Props to The Vape Tree.... Lafayette Louisiana...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just starting this vape journey to hopefully get off the cigs and today I got a chance to visit a local vender who has pre-steeped and steeped e-juice... I just started this like Sat. Night and I know for some the vap thing just won't happen overnight which is sort of my case... Still smoking my Kool-Milds although it has been a lil less then I normally do... If your a menthol smoker then tend to start you off with a menthol flavor which is good in a way even though for me I really don't taste the strong menthol in cigs anymore so the menthol flavor can be a bit much... The menthol flavor I was given was a lil better then I thought so It gave me courage to try this again (this is my second go around).... Searching for flavors and where is the best place to get them I ran into the steeping processes (I'm raw at this so I had to look it up) and was like this is gonna be tough having to wait 3 to 4 weeks, in some cases 2 months before I can roll with new flavors...

Trying to figure out if I can speed up the process I ran into glassmanoak... A local vendor in my area that deals in pre-steeped and steeped juice.... He didn't treat me as just another customer but as someone he can help get off the cigs.... Very helpful and answered everyone one of questions, even the ones I didn't asked....

Flavors were great that I tried, He was very patient and even let me try flavors with menthol added which just enhanced it better...... No doubt I will be buying more from Vape Tree... I only have two tanks right now, waiting on three more, just cleaned one and think I will go with the Amazing Strawberry mixed with menthol tomorrow.... I bought 3 flavors (Amazing Strawberry (doesn't taste artificial), Pinoy Punch (taste like your drinking Hawaiian Punch, but I'm sure I well get more out of it later), Banyan Tree (I caught a taste of banana when I tasted it and loved it.) and he threw in a bottle of menthol..... I think I will need that menthol to give that kick for me.....

Hopefully this helps get me off these cigs... So far so good... Even though I'm still smoking it is a lil less then before.... I think my test will come on Sunday when the Saints play the Falcons, lol.......

Congratulations on finding a great vape shop!:)

Thanks... Still not sure what my taste buds are looking for.... But so far they are more into the fruit flavors but I still have to have a lil menthol in them... Hopefully once I get off these cigs the taste buds will be more receptive to other flavors...

krobeson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Orange, VA
I also had a tough time with it in the beginning. I went back to cigs several times before stopping for good. What really did it for me was finding a device that gave me the power I needed to really let the vapor roll. I started out with an EVOD device and that thing just didn't do it for me. Battery didn't last at all and the tank liked to leak on me all the time. Then I discovered the MVP2 after doing a little research and it also helped that a guy at work used one too, so I knew what I was looking for. The tank that comes with the iTaste MVP2 sucks in my opinion, but it did the trick and my last cigarette was on August 6th and I haven't looked back.

Now the downside is that I'm pretty much fully invested with 2 mech mods, 2 APVs, 3 different clearomizers and a buttload of eLiquid. Oh....an I also have enough rebuild supplies to last me a year as my wife would say. I bet I've dumped $500 into this easily!! It's all good though because this also appeals to my techy side as well and think a lot of these guys here will tell you that too!!! Plus it helps to be a natural tinker-er...LOL

Good luck on your journey......oh, and if I can do it....anyone can do it!!!

I also had a tough time with it in the beginning. I went back to cigs several times before stopping for good. What really did it for me was finding a device that gave me the power I needed to really let the vapor roll. I started out with an EVOD device and that thing just didn't do it for me. Battery didn't last at all and the tank liked to leak on me all the time. Then I discovered the MVP2 after doing a little research and it also helped that a guy at work used one too, so I knew what I was looking for. The tank that comes with the iTaste MVP2 sucks in my opinion, but it did the trick and my last cigarette was on August 6th and I haven't looked back.

Now the downside is that I'm pretty much fully invested with 2 mech mods, 2 APVs, 3 different clearomizers and a buttload of eLiquid. Oh....an I also have enough rebuild supplies to last me a year as my wife would say. I bet I've dumped $500 into this easily!! It's all good though because this also appeals to my techy side as well and think a lot of these guys here will tell you that too!!! Plus it helps to be a natural tinker-er...LOL

Good luck on your journey......oh, and if I can do it....anyone can do it!!!

Thanks... I just ordered another battery after someone on this forum gave me a link that had them on sale... I bought the Vision Spinner at a local vap shop and could have bought two online for the price I paid for one but I was ready to start and didn't want to wait... I'm really thinking about stepping up to the model u just described if this continues to cut me back on these cigs...

Quietstorm just let me add WHO DAT!!! WHOOP WHOOP. Where at in Lafayette is this shop? I might pass through on one of my trips back home to BR. I make boudin and sausage runs to bring back with me.

Yeah can't wait till Sunday... I just saw he was local while searching... I'm in Broussard, (a hop skip and jump from Lafayette).. I wanted to make sure I had something to smoke with NFL kicking off this weekend... Didn't want to ruin the progress I have going on so far... His site is called The Vape Tree (glassmanoak on this site), real nice guy... Plenty of flavors, but only tried a few... By the way, you got to have that Boudin, lol....

Last edited:
What mg nicotine are you using? Sounds like you might need to go a little higher. I started out with 18mg, something called "Freshen Up", It is a minty flavor, used it for one day, tried to finish my Pall Mall Menthol's the next day and couldnt even smoke the whole thing, it was just plain NASTY! Maybe try a peppermint or something minty. It worked for me, I smoked for over 30 years, now those things stink and taste BAD!

What mg nicotine are you using? Sounds like you might need to go a little higher. I started out with 18mg, something called "Freshen Up", It is a minty flavor, used it for one day, tried to finish my Pall Mall Menthol's the next day and couldnt even smoke the whole thing, it was just plain NASTY! Maybe try a peppermint or something minty. It worked for me, I smoked for over 30 years, now those things stink and taste BAD!

Right now I'm on 18mg... Was thinking about going higher but figured I would try another week or so and if I was still smoking cigs would maybe get the higher mg in the menthol flavor they started me with (it is starting to grow on me).... But I might try a peppermint flavor, seems like I like that lil kick of menthol after so maybe a peppermint flavor might help out... Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread