Proteus official

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
I was happy with my Proteus even with all the strange behaviors of it, some of them very frustrating. Today I received some new Efest V2 batts and now the Proteus is working like it should be. Now Im ready to go out with the Proteus.

It looks like keeping the AW for more than one year waiting for the Proteus affected then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Ok, so Proteus + Penny v4 #2 is working just fine. No odd button issues. Also getting much less spitting, but this is perhaps because of the new coil wrap. (What seems to be working very well is using 3mm Titanium G1 with about 9-10 2.5mm wraps @ .64 ohms.) I expect spitting to be eliminated on this coil after I switch to a 70/30 VG/PG mixture (currently using 50/50). So this is good news.

So it looks like the menu and temperature control issues are restricted to Proteus + Penny V4 #1. There's no shorting going on (as evidenced by no change in resistance), so it's almost definitely not that. (Also, shouldn't Proteus not vape if there's a short?) Perhaps it is a button issue, but I'm very reticent to try to pop out the VIR without a video... Any help from someone more adventurous? Or maybe Imeo? =)
Proteus will still vape on a short in case the short gives higher resistance than 0,4 ohm Heat. What I mean is that when coil is cold, Proteus detects the resistance. But after you vape for some time 2 coils touch each other and thats what makes Proteus confused.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I was happy with my Proteus even with all the strange behaviors of it, some of them very frustrating. Today I received some new Efest V2 batts and now the Proteus is working like it should be. Now Im ready to go out with the Proteus.

It looks like keeping the AW for more than one year waiting for the Proteus affected then.

thats true Nandy. The 14500 batteries dont last for a long time unused. I throw out 7 of my 12 14500 batteries because of this. The remaining 5 batteries were still not good but decent

Reactions: NandyDC
Proteus will still vape on a short in case the short gives higher resistance than 0,4 ohm Heat. What I mean is that when coil is cold, Proteus detects the resistance. But after you vape for some time 2 coils touch each other and thats what makes Proteus confused.

Will look into this. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: imeothanasis

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
thats true Nandy. The 14500 batteries dont last for a long time unused. I throw out 7 of my 12 14500 batteries because of this. The remaining 5 batteries were still not good but decent

Imeo is correct. AW batteries only last about a year anyway. At least that is what i find. That is all i use is AW batteries. Every since I had the chance to hang out with Bruce from COV, his reply to everyone about batteries was that "AW batteries are the best on the market".
However, that is just someones opinion, mine as well

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
For me with the new eFest I feel comfortable now going to work an vape all day. Two days in a row I used the Proteus and stealth vape all day from 9:00 to 6:00 and go through two batteries and three tank refill.

About the battery drainage is true. Now I always remove batt when not in use

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Message to IMEO

Sorry for the late reply I am up North with very limited internet I am very impressed with the Proteus so far and it really does not do it justice just seeing it online in person it is a work of art very impressed My wife is already pushing me to give it to her lol I am going to try and do several videos asap on the Cbrillion and Protues and the Til X1 wich have become my favorites now. I new when you where making protues you had a very complicated chip that would be easy to use and that's what I have been seeing around me. Older vapors just starting buying temp control devices then complaining that they have to mess with the settings all the time and they get discouraged and stop vaping. this is not good. I f it was possible to but vir in a device with larger battery capacity I think it would be the best device avaible for vaping to date. Many thanks again and Happy Birthday and thank you for what you do! I think sometimes people forget that "not on purpose" that this is a business for you but also a labour of love as well. Thanks Adam

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Have you found any reviews/tests for these new Efest 14500 batteries?

I've read some mixed reviews about the new metallic Efests. The variety of 18650s seem fairly ok, albeit they are at least a bit overrated (as usual).
The new 18350 seems a bit of a scam as well. Getting hot and voltage droppping fast @6A (rated @7A)

(sources: mooch's blog here and lygte-info.dk)

And I couldn't find any tests about the 14500s.
I'm actually glad that I still got the old ones... but I'm happily awaiting reviews.

Reactions: imeothanasis

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Ah, thx @Fyla.
I knew the site, but last time I checked they didn't have the new Efests tested yet.
Now they did - and they seem ok <5A - @5A they seem to perform worse than their older brothers.
Guess someone needs to give it a try on Proteus (however, messing with magnets instead of button-tops is not recommended/safe afair)

Old & New Efest, AW @5A

AkkuDB

@2A
AkkuDB

@1A
AkkuDB

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I hereby confirm that Efest V1 700 mAh flat top 14500 batteries do NOT work in Proteus without a magnet & much fooling around with the adjustable negative contact. They're also a little tight in the tube.

Thumba_2016-07-19_15-35-55.jpg

Do not waste your time and money.

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
Finally got my Efest v2 batteries in yesterday. My 3+ year old, never-used, AWs were all red lights when I first got my proteus. Now, with the new efests, I am fully able to admire the beauty and simplicity of proteus. Only problem is lack of airflow on my pene3. I cany't wait to put vir into something with bigger battery capacity and the ability use tileX on top.

THANKS IMEO!
What a long strange trip its been
:thumbs:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Various Imeo quotes:
Thank you very much Tax:)

You already know the whole story but not exactly all of it. Of course I will tell you what happened with details, just for fun!

no Jail lol

Its a very long story. Maybe it was you that you asked me to tell you the whole story when Proteus gets ready, maybe it was another guy. But its a story with fun and cry, laugh and sadness.

I thought that in 1 month I would be ready. But things changed again. I need 1 more month for sure.

long and strange Grate, agree!!

I'd like a long strange story full of fun and cry, laugh and sadness now please. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread