Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I spill 7.2 nic regularly when rebottling and filling. Bad move I know, but it's weaker than yours and rest assured that I have never even had an itch when I've spilt it or touched some.
Obviously I stroll to the bathroom and wash my hands, but the stroll couldn't be more casual.

Remember though, wear your gloves, aprons, safety goggles and be safe.
Do as I say, not as I do :cool:

bab123

Apr 14, 2017
they way i understand it the nicotine in e juice is medical nicotine not from plants. in the cigarettes you have alot of other goodies apart from the nicotine that makes it alot of worse than vaping and the nicotine that the plants produce is also alot more unhealthy that medical nicotine. as i see it medical nicotine isnt realy that bad at all if i was afraid of anything in e liquids it whould be the flavorings and other stuff they put into them.

bab123

Apr 14, 2017
It's not been my understanding that many, if any, vliquid manufacturers use synthetic nic, but I'm sure open to learning more.
i guess if you buy the cheapest e liquid out there it wont be synthetic. i know that synthetic is available in spainand its more expensive than its counterparts. but i think that synthetic nic will get alot more widespread with time

Reactions: Katdarling

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I smoked for 35 years, my lung capacity test at my regular physical was one thing I dreaded and was ashamed of because I was very aware everytime I did it as a smoker that a) it was grim proof I was slowly killing myself and b) I was too hooked and stupid to turn away from it

All that changed, when a year after I started vaping (I stopped smoking the very first time I pressed my mod button, never had another, 2.5 years since then) I fronted up and had my physical...my doctor was gobsmacked at the change. She tentatively became interested and supportive of vaping. Her support was only boosted when she sent me for my yearly cardiologist review, and that came back improved as well. I have a congenital heart defect resulting in atrial fibrillation or tachycardia...before Digoxin my heart rate would go suddenly up to 300bpm and then crash to 30bpm, resulting in blackouts, many times a day. I have been on Digoxin for nearly 14 years, and even though on Digoxin, I would average maybe 4 AF events a year...not always blackout level.
Do you want to guess when my last one was...2.6 years ago now, just before I started vaping...

So I have my GP, my cardiologist and most medical people I've dealt with over nearly 15 years supporting my change to vaping.

But what does my story matter, or the opinions of health professionals matter against the opinion of a cigarette salesperson.....

I make vaping as safe as it possibly can be for myself, I vape high vg, very little pg (only have it at all due to my of nic base), use distilled water to thin the vg out a bit, and vape unflavoured...

But a camels got to be safer right, I mean 4000+ chemicals must be better than 3...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
100mg/ml nic is nothing to play with, but can be handled safely. You just want to measure out the amount needed and close the bottle to reduce the chance of a spill. If it gets on your hands you just wash it off immediately and continue on. Wearing rubber gloves is necessary when using 100mg/ml nic solutions.

I sometimes put drops of 100mg/ml on my tongue directly. When I think I'm really needing a cig, I just do that. I get the whole "first cig" buzz and definitely won't drive to go get one after that. I do this maybe 6 times a year.

I bet I could handle 4 drops at once no problem. I spill it on my hands, don't bother to wash it off. My normal vape is 1-2 mg/ml. It's not that dangerous to me.

Reactions: DPLongo22

bab123

Apr 14, 2017
Which brands (in Spain) are using it? I'm interested in taking a look.
i am not using pure nicotine from i am using something called premium base i just wanted to point out that it is available only in some countries including spain other countries wont allow it much like powdered koffein if you ship it you may only ship a certain amount for personal use.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
From your initial post, I thought you were saying that vliquid (in general, all, most) was made from synthetic nic. Synthetic IS more expensive, and as far as I know (and as I said), I believe most vendors use tobacco nic. I'm not convinced that tobacco nic is less healthy than synthetic, but then again, I have no worries about nicotine in general. For me, it's important, and I plan to continue using it. I do know that it's not the nic in a cig that will cause harm, not even close (to the harm produced from the tar and chemicals and.... THE SMOKE itself).

they way i understand it the nicotine in e juice is medical nicotine not from plants.

bab123

Apr 14, 2017
From your initial post, I thought you were saying that vliquid (in general, all, most) was made from synthetic nic. Synthetic IS more expensive, and as far as I know (and as I said), I believe most vendors use tobacco nic. I'm not convinced that tobacco nic is less healthy than synthetic, but then again, I have no worries about nicotine in general. For me, it's important, and I plan to continue using it. I do know that it's not the nic in a cig that will cause harm, not even close (to the harm produced from the tar and chemicals and.... THE SMOKE itself).
i agree i might have misunderstood something but my biggest concern whouldnt be the nicotine but the flavorings in the ejuice

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
i agree i might have misunderstood something but my biggest concern whouldnt be the nicotine but the flavorings in the ejuice

If you were smoking, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about any of the ingredients in the juice. You can always move to flavorless at any time.

This is just MY opinion, for the record.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I smoked for 35 years, my lung capacity test at my regular physical was one thing I dreaded and was ashamed of because I was very aware everytime I did it as a smoker that a) it was grim proof I was slowly killing myself and b) I was too hooked and stupid to turn away from it

All that changed, when a year after I started vaping (I stopped smoking the very first time I pressed my mod button, never had another, 2.5 years since then) I fronted up and had my physical...my doctor was gobsmacked at the change. She tentatively became interested and supportive of vaping. Her support was only boosted when she sent me for my yearly cardiologist review, and that came back improved as well. I have a congenital heart defect resulting in atrial fibrillation or tachycardia...before Digoxin my heart rate would go suddenly up to 300bpm and then crash to 30bpm, resulting in blackouts, many times a day. I have been on Digoxin for nearly 14 years, and even though on Digoxin, I would average maybe 4 AF events a year...not always blackout level.
Do you want to guess when my last one was...2.6 years ago now, just before I started vaping...

So I have my GP, my cardiologist and most medical people I've dealt with over nearly 15 years supporting my change to vaping.

But what does my story matter, or the opinions of health professionals matter against the opinion of a cigarette salesperson.....

I make vaping as safe as it possibly can be for myself, I vape high vg, very little pg (only have it at all due to my of nic base), use distilled water to thin the vg out a bit, and vape unflavoured...

But a camels got to be safer right, I mean 4000+ chemicals must be better than 3...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I loved your post! And am truly happy for you, style. :thumb:

I sometimes put drops of 100mg/ml on my tongue directly. When I think I'm really needing a cig, I just do that. I get the whole "first cig" buzz and definitely won't drive to go get one after that. I do this maybe 6 times a year.

I bet I could handle 4 drops at once no problem. I spill it on my hands, don't bother to wash it off. My normal vape is 1-2 mg/ml. It's not that dangerous to me.

90VG, I'm thinking this would not be advisable.

bab123

Apr 14, 2017
If you were smoking, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about any of the ingredients in the juice. You can always move to flavorless at any time.

This is just MY opinion, for the record.
i am not too concerned with flavorings aslong as it isnt from china or similar places i am pretty comfortable with european vape products.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
i am not too concerned with flavorings aslong as it isnt from china or similar places i am pretty comfortable with european vape products.

You could probably pull it out of the East River and would STILL be magnitudes safer than the smoke we inhaled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread