Protank 2 problem, no airflow, cant figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

e32lover

Nov 6, 2013
East Somalia
Hi, i have a provari, I have 2 protanks, both have been working fine for months, now for some reason one of my tanks suddenly has developed a fault where there is no airflow when it is attached to the provari (but has fine airflow when not attached). I have tried many heads, with no change. My other protank works fine, cant figure it out. I have tried loosening it a bit, loosening the head a bit, but no luck. Anyone had this issue or have any recommendations?

Thanks

I have had a similar problem, dry hit burring. I have been screwing around with the flavor wicks and think I have solved the problem at the moment. I open up the coil and remove both flavor wicks. Instead of having them both lay directly on top of the coil I position them so they meet end to end directly centered on the coil. Once I put the chimney cap back on I have 2 whiskers hanging over, then use some tweezers to tuck them around base and re-install the rubber growmit. I get better wicking and burnt dry tastes almost completely eliminated. I also found out this trick works great with 40/60 juice......

e32lover

Nov 6, 2013
East Somalia
yeah i have tried unblocking the holes but to no avail. Its funny how it just started happening all of a sudden after a tank rebuild. Ill try your method Wizt and report back, I cant figure out how this can happen, i mean the tank is such a simple device. I wonder if its possible that ive been over tightening the tank slightly, and increased the overall thread length at the bottom of the tank? Its weird though, cos even if i unscrew it slightly its still not right, nothing like my other protank which is newer and works flawlessly.

Its a shame that these quality issues have arisen because i really do like the simplicity, cost and ease of maintenance of the protank. Is there another tank that uses the same coils that is similar in design, but with better construction and build quality? Ive found the protanks to be terribly inconsistent. The first one i bought was great, the second one i bought the mouthpeice hole was too big, bigger than my first one, and the mouthpeice does not fit snug in it, and the third one i bought had the loose mouthpeice issue plus the glass was slightly warped or something.

I love the PT Mini, just have to fill the tank more often and only 3/4 full.
Take a look at this one
Kanger aerotank clearomizer – KangerTech
I also read you can use standard PT/PT2 single coils as well as coils for the T3s, I use 2.2 Ohm T3S coils in my PT2.
Happy Days, only need to keep 1 type on hand.....

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
Known issue with the rubber/silicone on the bottom. Unscrew it a little bit from the mod. The center pin pushes the coil base up and the seal swells out stopping airflow. I had the same problem. Lots of fixes, but I just got an aero tank base from sun vapers and it fixes the problem of leaving it wobbly o a device. I can screw it all the way down now and I have airflow control.

Known issue with the rubber/silicone on the bottom. Unscrew it a little bit from the mod. The center pin pushes the coil base up and the seal swells out stopping airflow. I had the same problem. Lots of fixes, but I just got an aero tank base from sun vapers and it fixes the problem of leaving it wobbly o a device. I can screw it all the way down now and I have airflow control.

Right!!!! I have one on order.......
:):):):)

e32lover

Nov 6, 2013
East Somalia
Keeferes speaks the truth. After trying all my many leftover heads, about 20 of them, i realised what the problem is. All the newer Kanger heads with the clear grommet at the bottom have very poor airflow, while all the old ones with the white grommet work fine. I think ill try and get a refund on my bulk kanger coils i just purchased as none of them work with the provari. Will have to switch to a different tank until kanger figure this out. Also a bit ...... off as i basically ruined one of my tanks drilling out the holes and filing down the grooves in the bottom.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
FYI,
Same issue with my PT2 mini. I take big bomb draws. Try a Tank Airflow Controller (Tank Airflow Controller). I have one on order so I hope I can make my PT2 work without altering the wicks.
Stay Tuned.....

Update.....
Generic air tank controller is a POS (Piece Of S**t.....)...... for the PT2............
Don't waste your money....... Into the parts box it goes.
Glad I only paid $3.50 for it. I guess the free sample of E-juice I got (a $4.25 value) wasn't realty free.... Hahahahahah

photo(4).jpg

Last edited:

Lifted

Verified Member
Dec 17, 2013
Northern New Jersey
Same problem with the PT2 on Provari. If I screw it down until it bottoms the air-holes on 510 connection become completely blocked by the threading. I really wish they could have done something different for the protank. It works great when the PV controls airflow. Manufacturers really should agree on who's responsible for this stuff!

Looks like I'm going to have to pick up a few Kanger airflow controllers for PV that don't.

1buda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Update.....
Generic air tank controller is a POS (Piece Of S**t.....)...... for the PT2............
Don't waste your money....... Into the parts box it goes.
Glad I only paid $3.50 for it. I guess the free sample of E-juice I got (a $4.25 value) wasn't realty free.... Hahahahahah

View attachment 298369

I just got the same one. Like you said it's a POS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread