protovapor xpv

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
Take it you are asking me frazz. I ordered the full size one in black with smooth buttons. Bummer it uses a tabbed battery. Was expecting some sort of battery holder with a spring. Will make replacing the thing a bit more of a pain.

From the battery options on the site, i was expecting spring holder as well..... I haven't opened mine, but I assume there must be something soldered to the battery... Oh well, if I get a year on the battery I guess I will be happy. I have IMRs a year old that still function.

Last edited:

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
From the battery options on the site, i was expecting spring holder as well..... I haven't opened mine, but I assume there must be something soldered to the battery... Oh well, if I get a year on the battery I guess I will be happy. I have IMRs a year old that still function.

Oh you can get them that come from the factory with tabs, just not on a vape site. Will have to hunt up a battery supplier that carries them with tabs. Bet someone in the build your own threads would know a place.

mtlblade1

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
montana
dna20-1.jpg

mine came in.. i like it so far.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
i am loving it. mine came with 6 beauty rings 3 colored and 3 chrome.
only gripe i have is the lack of any sort of juice well with the exposed ego connection.if you over drip it will run down the mod.
and a fyi it has a adjustable center post . it also has full access to all the dna 20 functions

Understand finish washers will work as drip wells.

Stainless 37WC 3/8" finish washer cntrsink - G&S Fastening

Problem is from what I can make out from the pictures I don't think there would be enough room for one. It would get in the way of the top case screws.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
I'm thinking of getting one soon...so the battery you can't like change it yourself? I was hoping you can. Anyway got an email from them saying by end of this month, they're coming out with a low profile / flush connector. I'm going to wait for this.

LOL

Figures, I just get mine and a new one is announced.

Well vape mail showed up. My first impression was man is this thing light! Been using a ProVari and REO which are both heavy artillery. This thing is more like a fighter jet. As far as build quality? Is it a ProVari... no it's not but it ain't far behind. Everything is tight, straight and well finished. As soon as I unpacked it I topped up the battery (only took a couple of minutes) charger and indicator light works fine. So far so good. Screw on my hypertank with a 2.2 ohm head on it that I had been running yesterday on my ProVari at 3.6 volts. Now not having a clue what to set the XPV at I ran it down to 7 .0W. I should mention here that the XPV read the ohms at 2.0. I will try and do a comparison between my ProVari, multi meter and XPV a later date. Anyways... started vaping and was greeted with a smooth cloud of vape that did not seem to have a curve to it. I don't know how else to explain it. My ProVari kind of starts off slow and builds up as the draw continues. The XPV hits hard and steady throughout the draw. I actually kind of shortened my draws with the XPV. Now this may be all in my head but time will tell as I use it. Flavor was the same as what I was getting from my ProVari and when I checked the volts the XPVs firing at it read 3.7. Almost exactly where I had the ProVari set at.

The button and wheel work smoothly. I like that the readout stays on so I don't have to hunt for the units status. Checking battery status is a pain on a REO... get out the multi meter. LOL

The only thing that I don't like so far is when I put the cosmetic ring and my tank on and snug them up with each other there's about a 1/6th of an inch gap at the bottom between the ring and the top of the unit. Nothing that a O ring from the hardware store can't fix.

All in all my first night vaping with the XPV I am extremely pleased with my new machine. Will add some more thoughts as time goes by.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread