Status
Not open for further replies.

Dontknow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Devon
Hi Imeo,
I am patiently waiting for proteus 711. I know its coming eventually so I need to know what the best tank to sit on her? I have penelope 1 and 2 and I dont think they will work on Proteus. So, what do I need and where can I buy in U.S.? Also what batteries are needed and what wire. Thanks in advance and than you for the incredible amount of work that its taking to bring Proteus to us.
Your Penny V2 should work just fine if it has the upgraded V3 res only setup. Most of the upgrade parts are on ESG site - might be worth checking the U.S. reseller?...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
No news kefto but a friend came on Vasilis store where I tried 2 temp mods. Sx titanium and another one with dna inside. On both of them, especially on SX, the electronic makes an annoying noise. Also they both gave me hard burned taste and of course they burned my wick at 280 degrees.

Now I understand why people dont trust temp devices any more. But VIR has solved all these issues a long time ago. We will delay but you will have a perfect product in your hands

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
The SX is just now getting official support for Ti, it's in beta I believe. But I would never use those devices because they're too large.
Yes the dicodes works well with temperature control. There's lots of things it need to improve but at least it's a reasonable size tube mod. In fact I've been using it exclusively for 1 month now and with it my drippers. All my gg mods are left in storage hoping the dicodes will join then soon when proteus comes out.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
dicodes is definitly a step up in the TC game ... it works pretty well for me as well (as of now my goto with titanium grade 1 on tilemahos), way better than DNA40 ... then there's the DNA200 on the pipe ... definitly not as plug&play as the VIR, but for the geeky vapers, the software looks very promissing.
Yeah it's really time for VIR to show off !!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Guys, unfortunately I have to say that there is a problem with these devices. They dont measure temp. They just work and make smoke. They keep temp in a level that no one knows. And thats the biggest issue here, together with a burned wick at high temps. In fact they dont do anything more than DNA did.

You are maybe used to these devices and you think that temp control is what you are using right now. You will be surprised by VIR.

Reactions: monkkx

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Imeo,

The biggest issues with the current TC mods are calibrating the base resistance of the build you have installed on your mod, second issue is "ambient temperature", that is, what's the temperature around you when you're vaping, and third issue, combine the first two problems and solve them.

From what can be seen on the videos about VIR/Proteus and the available documentation, VIR is good at solving these problems.

However, the proof of the pudding is in eating it. And your competitors gave us geeky-nerdy vapors enough pudding to taste it, and though none of them was outstanding great yet, they weren't exceptionally bad either. They are actually quite good if you know how to use them correctly, even the DNA40.

So I strongly disagree with you about current TC mods "just work and make smoke", indeed I feel very insulted by this remark, as I can certainly distinguish between a good vape and a harsh, burned, or even dry-hit vape. And rest assured, I wouldn't be using those "inferior" TC mods if they gave me any of these regularly!

Just because you can't handle them correctly (after testing them for how long, an hour?) doesn't mean they are not working. Those other manufacturers at least gave us something we can experiment with, learn from it, use it on a daily basis, and gather experience with. This is something that can't be told about VIR/Proteus, as you have to admit.

So, proof to us that your pudding is better than the others (by selling it finally), and until then, please be more polite with other TC mod's users as you might hit your own customers.

BR,
-lars.

firehorse66

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Marktredwitz, Germany
You're funny!
Do you get this devices for free to experiment with them, or did you pay for them?
Because I must be stupid, doing research and testing for something I have paid for.

That's the difference between Golden Greek and some other manufacturers.
Research and testing "before" selling!

I personally only buy and use Golden Greek since I got held my first GGTS in hand.
Why? ... just only for example:

1) Golden Greek devices you have for life and beyond.

2.) No "issues" ever with any devices from Golden Greek.
"Just also because Imeo would not sell something that could make trouble"

3.) in Golden Greek you invest and don't waste.

Corona Doble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Paris, France
4) GG develops its own solutions on all domains of vapegear
5) authenticity of products enhanced by constant evolution of a main concept (ie rolex oyster, 911, leica M, ..)
6) availibility of replacements and upgrade parts, not only for maintenance
7) unique transparent live access to the maker's projects & outstanding Guru customer service,
8) overhaul quality of finition, technical solutions, vape achieved
/..../

I'am a victim of an expensive dna40 boxmod, purchased 'to try' Ni-TC, In the last mails with the maker i would have to understand the TC function is an 'option' and invited to seat on any refunds :), some copper locking ring carefully used sticks on as-new 200€ tube mods, a 350€ filipino 26650 side button setup simply does not work, i doubt the maker will never send me back the device, fixed or not.

Yes, i can wait a bit more for a VIR device and for the fourth consecutive year, my holidays vapegear this summer will only be GG for objective reasons

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
You're funny!
Do you get this devices for free to experiment with them, or did you pay for them?
Because I must be stupid, doing research and testing for something I have paid for.
I pay all my equipment by myself, and I don't do "research and testing", I learn to use this stuff by, well using it, so that I get to understand TC vaping and have first-hand experience with it instead of relying on what others say about it.

My current TC setups are:
Tile v2 - evic VT - Ti 0.4 Ohm
Tile v2 - dicodes/Pipeline Pro2 - Ni200 twisted 0.12 Ohm
Tile v2 - rDNA40 - Ti 0.3 Ohm

All of them vape very well, which is not only because of the MODs but because of the Tilemahos' build and manufacturing quality, leading to the very good electrical properties required for TC vaping.

I hope that makes clear that I do like GG ;) I probably will also buy VIR once it becomes available for my Esterigon.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Well the evic has been shown to underestimate the temperature so realistically you shouldn't be getting the save vape from all of them. Which brings me to my next point. I've only been using a dicodes but the experience I get when switching from various drippers and my Tilemahos is not the same. At the same temperature, one dripper will produce an awesome vape while the other one mediocre. The dicodes has various small flaws as do all these devices.

Having said all this, the overall experience using a dicodes is way better than using a mech mod or a simple regulated device. I never get dry hits at the temperature I'm vaping and the flavour is just as I want it since I'm always getting a constant temperature out of it. Until the proteus comes along I'm happy to use it.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
lars, dont feel bad about my statement. Its the reality. The existing devices are DNA copies. Nothing new around. But temp control requires much more things that measuring the resistance of the wire while temp goes up during puff.

Just think of this: a VW device measures the resistance. The only new that temp devices do is to stop vaping when temp goes up more than a point. But as you said, there are a lot of problems that I tried to resolve on a temp device, like ambient temp, like burned wick on temps that really satisfy the user, like making a mod with serious contacts (and not a spring inside them), stop atomizer working when you go from one menu to another, work with all batteries, even with 3 volt ones, wireless construction, easy to put the electronic on and off of the mod, easy to install button, mechanical button, battery autobalance, etc.

All these things eat a loooot of time. But some things require our full attention. Especially the burned wick, burned taste and ambient temp. If we forget these factors, we will just make a VW device that stops when temp goes to a specific point. So why not buy a VW device? They are very good devices without the problems of temp devices.

As for your question of how long I tested the devices that I mention above? It was about 1 minute. No more, no less. But you dont need more than 1 min to see the obvious problems. And I explain myself. Do you need more than 1 min to hear the sound the electronic does when its working? Or do you need more than 1 min to burn your wick?

You also said that I dont know how to treat these devices. But I was the one that started thinking of temp devices 4 years ago, so I believe that I have much more experience than a simple user or modder. And thats why I tried to solve these problems that are still unsolved :)

The fact that you use GG Tilemahos for your vaping makes me really happy, and it shows the way that I am thinking. ONLY excellent devices on the market, NOT experimental devices that you pay for them and you throw them away in a while. I prefer to not eat your money now and then promising to you better devices on the future and eating more of your money

firehorse66

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Marktredwitz, Germany
4) GG develops its own solutions on all domains of vapegear
5) authenticity of products enhanced by constant evolution of a main concept (ie rolex oyster, 911, leica M, ..)
6) availibility of replacements and upgrade parts, not only for maintenance
7) unique transparent live access to the maker's projects & outstanding Guru customer service,
8) overhaul quality of finition, technical solutions, vape achieved
/..../

cooorrrrrrrect!
Thank you Corona

Reactions: imeothanasis

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Not only that Monk. The main issues for me is the burned taste and burned wick at temps higher than 220 where the wick doesnt get burned either. Also that fact that temp is not the right one and the result is vaping acrolein, formaldehyde and achetaldehyde. Thats the main issues for me. Health comes first, technical issues come after. But technical issues are important too.

If you dont have all the above on a temp device, better vape VW. Its way better, it works similar and without problems

KEFTON

Feb 19, 2012
kos
No news kefto but a friend came on Vasilis store where I tried 2 temp mods. Sx titanium and another one with dna inside. On both of them, especially on SX, the electronic makes an annoying noise. Also they both gave me hard burned taste and of course they burned my wick at 280 degrees.

Now I understand why people dont trust temp devices any more. But VIR has solved all these issues a long time ago. We will delay but you will have a perfect product in your hands
i just wonder what it will be like to hold something perfect in my hands because i dont know of many things in this world that are perfect, looking forward to it imeo

Reactions: imeothanasis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread