idea, and I'd strongly recommend not doing so.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Sounds like my daughter in law. She read one story about one dog dying because it's owner allowed it to get to and, eat a whole bottle of juice. In her mind, that translated to vaping kills pets and, would kill her pets while smoking would not harm her pets at all. She went back to smoking.

Can't fix stupid sheeples that twist everything to suit what they WANT to believe.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
She read one story about one dog dying because it's owner allowed it to get to and, eat a whole bottle of juice.

I'll say that while I am sometimes a bit cavalier in my handling of nic and juice, I am actually very careful about nic and my cats. I weigh over 200 pounds, and tolerate most substances well, to put it mildly. My cats weigh around 10 pounds each, and cats are weirdly sensitive to some things (a bit of airborne pollen from certain lilies can apparently kill cats.)

Reactions: Pamawoman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread