Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Signed. 25¢ a ml is beyond absurd.

There are no ingredients in e-liquid that justify such a draconian tax. e-liquid eliminates most of the health hazards present in smoke (e.g. tar.) Additionally, such a tax would destroy many small business in Alabama by sending their clients to more affordable vendors on the Internet.

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Thanks for the signatures!

(In his second term, our 'no-new-taxes' governor realized that there was a huge hole in the general fund and that new taxes were needed to fill it. OTH, his initial proposal for increasing the cig tax exempted vapor products. Others decided that they should be included. sigh)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Thanks for the signatures!

(In his second term, our 'no-new-taxes' governor realized that there was a huge hole in the general fund and that new taxes were needed to fill it. OTH, his initial proposal for increasing the cig tax exempted vapor products. Others decided that they should be included. sigh)

I let it post to my Facebook. NotSoGoood wrote back that Washington State passed a 75% tax on e-cigs.
E-Cigarette Tax Hike in Washington State Moves Forward | NACS Online

vaping has really increased my cynicism about government. I wasn't naive before but now...

Favored

May 13, 2014
San Jose, CA, USA
Signed it.

I am signing because I am a customer of an Alabama e-liquid online shop and I don't want them to go out of business because you decide to tax a product that has not proven to be much more harmful than breathing air. If taxes like this continue to be passed, I will do everything in my power to make sure that legislators who pass bills to raise money from taxing e-liquids are known for their lack of ethics in using this area to make up for fiscal shortfalls. Don't punish people who have found a fairly safe way to get out from the clutches of big tobacco.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
this was just organized today

Breathe Easier Alliance of Alabama

https://www.facebook.com/BreatheEasyAL

ETA: The Alliance will use the SFATA model which includes hiring a lobbyist and create a clear plan of action with key talking points and information on who to contact regarding the proposed tax.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread