Status
Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Tell me about it. I sent 5 dna40 to the states and now they have to be sent again.

The argument here is not producing something imperfect. But I'm sure imeo could have done it perfect faster if it was a larger chip. He's been talking about VIR since 4 years I think and I'm pretty sure the size of the chip is the number one delay factor.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I can understand the frustration for Proteus. And that frustration comes out on the forums and towards imeo. And imeo takes these frustrations and sometimes mean comments with a gentle heart. He is here to help pave the way forward in the ecig community. And he can choose to never sell Proteus to anyone if he wants. That's the free market society for ya.

I can't really say much about Proteus because I've never used it. All I can say is what I've seen in the videos and what has been said by imeo.

I have been through plenty of mods. Most of them are broken. The reason for them breaking is mostly because of unreliable connections. Bad 510 connections and soldered wires breaking.

What I like about GG gear is that there are no soldered wires and they have reliable 510 connections. And if a part breaks we can buy spare parts to fix it. This is what we can do with all GG mods and we can do that with Proteus. A mechanical type of ecig with a chip...no soldered wires. An ecig mod is only as strong as it's weakest point. Doing away with soldered wires and unreliable springs makes a mod so much stronger.

I've spent many frustrating nights trying to get other mods to work, only to be left with disappointment. So I said, forget this....let's get a GG mod. And I'm glad I did. I can't say I haven't had slight issues with GG mods before, but the issues are nothing compared to having a completely broken and useless mod. Pretty much everything on or about a GG mod is fixable and user friendly.

Here's a picture of my ecig graveyard. The GG Tilemahos is in the forefront and that is the only working one. The rest are dead.
0ce430291dfcb7d4d748ad6964430c84.jpg

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
A mechanical type of ecig with a chip...no soldered wires.

Yeah, well, this is a strong point, I like it, too.
For me vaping does not really happen to be a hobby as for many other fellows out here - I vape to get my nic, I enjoy it and that's it. I don't want vaping to steal my time, I don't use exotic looking coils that take hours to build, I'm not interested in 100W whatsoever (hey, I vape at 12W :laugh:), I don't want hassles with my mods.
Just imagine: still using two provari, one V2 and one V2.5, on a daily basis; they had accidents, they fall on the ground at least a couple of times a week (one fell from my pocket riding motorcycle ... :lol:), worse that happened is the top cap got lifted a bit - put it down again with a hammer (not joking). Now this is the vaping gear I need, my free time I prefer to dedicate to other stuff than rebuilding atomizers/repairing mods...

Well anyway, let's hope to get news soon, my Pennys are sitting alone!

Dontknow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Devon
I want to say something.

I believe imeo wasted his time to make it small. But imeo likes small and he wants to sell small. We cannot argue with him. This issue has to be closed. People are saying he will not sell because it is small. Who cares? He put something in his mind, and a lot of people like small they will buy proteus.

Second, titanium. People stole his titanium idea. This is a fact. I know it for sure because I was here when it happened!

Third VIR has one important feature. It doesn't burn your cotton. With all other devices I am limited with the temperature of cotton burning. But when there is liquid this temperature is not reached. So if I put 500+ on other devices I will always scorch the cotton if not burn it all when liquid is finished.
Therefore with VIR you think about temperature suitable for liquid, with other devices you think about temperature suitable for cotton which is not right.

BUT imeo did a big mistake. He announced VIR too early. He announced titanium too early. Now everyone stole his idea of titanium. This is not right. But imeo you are way behind now. you should have made a version for box mods and released. But this is IMHO, not burning cotton no matter what and using titanium are 2 big inventions that noone can argue against.
All true IMHO.
Let's not forget what is/was supposed to follow Proteus... VIR for Esterigon and JustGG.
Some of the initial features of VIR on Proteus have fallen away due to size issues - would the same be true if a larger chip was used on the upgrades to Esterigon and JustGG?
Could the larger chip be brought to market quicker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: imeothanasis

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
I'm not sure if applying VIR to JGG or TS will provide so much more size maneuver ability.
the space inside the telescopes is already used for negative axis and CT with positive
Adjusted contact,to me it's not look too spacy inside unless the chip will aplly
To the outside or horizontally??? With a wider part??
Will wait and see.
Imeo will figure a way (or already did ;))
It's real crazy interestingly how Imeo will choose to apply VIR to the telescope's
Which I think are the Most widely use and produced GG's mod.

There is many variation to take on but what will be decide ha..

Just hope it will keep the personality of the JGGTS the way we come to like.

When I see sometimes what reacts he get for such I don't envy him at all,iron nerve
That's what he need to pass this and keep thinking strait.

Be strong Imeo and do us the best you can that's all I can ask :)

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
All true IMHO.
Let's not forget what is/was supposed to follow Proteus... VIR for Esterigon and JustGG.
Some of the initial features of VIR on Proteus have fallen away due to size issues - would the same be true if a larger chip was used on the upgrades to Esterigon and JustGG?
Could the larger chip be brought to market quicker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure it could (I hope) be on the market quickly. Pplleeeeze.:angel::banana:.

Reactions: imeothanasis

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
I've been absent a while but "just" because I don't feel to have the spare time to spend. I still vape my GGs and am pretty happy with them. Of course I wait for the Proteus as everyone but as a veteran I learned patience and saw many vaping gear coming and going. I stopped watching reviews as every week you get presented the new very best atomizer or mod that outperforms everything on the market. Still I get a decent vape out of my old Bully A2...
I also bought lots of vaping gear but the only gear that remains are my GGs (and some few other items to be fair). Of course I bought many GGs but basically my first GG still could serve me well, my GGs never failed for me (apart from the GG that fell seven floors deep on stones - but the Ithaka was fine).
Bottom Line - I will simply wait patiently for Proteus. Till then I enjoy vaping my GG4s+TilemahosV2, Esterigon+Tilemahos V1 and the other fellows! :)

P.S. Sorry for that Schäuble guy!

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
+1 Manni... Can't be bothered by trendy stuff these days. The GG's have proven to last after years of heavy use, and my interest in the GG has lasted for years also. Tile+GG4s, and Tile+Esterigon bring me such satisfaction these days also. My Just GG's and GGTS's get plenty of use also, well except for a couple that I almost never touch so won't feel the need to polish them. I look forward to puting VIR into an Esterigon! But patience is a skill for GG collectors.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I just kinda sped-read all this... so, the Proteus, next Tuesday for sure, since a year+ ago?

Thanks Imeo for the GGTS, you and Super T are the only mechs that have stayed with me since 2009/2010. Much love, much respect, and I hope to see the Proteus one of these years.

I'll check back in 2016.

Reactions: snork

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I really wanted to bring vir on the market much earlier sc. But I have to make it perfect. If its not perfect, its not a GG. Until then, you can vape the other stuff.

Thank you for your nice words and be sure that I am working for your pleasure only. Its easy for me to give you vir as it is right now and then make another version and another one later. But thats not my style. I suppose that this was not supert's style too.

By the way, as I have said before, a device that burns the wick is not a temp device. So better stay with your VV and VW devices. They work flawless and they also keep your money to your pocket

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
Oh man...VIR on a telescoping mod? Nice! 18350 to take to work, 18650 for home...

Imeo - last I remember was you saying you'll release them 700 at a time. Is this the case? So the first 700 in the coming weeks and the next 700 around early September or so? That's a very rough time frame of course it's just for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread