Protank 3 and I clear 16 coil issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys!

I seem to have a bit of a strange problem. I had been vaping with a protank 3 for a month or so but was going through coils so quickly (around 1 per day). Each time i tried to clean and dry burn they would not work at all. After getting too frustrated with the protank i moved on to the i clear 16 but i seem to be having the same problems again. I am using a regular ego battery and vanilla 70 PG / 30 VG juice. It is starting to get really frustrating and quite expensive, but dont want to give up on it just yet!

Hope you more experienced vapers could help me shed a little bit of light on my problem or if not maybe recommend to me a more reliable piece of kit!
Thanks so much for your time,
Betty

:confused:

DrewB313

Aug 21, 2014
Michigan
When I was cleaning clearo heads I would simply rinse them under warm water for about 15-20 seconds, set them out to dry over night and never dry burn. I knew people who did but I always ended up burning the silica that way.

Is your ego battery variable voltage? if so I would recommend looking at some of the vaping charts to adjust your voltage down to try and get less wear and tear through excess voltage. Sadly I dont know why the coils would only last a day without putting too much power through them.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
after you dry burn are you re-rinsing your coil? If not, you are leaving the burnt product on it and you will taste it. Try soaking, rinsing, dry burning, rinsing and leave to dry overnight.

I have found that vanilla's tend to taste burnt to me quicker than most of my other flavors. So you might have to at least rinse the coils every time you fill your tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
One issue with most if not all vanilla flavored e juice along with desert flavors is the adding of sweetner, which is known to gunk up coils. Also if your trying to vape with an almost dry tank you are lowering the life of your coils. When you put in a new coil it should soak in juice for at least 10mins before firing.

Last edited:

woofpuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I gave up on cleaning disposable heads, but when I was cleaning them, I used vodka and that worked very well. I soaked them overnight and rinsed them well the next morning and then let them dry a fey hours. I usually go through 15 or 20 mls of juice on a protank 3 coil then toss it, sometimes I can get through 30 mls if it's not a gunky juice. I get very good life out of iClear 16 coils also, at least 15 mls, usually more. Are you using genuine coils, or knockoffs? I bought some cheap-o generic coils once and they sucked.

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
Just wondering if you guys consider the I clear 16 to be reliable or not and if not is there something better i could try. Im starting to get a bit desperate and my bank balance is suffering too!!
Thanks again you are all great. x

My first tank was an iclear 16 I also used an iclear30 and sometimes with the iclear16 coils, and when I used pre made coil tanks the iclear coils would last me anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks with heavy vaping. I have no experience with dual coil Kangers but the single coils usually never lasted me more than 4 or 5 days. But, like I mentioned stay away from sweeteners and make sure you soak your coils for at least 10 mins in your tank with your e juice.

One thing with the iclear you CAN'T use cinnamon or citrus flavors or your tank can crack.

Hi Guys!
I have got my self 2 itaste vv batteries and some new iclear 16 replaceable coils (1.5ohm). I think the coils are starting to last slightly longer but still no more than 2 days per coil! :confused:
I have been setting my battery at 3.7 do you think this could still be too high or could this be more due to the fact that i have got myself some dodgy coils. Still feeling disheartened with the hole set up hope you guys have some ideas!
Thanks again for all of your advise.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
Is that the only flavor your using?

How much juice are you going through per coil?

Are you firing the coil off before your drawing of the clearo?

Do you carry it in your pocket turned on?

Are you attempting to chain vape?

How many puffs before you let it rest?

How long do you draw per puff?

I don't do too much better than you at a coil every three or four days, sometimes longer, mostly not......... mostly. I do a desert juice though. I am trying fruit now.

And coils are not always the ohms they claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread