Protank RB w/Micro Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlonedAspect

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Pocatello, ID, 83201
Interested in starting to re-build my protank heads and I am interested in using Micro coils. have some ?'s for you RB pros...

I have not re-built anything as of yet so bare with me...

1. Can I use the Evod heads to re-build with micro coils or should I stick with the original heads?

2. I am assuming that the process would be the same as re-building with a normal sized coil just micro scale... The videos show the process of how...

3. Anyone have pictures of their protank micro coil re-builds?

4. As for wick on the micro size. Is there a silica small enough or would I use a cotton ball style wick?

I am sure I will think of more questions and will be ordering the gear soon.

Appreciate all your info!

Kloned

Last edited:

REOfanatic

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Minnesota
either head will work for micro coils they are the same size so it doesnt matter. you want the inner diameter of the coils to be less than or equal to 1/16" i believe some 1mm silica could fit in. but i prefer cotton anyways. it would be easier to slide cotton through it. other than that its pretty simple there is youtube vids all over about rebuilding the protank so just make really tiny really close coils on it and you got yourself an excellent vape :)

KlonedAspect

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Pocatello, ID, 83201
I rebuilt a coil stock protank heads yesterday using micro coils and cotton. My lowest resistance build was .2ohms. Hit hard and the cotton held up without a burnt taste or a dry hit.

I'm trying to stay out of the sub ohm area.. I have not even scratched that surface or began to look at mechanicals.. I use an ego-t and an eVic as of now. From what I have read the eVic won't fire sub ohm coils.. Hoping to get around 1.8 ohms or around there.

I have a phoenix style dropper that I'm going to build up as well.

Also going to get the igo-l off of fasttech and the dual post as well (I think it's the v5?)

Interested in setting up a dual micro coil and see what it does..

Kloned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread