Proud moment / question for former non-menthol smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke23

Aug 3, 2013
SC, USA
Recently I asked about basically a shorter version of the Ego-V and didn't really get an answer, but I found mine just not in that product line... I sprung for the Innokin iTaste V3. I had been eyeing it for a while in the local store but didn't really want to drop the money on it at the time. Great little machine that thing is though. It's around the physical size I was looking for to carry with me, the 800mah battery should last me a bit, and the pass-through that works on the same plug / current as my phone was a good selling point too. The VW setting and resistance meter is quite nice also - I checked all the iClear 16s that came with it and one of them registered a 4.0... That could have been interesting. Anyway this isn't what this post was about, I am just excited about my next step up in hardware :)

This post is about my cousin. I mentioned in another thread that the hardest part about not smoking analogs for me was while drinking and that I tend to end up smoking a few, but last night I drank quite a bit with him and didn't touch a single one! Didn't even want one that bad. He sat beside me and chain smoked while I chain vaped. So that was my proud moment, and it brings me to this: I've been trying to convert him to e-cigs for a while now and I think I finally have his attention. I'm willing to give him one of my backup batteries and a clearo or two to help him get started. Anyway he asked me something I couldn't answer. He wants to know if there is any "non-menthol cigarette flavored" e-liquid that's good, or what people who smoked full flavors usually go for. He "likes" a lot of the flavors I have, but thinks it will make the transition easier if he starts with something that tastes like a full flavor cigarette. I started with straight menthol juice so I can't say I blame him for thinking that. Any ideas? I haven't noticed any juice like that and I remember people telling me that the full flavor prefilled cigalikes were horrible so I don't want to steer him toward something with a similar flavor.

Just thought I'd ask here before I try to direct him to anything specific. I learned everything useful that I know about this stuff from hanging around here. I'm gonna try to catch a couple more hours of sleep and check back. Thanks in advance :)

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I am sure you will get a ton of replies. I personally discovered immediately - that although i THOUGHT I would want tobacco flavors I preferred anything but. My fiance, however, likes 3 tobacco flavors and thats IT. LOL. His favorites out of TONS of sampling are Roar J55, Roar Old Man Juice and Mister E 616.

Taste, however, is VERY subjective and varies from person to person. Also Roar Cigroar and Poison were close runners up and if he didnt feel like carrying extra tanks were a hassle he would have those in his rotation.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
find a place that has sample sizes, and order a bunch of different flavours. taste is subjective. also, as you probably know, the tobacco flavours are the unburned tobacco flavours, they taste nothing like a cigarette. perhaps they taste like chew? I've never tried chew, so I don't know.
i know halocigs has sample packs, you can get them in tobacco and gourmet flavours.
tribeca from halo is very popular, and I love it.

Duke23

Aug 3, 2013
SC, USA
Thanks for the suggestions. We do have a local store but I didnt see anything like what he wants on their flavor list, I will definitely take him in there to try some things though. I dont think he will stay on tobacco flavored juice very long either but if thats what the man wants... lol I just don't want him to get discouraged and think he HAS to vape some off the wall berry or pastry flavor. Menthol is easy, I have about the same taste range as most guys have for colors so it tastes pretty much like mint to me... I quickly found myself mixing it with some fruity flavors to tone it down for an "all day vape" and I very rarely vape a straight menthol anymore. Right now I have a pretty nice mix of about 60/40 menthol and blueberry.

I will pass along the suggestions and maybe we will put our money together and order a bunch of things to try. I havent actually ordered any flavors yet and I'd like to see what else is out there, I am always a little nervous about buying before I try.

Last edited:

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
find a place that has sample sizes, and order a bunch of different flavours. taste is subjective. also, as you probably know, the tobacco flavours are the unburned tobacco flavours, they taste nothing like a cigarette. perhaps they taste like chew? I've never tried chew, so I don't know.
i know halocigs has sample packs, you can get them in tobacco and gourmet flavours.
tribeca from halo is very popular, and I love it.

to me they taste like what pipe tobacco smells like. if that makes sense, then i'm sorry, its an off day for my irreverence.

and yes, Halo's Tribeca is pure win, although may be a tad on the sweet side for someone used to full flavors.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
My son recently asked me to make up a starter kit (with juices) for his best friend who smoked 'red menthol' (which I thought meant Marlboro but was actually American Spirits). To make a long story short, far-and-away his favorite flavor was an extremely harsh tobacco/menthol blend because it gave him the 'throat hit' he was used to. (And it was 50/50 PG/VG so good vapor production.)

I think for beginning vapers, 'taste' is not so important (after all, they've been smoking cigarettes :) ). When you're looking for something, I'd definitely include at least one or two that are strong/harsh and preferably at least 50% VG for good vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread