Status
Not open for further replies.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
battery getting empty?
I have this too sometimes - at the end of batt-life. Waiting a bit and retry or reducing the temperature helps, but soon after that "Continuous slow LIGHT BLUE" blinking starts and then batt cut-off.
Maybe current too big/voltage goes down too much on a cold coil/battery?

I might be wrong...but that's how I interpreted it. You're right, can't find it in the manual. I thought I've read it somewhere and considered it a feature :)

PS: Using Efest V2 batteries

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
No no no nooooo:laugh:... Blackwater my friend, imeo means that he missed a small part of them, otherwise no Proteus would work!!!
But you're right. The way he wrote it can change the meaning.:)

Ahhhh, I see now. I thought he meant all. Thanks!

Reactions: steliosss

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
from time to time my Proteus does not fire and blinks red five times after releasing the button. This is especially reproducible when I vape and (more or less) immediately push the button again.
Sometimes this happens also after not using it for a minute and Proteus does not seem to get out of this state until I unscrew the venting cap and put it on again.
As your instructions do not state what the "five red blinks" mean it would be good to know what this means as I'd like to figure out where this problem (basically it's a kind of random "fires/fires not" experience) is coming from.
They are white blinks Stick but because this white is a combination of 3-4 colours it seems more like orange. Its the fact that your batteries are not charged or they are bad. Half of my batteries are bad because a lot of fake ones are in the market

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
battery getting empty?
I have this too sometimes - at the end of batt-life. Waiting a bit and retry or reducing the temperature helps, but soon after that "Continuous slow LIGHT BLUE" blinking starts and then batt cut-off.
Maybe current too big/voltage goes down too much on a cold coil/battery?

I might be wrong...but that's how I interpreted it. You're right, can't find it in the manual. I thought I've read it somewhere and considered it a feature :)

PS: Using Efest V2 batteries
exactly as you said Woita :)

Reactions: woita

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
They are white blinks Stick but because this white is a combination of 3-4 colours it seems more like orange. Its the fact that your batteries are not charged or they are bad. Half of my batteries are bad because a lot of fake ones are in the market

I'll confirm !!!!!!
I had 2 batteries AW IMR 14500 for almost 3 years waiting Proteus. They aren't working for more than 3-4 minutes and 5 orange blinks appears!!!!!!
I thought it was Proteus problem but then I buy a new one and....... thanks god!!!
Proteus is working for 1+ hour continiously with the temp in 5 blinks (220c).

In my opinion never put the temp above to 220c. If we want our batts to last a little longer.

MikePilgrim

May 10, 2016
Hello everybody,
yesterday i´ve got my Cybrillion and today the ups-guy brought my Proteus to me. Yes, it seems to be my GG-week.
Now I´m on the hunt for good 14500-batteries. Do you have any advice for me? Unprotected or better protected?
Sanyo UR14500P with 840 mAh (unprotected) or Efest IMR 14500 V1 (unprotected) or the protected Kepppower 14500 with 840 mAh?

Kind regards from germany
Mike

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
afaik you should (can) only use unprotected as it's not a mech, VIR will protect you

Be sure to buy nipple-top bateries. Afaik the Sanyo only come in flat-top and The Efest V1 are flat as well(?)

I've got the Efest V2 from akkuteile.de - since you're from Germany I guess that's a safe way to not get fakes. (But I've yet to check the scratch code on mine, will do so right now)

imho the Efest and AW are the only ones usable for Proteus that are available from akkuteile:

Edit: Scratch-checked the three I got from akkuteile.de last week - all genuine

Last edited:

notarobot

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2015
Germany
imho the Efest and AW are the only ones usable for Proteus that are available from akkuteile:

Seems so, yes.

Btw, has anyone tested Proteus with flat top batteries? I know Imeo said we should use button-top, but maybe it's worth a test. I have some flat-top Efest V1 which perform very good (Pene v4 & Nemesis mini) and their top is slightly raised, so I've not yet given up hope.

Reactions: imeothanasis

Thiesemann

Mar 9, 2016
it seems that they are everywhere Dan. We need a very serious source for them

Ordered my efest v2 accus from akkuteile.de.
Scratchcodes verified, that these are originals. I don't know, if they ship outside germany or D-A-C-H.

Don't be stingy on accus!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: imeothanasis

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Seems so, yes.

Btw, has anyone tested Proteus with flat top batteries? I know Imeo said we should use button-top, but maybe it's worth a test. I have some flat-top Efest V1 which perform very good (Pene v4 & Nemesis mini) and their top is slightly raised, so I've not yet given up hope.

Was discussed some pages back :)

It doesnt work with flat top batteries woita. You can put magnet on the battery but I dont really suggest it

The mech part isnt made yet and when it will be made it will be sold separately :)

there is no problem with the chip Black but there will be a problem with it in case the magnet moves while you screw the parts together to vape. It has happen to me twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread