Pros and cons of VG E- liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyisah

Sep 22, 2017
Cons with VG:
Doesnt carry flavour as good as PG.
For some people (me included) it can make your lungs feel heavy if you have too much VG.

Pros with VG:
Noticeable better coulds.
Less throat hit. But that is a matter of preference. Some people like throat hit.
Some people say they are sensitive or even allergic to PG so VG can be a good option.

In general i think its a matter of finding a balance you prefer and if you are new to vaping 50/50 can be a good starting point. For me i prefer juice around 60-75% VG

Reactions: glointhedark

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Imo saying pg carries the flavor more is false,i vape mostly high vg and my juices taste pretty godlike. Biggest con is the allergy factor which is not everyone. Some like more the throat hit so they go higher pg,you can also use whichever on both but vg will probably go less fast in sub 0hm tanks (which is what i use with my rtas)

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
My experience with high vg is obviously that in my rda I would get more of a cloud but would get less of a throat hit as opposed to 50/50. One significant thing that I learnt is that high vg doesn't work as well as 50/50 in rta's because being that the high vg juice is thicker it doesn't wick/juice up the cotton as well as 50/50 which is a thinner liquid. Being that I did give up on rta's I would prefer high vg in my rda's.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Pros of VG: I can vape it (sensitive to inhaled PG). TBH, a lot of the "cons" are avoidable-- I find I get decent flavor with DIY High VG juice, now the throat hit is nonexistent with Max VG, but I'm not a big fan of that, in any case. You will probably get bigger clouds. I have found with a few drops of distilled water to thin it, it's really not an issue even in small MTL setups. I've really never had a dry hit, even in an N2 or a low airflow RTA-- I don't know anything different, really, but I've found that drawing through the mouthpiece a few seconds after I stop hitting the fire button wicks consistently up into the coil, so I don't have flow problems.

With that said, most folks enjoy some mixture of the two, unless they cannot vape one or the other, and a lot of folks will use different ratios depending on what they've found best for their particular tank.

Anna

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I can not vape high vg, i have copd and asthma. It makes my lungs feel like they are coated with a film and i just cough it up and can't breath very well. It's like inhaling paint and the paint is coating my lungs. Alot of people vape high vg and have no problem, but if you have lungs issues you might find it bothersome. It's just a big no no for me. I do find high pg irritates my lungs if i am not careful, so it took me some time but i found a nice balance between the two with experimentation. There are some flavors that i can not vape either, well most to be honest. Sets my lungs on fire. I stick with ry flavors and it always treats me well.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I started with high VG because the smoother throat hit allowed me to use higher nic liquid, something I needed to quit smoking.

I DIY most of my juice now, but there are a few commercial juices I either can't or don't bother to clone. My own and the commercial stuff are 70/30 VG/PG.

My experience is that tank, coil and power are the main drivers for flavor when it comes to subohm vaping. Base mix plays a bigger role in MTL style at higher resistance. Tank and coil still have a big influence, but more PG and higher nic make for a better experience with the same flavorings ratio.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i mix 100% VG myself. like many people too much PG can make me cough. Plus its easier to not have to mix bases. High VG tends to be better with leakage because it's thicker, while PG tends to be better with wicking because it's thinner. You can thin VG with water but it dramatically reduces visible vapor, which can be a good thing. VG tends to mute flavors and it's slightly sweet. This does not mean you can't make a tasty high vg juice though. it will have a slightly different flavor mix than a PG juice is all. Some very small MTL mods actually can't handle high VG well, and tend to dry hit with it, while some large airy mods tend to leak more with high PG juice. It's not an all or nothing thing though. the two liquids are fairly close consistency wise.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
High % VG most definitely mutes flavor & throat hit compared to 50/50 40/60.
That's the reason high VG liquids usually use higher % of flavorings.
A 50/50 liquid that has 5% - 7% flavorings will taste close to the same as a high % VG liquid liquid with 12% - 14% flavorings.
There are quite a few store bought high% Vg liquids that use as much as 20% flavorings.
VG is sweet by itself, to me quite sweet, never use any sweetners due to how pronounced the Vg sweet is.
I have a sensitivity to high VG liquids anything above 50% gives me issues.

I vape 50/50 in every delivery device I use, resistance makes no difference. I do have one flavor that is 40pg/60pg never vape more than 2 ml per day of it, usually 1 ml or less.

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
Straight up pure VG isn't really all that great for clouds as it needs more power to vaporize due to its high boiling point. I dripped some straight 99,5% pure VG a couple of times; the clouds were surprisingly underwhelming.
Some PG or water helps with keeping the needed temperature down and as long as you have flavor in your juice, its going to have PG in it anyway. Most flavors are PG-solutions.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread