Proteus official

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Really like to read that story because Proteus and Pene are my all working hours vape since the beginning, Im using 2 batteries daily.

But I have one question, can we use SS wire with the Proteus VIR???

... So, to sum up - I vaped 11 hours and 15 minutes with 3 AW V2 batteries from AkkuDB using 1.5ohm SS 316L 30awg coil with cotton bacon. That means that full day (sleep time excluded :lol:) would go with maximum 5 batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: imeothanasis

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Oh man, now you confused me a lot. :facepalm:

It was so long time ago while I was reading this thread carefully that I didn't even think about that. I only remember no kanthal. :unsure:

I will check now to see should I be happy or I just made myself a fool. And I was so happy like I have accomplished something.

EDIT: I've checked. :cry:

PROTEUS IS IN YOUR HANDS:

3. Attach an Atomizer: Connect an atomizer (equipped with a Titanium Grade 1 Coil) to Proteus.

Awful. I barely made this SS coil. Now all comes back to me... with TI I was even more frustrated as it was springier and harder to work with. :( I have TI wire so after this one is done (there's no chance I'm changing it now) I will try to somehow make TI coil. I see that I'll have to give money for a coiler.

So what's the downside of using SS? It does everything as described (I mean lights and procedures) but that would explain why Proteus was firing even though coil was shorting. And what temperature am I getting? I am using lowest (180c) but was testing it and the change/raise of temperature is obvious. Again, does anyone know the downsides?

Last edited:

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
It wasn't supposed to work with SS, but it's a good surprise if it is really SS.

It really works. :D There's no way I could know if it's really SS but saem as batteries, it was woitas recommendation. I bought it from Zivipf.de

IMAG4583.jpg

Btw, you talk in efest and aw v2

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

My bad, I meant to say Efest V2.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
imo nothing except that it won't properly protect you from burnt coils and the temperature you set won't be the temperature you actually vape with.
iirc I tried it with SS and it worked, but even at the lowest temperature setting it was too hot a vape for me.

however, the resistance should rise way up when you run dry so a little protection will definitely be there, maybe even enough to protect you from burning your wick.

so if you're happy with it the way it is, then no downside, whatever pleases you is good :)

just my opinion though, no warranty ;)

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Thank you woita. :)

Yes, I got that regarding burnt coils. Luckily, I have a really good sences so I feel it after first slight dryer hit.

For correct temperature, there's obviously no way for me to know as there's no display but the fact is that is clearly said it works only with TI.

Regarding vape, it's not too hot for me. It's a bit warmer but I like it that way.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
It's time to change my first succesfull coil but it was SS. Now I want to make TI coil so I can get the best of Proteus but one thing is confusing me:
Resistance range: 0,45-1,35 ohms.

Does this mean that if I make 1.5 ohm coil, even though it's TI it won't work as specifed? :(

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Guys, I really need help. I'm going crazy. I am writing in Proteus thread because I am trying to make coil which will work with Proteus.

Sucessfull coil I was writing about was just lucky hit. Last 2 hours I'm trying to make a coil and I can't do it. I always go over 1.35 (even up to 2.5 wtf???) or I can't screw it nicely and it breaks. I give it up and tried with SS again just so I can vape something, anything, and even than I can't do it. :cry:

With SS it doesn't function as it should so it doesn't prevent burnt taste which I get all the time as I obviously always create shortage which I can't see.

Can anyone give me some link where I can see how to make and connect coil properly or to make short video with making TI coil for Proteus on Penelope mini. I am really going crazy and I don't have anything to vape on. This is frustrating.

And also, I'm supposedly using Titanium 1 (Titanium Wire-GR1 0.20mm / 0.008'' / AWG 32) and this calculator Coil wrapping and it says to get 1.3ohm I need about 9 wraps on 6mm lenght on 2.5 diameter. With this I always go over 2ohm.

Can anyone please, please help. I'm sick of it. :(

EDIT: Ok, I left it a side for a while to cool down little bit. This is what I got know, again it's over 1.35ohm (it's 1.7ohm TI coil) and I still don't know if it work at all:

Please look at the pictures and tell me if I'm doing something wrong and what? And also, what to do to get under or at 1.35ohm, this supposed to get there according to the calculator.

Last edited:

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
@Imeo, this is with TI, or at least they say it's TI. It's harder because it's lot springier and thinner but I am trying to make it work.

And this is how it works. I still have little bit strange taste but I must go with it as I don't have another option as new Provari will arrive in a coup;e of days and Tile can't wait. Ipower Nano from the video is not mine, I took it just to check resistance and gave it back.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Forum Rules

KEFTON

Feb 19, 2012
kos
hi imeo
I just want to say how much I enjoy my proteus it gives me the best taste and vapour apart from 2 reasons
1 the batteries their lifespan drives me mad so do we have a timetable as to when the conversion parts for esterigon will be ready?
2 when I put a new battery in it works fine for a while and then I get five orange lights and it then doesn't fire, I have checked the coil for shorts and built new ones they all look fine, what I have found is if i loosen the battery tube a bit and then tighten it up again it thinks I have put a new battery in and it works ok again for a while until the orange lights come back again and then I loosen the battery tube again and it then works again for a while any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread