Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So far I understand the new coil won't work on the old pt1, pt2 and other such tanks.

What I am not clear about is whether the old coils will work on the new pt3.

You have to buy a special protank-3-only coil, for me that is a big reason to not buy that model.

So has anybody tried to use the older coil on the new protank-3? I want to know it they fit and work.

NorthWestVapour

Nov 20, 2013
Washington
The old coils may fit and fire in the PT3 but they are NOT safe. Maybe it's just my PT3 but when I put in the old coils into it the ohm flux anywhere from 1.8-3 ohms. Which cannot be safe to vape on has this happened with anyone else? I've tried 3 separate coils, all the same result. To be honest, pretty damn disappointed with the Pt3. In other news... The newest "protank" is under works right now. A dual coil Pyrex tank that has air control named "aero tank" ... I hope this one isn't as disappointing and the coils are better.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The old coils may fit and fire in the PT3 but they are NOT safe. Maybe it's just my PT3 but when I put in the old coils into it the ohm flux anywhere from 1.8-3 ohms. Which cannot be safe to vape on has this happened with anyone else? I've tried 3 separate coils, all the same result. To be honest, pretty damn disappointed with the Pt3. In other news... The newest "protank" is under works right now. A dual coil Pyrex tank that has air control named "aero tank" ... I hope this one isn't as disappointing and the coils are better.

flux ? Did you mean fluctuates?

Are you saying that you tested the coils by themselves and they were not fluctuating, but when you put them in the tank, then they fluctuate? And other coils don't fluctuate?

Maybe the measurement fluctuates when the coil in on the tank and is wet, especially if there is water in the liquid.

In any case, even if the ohms fluctuated between 1.8 and 3, no there would be no safety problem; unless 1.8 is considered unsafe.

More likely the contacts were wet and the wetness caused the fluctuation in the measurement.

DisKid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Bridgeport, CT, USA
The one vid I saw where the pt 3 coils was disassembled looked like rebuilding might be an issue. The person had to break it to get to the actual coil wires. I'm holding off on getting a 3 until i more info is out on it.

I just took one apart and the disassembly is the same as any other protank coil. Nothing you need to break. Mine was burnt out tho and it came away from the second coil so I'm not sure how they were rigged. Checking online now.

Sent from my Droid to the Maxx

Don't mean to thread jack, but has anyone noticed a difference in coil quality between replacement packs?

I bought my first 5pk of coils from one local shop and I see the threading that matches the PT3 base is flattened. Bought a second pack of coils elsewhere and the threading comes to a point.

From my experience the coils with flattened threading last twice as long as those with the pointed threading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread