Proteus official

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
I bet you didn't adjust the small brass bolt inside the venting cap and your batts don't make conductivity!!!
I did actually, I've made sure there's no rattle, made sure the battery is making good contact.
I also tried to remove the electronic part for a visual check, but the SS bolt is so tightly screwed that I'd either damage my scissors, my fingers, or the part itself ... so I only cleaned the 2 posts so far (by the way, is there a better tool to remove that part?)

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
monk, I tested 50 VIR and 3 of them had the same issue like yours. No program inside.

I am a little angry right now because engineer told me that he tested all of them. Anyway in a few words, I will test them 1 by 1 to be sure that all of them are programmed.

Please send the PCBA back to your GG seller and ask for a new one.

I told to all my sellers to test what they have 1 by one, so be sure that you will receive a full working one.

I just dont like the reputation of VIR go down only because someone forgot to program the chips!!

Last edited:

Otello

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Roma - Italy
www.facebook.com
I'll confirm !!!!!!
I had 2 batteries AW IMR 14500 for almost 3 years waiting Proteus. They aren't working for more than 3-4 minutes and 5 orange blinks appears!!!!!!
I thought it was Proteus problem but then I buy a new one and....... thanks god!!!
Proteus is working for 1+ hour continiously with the temp in 5 blinks (220c).

In my opinion never put the temp above to 220c. If we want our batts to last a little longer.

Well, I had EXACTLY the same experience Brem and Stelioss had. ;)
On my side I noticed;
- it's very important for battery life to stay in the range 0.5-0.6 ohm suggested by Imeo; higher resistances shorten battery life.
- it's a good idea to test the atom with a mod equipped with a display looking at the coil resistence while vaping; this way I realized that , maybe, my titanium is not grade 1.
- Before blaming the seller you got the titanium from, double check your coil; I learned the hard way that you may have the coils so close that they will short due to the expansion caused by heat.
- A good charger makes the difference is batteries performance, but today I understood it may also save money: under suggestion by Brem & Runar, I got a professional charger (Opus BT-C3100, about €60).
Using the test function, I discovered that most of the batteries that, after a reckless use with mechanics, I couldn't recharge with my old cheap, were still alive.

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
Imeo, has the order been placed for FMS yet? If so do you know when Jesse will be receiving them?

I'm really looking forward to finally uniting Penelope and Proteus. She's been getting really lonely but she has been incredibly faithful to her man and has yet to be mounted onto any other mods. (I realize that comment was slightly immature, but come on...it was kinda funny).

I've realized, as I've gotten older, that men never really mature. They just find more creative ways to hide their immaturity.

jesseseetai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
louisville, ky, usa
Imeo, has the order been placed for FMS yet? If so do you know when Jesse will be receiving them?

I'm really looking forward to finally uniting Penelope and Proteus. She's been getting really lonely but she has been incredibly faithful to her man and has yet to be mounted onto any other mods. (I realize that comment was slightly immature, but come on...it was kinda funny).

I've realized, as I've gotten older, that men never really mature. They just find more creative ways to hide their immaturity.

not yet. fms will place order at the end of this week

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
not yet. fms will place order at the end of this week
Sounds like a plan. Thank you so very much!

Will you be getting any of the clear tanks for the Penelope V4 mini anytime soon (and the brass caps)? Seeing the pics that others have posted....well, I'm jealous. They look awesome and, as another fellow member of the GG congregation expressed, I like to be able to see my liquid.

Thanks Jesse for everything!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Well, I had EXACTLY the same experience Brem and Stelioss had. ;)
On my side I noticed;
- it's very important for battery life to stay in the range 0.5-0.6 ohm suggested by Imeo; higher resistances shorten battery life.
- it's a good idea to test the atom with a mod equipped with a display looking at the coil resistence while vaping; this way I realized that , maybe, my titanium is not grade 1.
- Before blaming the seller you got the titanium from, double check your coil; I learned the hard way that you may have the coils so close that they will short due to the expansion caused by heat.
- A good charger makes the difference is batteries performance, but today I understood it may also save money: under suggestion by Brem & Runar, I got a professional charger (Opus BT-C3100, about €60).
Using the test function, I discovered that most of the batteries that, after a reckless use with mechanics, I couldn't recharge with my old cheap, were still alive.

you said everything it had to be told Otello. You are exactly right! The only thing I want to notice is about charger. The one you mention is great but expensive and not exactly what we need because it goes up to 4,2. There are chargers that go further than this. For example, my charger is a cheap one but it charges up to 4,22. This very small difference can give up to 20% more battery life!!

Reactions: Otello

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
But you forgot to tell us the brand of your charger, so we may order the same. ;-)

BTW, mine paid himself during day 1: I recovered 4 18650, 4 18500, 3 14500 and 1 10440, all presumed dead, using the test function.

fantastic Otello! Yes, some charges can do that if they are at the price you mention. By the way, mine is the intellicharger:

i4 | Nitecore

hello,
I don't get my proteus working. tried different recommended 14500 batteries (AWs an Efest), disassembled the mod and cleaned all contacts etc.

After installing the battery a GREEN light blinks 11 times followed by a longer BLUE light. So far so good.
After attaching an atomizer (tried different ones all with Ti Grade 1 coils at around 0.6 - 0.8 ohms) and pressing the button 5 times there is a BLUE light blinking 3 times followed by a GREEN light blinking 11 times followed by a longer BLUE light. thats all I can do with proteus so far.
any idea how i can fix it or what i am doing wrong?

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
wait :) Imeo, are you sure?
He has the blinks (the one w/o software did not do anything, did it?), and what he describes, it sounds exactly like what happened with mine when I got it.

I can't say exactly what I did, but disassembling it twice, taking out the battery many times and cursing a lot eventually helped:
Proteus official
Proteus official

Don't give up just yet. In some other post Imeo mentioned a "varnish" he put on that might prevent a good contact:
Proteus official

Good luck, rapha.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
excellent, great news rapha.
seems that VIR sometimes needs a little attention before it decides to work :D
but when it does...it does so perfectly.

after almost one week with Proteus - not a single burnt hit or anything fishy. definitely the best tc out there imho (comparing to 2 DNA40, 2 DNA25, 2 Evic VTC chips here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread