Jul 13, 2015
Trying to decide what to get

Can someone match these up since I have no prior experience with either:

-Cost of coils for both
-Best ohm coils to use
-Liquid usage for each
-Vapor production on a VV eGo with 100% VG
-Taste
-Issues (leaking, flooding, bad wicking, ect.)

I'll be using a VV eGo that goes up to 4.8v and down to 3.2, so please base answers off of that

alexmot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
Louisiana, USA
I prefer the Mini 2 over the Mini 3. Mostly due to the fact that I rebuild the coils and the dual coils for the 3 are somewhere between a PIA and impossible to rebuild.

I have several and use them daily (both twos and threes). I converted my threes to single coil by replacing the bottom of the tank.

I like ~ 6-8 Watts with a ~ 1.5 - 2.0 ohm coil. My juice is usually higher PG than VG.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: Grimwald

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
You will not be able to use 100% VG with a protank unless you thin it out with a lot of distilled water, which will mute your flavor.

Pin hole sized airflow on the tanks will not be able to wick the juice fast enough, resulting in "dry burnt hits". 50/50 PG/VG (or even higher PG) works best with this type of tank.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Really not much difference between the two other than the dual/single coils. The dual coil will give more vapor but not a lot. It will use more juice too but not a lot. They can leak but it's usually not too bad.

I used PT3 minis with my MVP 2 for several months and liked them at the time. I still have one in the box because I moved on to a more powerful iStick and better tanks like the Aspire Nautilus mini and GS Air.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Another possibility to consider would be the Kanger Genitanks or Aerotanks. These take the same coils as the PT3, but have variable air flow, so you may be able to get more vapor. I have aerotanks, but no protanks, so I couldn't compare directly. The price point for the genitank mini is similar to the PT3.

From my understanding, genitanks & aerotanks are identical, except aerotanks are stainless stell, while genitanks are chromed brass.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Would taking out one or both flavor wicks help with all VG juice wicking in these?
No, not at all.

If you want a "cloud chasing" setup you are going to need to consider upgrading the tank (and maybe even your battery). A good setup for a "tootle puffer" up might be something like an iStick 30 watt with a Mini Nautilus or GS Air Tank. Even though you won't use 30 watts, the original iStick (20 watts) had lots of problems that were solved in the iStick 30 watt.

Have you checked out the "Tootle Puffer" thread? Are YOU a Tootle Puffer?? | E-Cigarette Forum

What is now considered the max wattage to be considered a "tootle puffer"? Is it 20 watts?

Added: See if anyone is talking about the new Aspire Triton. PBusardo did a review on it today and he said he was very impressed with the higher ohm coil. He was M2L inhaling with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread