ProVape-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
So, I was interested in getting a replacement device for my Ego style batteries. I have a kayfun Mini that I just love to use when I'm out and about, and don't really feel like hauling around my Provari. I've been looking at 14500 and 16340 mods, and I keep coming back to the ProVape. Sure, I wish it was regulated, but I can't find anything decent out there that is.

So, my question to you all is: does anyone out there have one of these and use it on a regular basis, and how do you like it? Does it perform well? Do you use protected batteries with voltage cutoff, or just go unprotected? Okay, I know, its a few more than one question, but I'm really curious. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
22_standard_halfling.jpg TinyTank.jpg

You would have to switch from clearomizers to a cartotank, but to shorten your setup a halfling cartotank from IBTanked sounds like it would be right up your alley. Above are two examples of a halfling cartotank on a Provari. These are half the height of a standard size cartotank, and use shorty cartomizers which can be found on the IBTanked website.

I have one of these on a Smoktech Gripper (3rd pic above). This halfing is only a 15mm wide tank, but for a Provape-1 I'd say a 19mm wide tank would suit best. IBTanks can be ordered in 15, 19, 22, and 25mm wide diameters.

IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

You will want to use only normal resistance coils if you use an RBA/RDA on a 14500 battery. This battery is just too small to do sub-ohms, and won't have the amp limit to do so either. I recommend the red AW IMR batteries, as does Provape. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/487949-question-tech-engineers-provape-about-protected-trustfire-batteries.html

Last edited:

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
View attachment 281887 View attachment 281891

You would have to switch from clearomizers to a cartotank, but to shorten your setup a halfling cartotank from IBTanked sounds like it would be right up your alley. Above are two examples of a halfling cartotank on a Provari. These are half the height of a standard size cartotank, and use shorty cartomizers which can be found on the IBTanked website.

I have one of these on a Smoktech Gripper (3rd pic above). This halfing is only a 15mm wide tank, but for a Provape-1 I'd say a 19mm wide tank would suit best. IBTanks can be ordered in 15, 19, 22, and 25mm wide diameters.

You will want to use only normal resistance coils if you use an RBA/RDA on a 14500 battery. This battery is just too small to do sub-ohms, and won't have the amp limit to do so either. I recommend the red AW IMR batteries, as does Provape. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/487949-question-tech-engineers-provape-about-protected-trustfire-batteries.html

Yeah, I figure I would be winding a 5-6 wind 2mm micro coil with 32 gauge giving me somewhere in the mid to high 1 ohms. Should be just about right. Just kinda of concerned about declining performance as battery discharges. Oh heck, what does it really matter anyways. Batteries are cheap, and if it gets too weak, just deal in a new one. I've got to quit worrying so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RPM_Redline

Oct 6, 2013
Newtown, PA
Bad,

What did you use to bring the connection up to the top on the gripper? I like that setup.

My gripper is a tank! Best bang for the buck IMO. Plus it takes a beating :)

Thanks

View attachment 281887 View attachment 281891

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread