Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone out there know of, or have, a ProVape-1 for sale? Love to have one to round out the "collection"!

Last time I was in this shop, they still had one in the display case. Give 'em a call...

HIDDEN vape
  • 22714 Ventura Blvd,
  • Woodland Hills,CA
  • 818-222-8828

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
I do have a Provape-1, maybe it was one of tha lastit of the last articles offered on the Provape website last year. I have a small problem though.

At first, when I used it with different non-AW-batteries, I noticed that they are too short for the device. They are also too thin but that does not matter that much.

OK, Provape says I should use AW batteries with button top, so I bought them.

But they too rattle a bit in the Provape-1.

Does anyone have an idea how to stop it?

Anyone out there know of, or have, a ProVape-1 for sale? Love to have one to round out the "collection"!

Here (Hungary) you can buy one:

ProVape-1 Orok Garancia - Elektromos cigaretta webáruház

:)

Reactions: JetLiOrigami

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I do have a Provape-1, maybe it was one of tha lastit of the last articles offered on the Provape website last year. I have a small problem though.

At first, when I used it with different non-AW-batteries, I noticed that they are too short for the device. They are also too thin but that does not matter that much.

ProVape-1 Orok Garancia - Elektromos cigaretta webáruház

Have you tried stretching the spring yet?

Reactions: nebulis

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Yes, a little bit. I don't want to overstretch.

I wonder if I am the only one with this rattling problem - and if Provape offers any advice on it?
They can offer advice, and if I am not mistaken... A Lifetime Warranty.
The ProVape-1 has a lifetime warranty.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA

ProVape-1 Orok Garancia - Elektromos cigaretta webáruház

If memory serves my right Provape recommends the protected batteries for the Provape 1, not the red AW's. The reds are a little smaller then the protected so they rattle a little. It still works and I have never had a problem with them. As far as I know they never sold the red AW 4500's.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
Stubby and AstroTurf,

thank you for your answers.

But Provape sells the red ones for the Provape-1: AW IMR High Drain 14500 Battery and as far as I know, it is generally not recommended to use protected batteries if the mod itself has electronic protection?

I did stretch the spring a bit more now and it seems to help.
I want to be careful with manipulations like this because if I ruin something, sending the device from Europe to Provape is more of a hassle than sending it from within the USA.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
Yes Jim, but to pay $ 39,00 for shipping a $ 0,95 spring is not really an option - this is why I am very careful with the only spring I have :)
It was just silly not to think about spares at the time I ordered the Provape-1.

But maybe I can find a 2.5 spare spring in Europe, thank you for the information (that it is the same).

PS
Hallelujah - ProVape ProVari V2 - Ersatzfeder - thanks again, I really did not know that the 2.5 spring would fit. Now I can apply some more force to my spring nr. 1

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Stubby and AstroTurf,

thank you for your answers.

But Provape sells the red ones for the Provape-1: AW IMR High Drain 14500 Battery and as far as I know, it is generally not recommended to use protected batteries if the mod itself has electronic protection?

I did stretch the spring a bit more now and it seems to help.
I want to be careful with manipulations like this because if I ruin something, sending the device from Europe to Provape is more of a hassle than sending it from within the USA.
When I bought my provape 1 they did not sell the red AW's but only the protected. That has obviously changed. They reason it is a little loose is because the provape 1 was designed for the protected. I had to dig out my old batteries, the ones I bought with the provape, and the only one that was sold at the time by Provape for the provape 1. It was a black AW IC 750 mAh protected battery. There is nothing wrong with your provape 1 if the red AW's are a bit loose.

I don't know why it would be not be recommended to not use protected batteries in a device that has electronic protection. Certainly not in this case. It is simply an extra layer of protection. The reason it is generally not recommended is because the protected have less amperage discharge then the red's. With the Provape 1 the limit set by the device likely is greater then the protected battery so it doesn't matter. A few people have claimed to get better results with the red's, but that is pretty questionable.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
I don't know why it would be not be recommended to not use protected batteries in a device that has electronic protection. Certainly not in this case. It is simply an extra layer of protection. The reason it is generally not recommended is because the protected have less amperage discharge then the red's. With the Provape 1 the limit set by the device likely is greater then the protected battery so it doesn't matter.

Yes, I am sure you are right here, but amperage discharge rate and similar more complex bits of vaping science represent depths that people like me seldom reach .
So I was happy to memorize that one protection instance suffices if one does not want them to collide somehow ;) .

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
They definitely need to bring these back! I have just been entrusted with one from a dear member here and wish to add a few more in my line-up. I have not put this down yet and I dont see me sharing with hubby sooo...I need backups and he needs his own! I'll be on the hunt for more Provape-1 till Provape sees the error of their ways and adds them back to their site. Maybe in Titanium!!

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
The first ones were colored. It would be sweet if they made a limited run of them, but with the 2.5's selling for just a little more, and the same, in some cases, ProVape probably doesn't believe they would sell. I'd wager if they made a run of 1000, they would sell out in a week or less...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread