Proteus official

Status
Not open for further replies.

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
The difficult part is to make VIR work with GGTS-justGG. But I am working on it too.

Imeo - I know you want to satisfy everyone who uses and loves your products but you can't satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. As a JustGG owner I can see how it would be very, very difficult to make VIR (or any electronics) work well with the style switch. I love the mod without electronics, so for me electronics aren't necessary and I'm sure many JustGG and GGTS owners will agree that taking the industry forward is more important than stressing about satisfying everyone.

The Esterigon is already at a fantastic price and with VIR will still come at a better price than the majority of dna mods on the market while outperforming them in quality of vape and battery life. You have a real winner there and, even more so than the Proteus, I feel the Esterigon will really bring the VIR to the masses

Reactions: Sale Gosse

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Imeo - I know you want to satisfy everyone who uses and loves your products but you can't satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. As a JustGG owner I can see how it would be very, very difficult to make VIR (or any electronics) work well with the style switch. I love the mod without electronics, so for me electronics aren't necessary and I'm sure many JustGG and GGTS owners will agree that taking the industry forward is more important than stressing about satisfying everyone.

The Esterigon is already at a fantastic price and with VIR will still come at a better price than the majority of DNA mods on the market while outperforming them in quality of vape and battery life. You have a real winner there and, even more so than the Proteus, I feel the Esterigon will really bring the VIR to the masses
I understand what you say kd and I agree :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
My opinion is that now at the end of 2015 very very small market is interested in 18650 tube mod with electronics.
Box mod is the only option in terms of size, battery life, ergonomics and looks.
I can't even imagine going out of the house with 15cm long stick
But boxes with atomizer on them have the same length and they are too fat Beco:)
As for the look, let me doubt. You dont know how many people want a small thin and elegant device like Proteus rather than all these huge things that some people vape lol

Beco

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Istra
Imeo remember when you said you will not make clear tank for Tilemahos v2 because it is not needed, you changed your mind when your customers here on forum said they want it, and now 90% of sold Tilemahos are with clear tank.
I doubt that someone needs 700mAh TC device and boxes are more comfortable to hold and much smaller then tubes.
We are here to disagree, no hard feelings​

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
of course "no hard feelings" Beco. Thats the first rule to start a nice conversation.

I said that its not needed and thats true. But my customers wanted them. These are two different things. But your example seems a little out of the previous conversation :)

I said that Proteus is needed more than you think, especially if you compare it with box mods. Maybe I will make a box too but I will not compare it with Proteus. Proteus is a real e-cig with serious temp control when boxes are.... something

ps......Be sure that I dont like clear tanks but you know that already:)

Reactions: Beco

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Imeo remember when you said you will not make clear tank for Tilemahos v2 because it is not needed, you changed your mind when your customers here on forum said they want it, and now 90% of sold Tilemahos are with clear tank.
I doubt that someone needs 700mAh TC device and boxes are more comfortable to hold and much smaller then tubes.
We are here to disagree, no hard feelings​
Imeo changed his mind. He didn't like threads to show that's why he didn't like plastic. I understand him. Remember he used plastic with Ody long and ufs but never with penelope or tilemahos. At the end he had to do it when enough people asked him to.

Same for brass collector tank.

Our job is to nag. Keep on nagging until imeo changes his mind :)

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
As for the look, let me doubt. You dont know how many people want a small thin and elegant device like Proteus rather than all these huge things that some people vape lol

Yeah. Yes, please, go on with Proteus, go on with tubes. If many like battery boxes it's fine, but please go on with the usual form factor, too.
Apart from Proteus being a tiny and elegant mod (nope, I cannot always show up with big things in my hands, it's not always appropriate) I have issues with the aesthetics of the battery box + atom combination; I mean, every day I see people with square boxes with cylindrical atomizers on the top - what the ....! It's horrible!
I admit there's some acceptal boxes out there with little more gentle shape, but... nope. And still they are pretty big. A small, tiny object like a Joyetech egrip does make sense to me (I know, it has nothing to share with a battery box but it makes sense), but having a Tilemahos on top of the typical battery box does none and in fact I don't own any battery box.

Please Imeo do all the boxes you like, but don't give up on the tubular form factors.

breminator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Duisburg, Germany
Yeah. Yes, please, go on with Proteus, go on with tubes. If many like battery boxes it's fine, but please go on with the usual form factor, too.
Apart from Proteus being a tiny and elegant mod (nope, I cannot always show up with big things in my hands, it's not always appropriate) I have issues with the aesthetics of the battery box + atom combination; I mean, every day I see people with square boxes with cylindrical atomizers on the top - what the ....! It's horrible!
I admit there's some acceptal boxes out there with little more gentle shape, but... nope. And still they are pretty big. A small, tiny object like a Joyetech egrip does make sense to me (I know, it has nothing to share with a battery box but it makes sense), but having a Tilemahos on top of the typical battery box does none and in fact I don't own any battery box.

Please Imeo do all the boxes you like, but don't give up on the tubular form factors.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: i agree 100% and more lo zio :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

First of all, I totally agree with all you said Lo Zio.
Of course I will never give up on tube mods because I just agree with you lol

Why do I have to vape on a huge thing (2 batteries box mod) and an atomizer on it when I can do the same with a thin cylinder mod?

Chasing vaping time has no meaning because 18650 battery is more than enough. Also, chasing vaping time will lead us to put 3-4-5 batteries at the end. Maybe we can make a bag that carries a car battery inside and put it to our solders :laugh:

Reactions: Sale Gosse

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Let me explain: my hands feels more comfortable on a pyra piccolibri box than on a tube ... There's nothing you or I can do about it ... It just feels more ergonomic to me. Tastes are subjective, but I like a lot the aesthetic, and the shape fits perfectly with any tubular tank. For the autonomy and ease of use, the most handy device I've ever used is the vaporshark dna: 2500 mAh with usb fast charge. It's compact, last me a full day, and can be charged anywhere.
I believes box can be elegant, handy, compact, provide autonomy and ease of use. It's not better than proteus, but it fits a purpose that proteus doesn't. Ps:I'm giving brand names not to advertise competitors, but for better understanding.

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
Box vs tube is all about personal taste. I personally much prefer tubes, i know others much prefer boxes. If Imeo decides to satisfy everyone then that's great but this comes back to my previous post at the top of this page - you can't satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. Right now it's tubes, later on it may be boxes - but Imeo is one man and he can't focus on everything at once!

Reactions: imeothanasis

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
Yes, of course it's all about taste but also bout opportunity - sometimes I cannot really walk around with a big mod, that's a no go. And at the moment I use a provari mini with penelope V4 on top, not really huge stuff, but it makes more than an eyebrow raise. Something like Penelope + Proteus wouldn't or would less, at least.
Of course I'm not expecting the same battery life as the vaporhsark mentioned above, nor I'm hoping to push 100 W and go for cloud chasing; it's something different.
Still, the aesthetics of box+atom hurts me, I can't do anything about it.
I mean, I saw this:

5kTQ9w6.jpg

And ... it's ok, I guess. It's shorter than a tube, yes, at the same time it's wider, so I don't really have the feeling of saving space.
But I see people walking around with stuff like this:

mrEp2q7m.jpg

Come on guys, let's be serious... :lol:

Anyway, I'm aware I'm derailing the thread - sorry about that.
Let's hope for news soon!:)

Reactions: imeothanasis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread