Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
What was that all about, Opi(nionated)?

It was just them saying hi to the community, and basically advertising themselves as a supplier and advertising their product.

Not sure why it was deleted? Other than maybe they didn't get permission first or something? But it was just hi we are here.. this is who we are..

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
It was just them saying hi to the community, and basically advertising themselves as a supplier and advertising their product.

Not sure why it was deleted? Other than maybe they didn't get permission first or something? But it was just hi we are here.. this is who we are..
Anyone who is " in the business" is not allowed to post in the open forums, and must be registered as a supplier, and they are also restricted to the supplier sub forums.

Sadly I wasn't following any vaping news over the winter so have only learnt of the closure of Provape two weeks ago. To say I was shocked is an understatement, I still am, I'm actually going though a very real grieving process, and yes, I have cried. I am distraught. People may laugh at that and poke fun at me, I don't care.

I was hoping to buy a Procyon (black) and Radius (Purple/Bronze) this year to go with my two Celtic Knot P3's which are in daily use. I have now purchased a second hand P3 at a good price as a spare for the future (sadly another Celtic Knot but it's better than not having a spare) and am presently trying to get my head around justifying buying a new Radius I have found for sale at full original price. I am not rich by any means, and buying the Radius will put a severe dent in my credit card. I know I will feel very guilty buying it but my life will be severely negatively affected if I don't. I know that sounds silly but considering I used to smoke upto 60 a day for 30+ years, I can honestly say vaping has changed my life and Provape and Zen have had a massive part to play in that change.

On a related subject, Phil Busardo has in the last couple of days posted a three part Video in which Zen has been totally open about how and why Provape closed and what he did to try and save it. It's obvious from watching the video that he's absolutly gutted at not being able to save Provape. I'm glad Zen has spoken out about this as it will halt the gossip. Provape definitely did not 'fail' or close because it was 'no longer valid in this modern more watts fewer ohms' world we live in. As Zen says (controversially as always but I for one agree with him) The needs of smokers who are trying to give up has not changed. IMO those who mock or laugh at Provapes closure are a disgrace to the vaping community.

I vape to not smoke and 9 watts is all I need to do that (Other people may want more watts but hey it's a free world!). But it's not just the wattage, it's the quality of those watts which is important. I have an Innokin Coolfire IV (my only 'box' mod) and it takes around 11 watts on that (with a Kabuki) to match the 9 watts from the P3. However it's not just that. I know that if I were holding a Radius instead of a Coolfire 4 the world would seem a better place to be in.

Although I live in the UK I am angry for those who live in the USA (and those in Australia and other such countries). Vaping saves lives. I am all for regulation, but sensible regulation. In the UK the TPD decrees a max of 10ml of e-liquid, whilst chemicals such as bleach and things like disinfectants (I recently bought some Dettol which didn't come with a childproof cap!) has no limit to the max size one can buy.

Sorry about my rant but as I say I am distraught at learning that Provape has closed. Not just for me, but for smokers who wish to give up smoking, and for the industry as a whole.

I suppose the good thing is that Provape devices are built to last. However long I have left in this world, I am confident that my Provaris will outlast me.

Now all I need to do is get over my guilt and buy that Radius . . . . .

Ali.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
On a related subject, Phil Busardo has in the last couple of days posted a three part Video in which Zen has been totally open about how and why Provape closed and what he did to try and save it. It's obvious from watching the video that he's absolutly gutted at not being able to save Provape. I'm glad Zen has spoken out about this as it will halt the gossip. Provape definitely did not 'fail' or close because it was 'no longer valid in this modern more watts fewer ohms' world we live in. As Zen says (controversially as always but I for one agree with him) The needs of smokers who are trying to give up has not changed. IMO those who mock or laugh at Provapes closure are a disgrace to the vaping community.

Thank you for mentioning that video - it was well worth the watch. Zen gave the vaping community some closure on what happened and reinforced my desire to use ProVari devices for the rest of my days.

ChuffPuffer, due to a personal crisis since December, I as well only recently learned about Provape. I was stunned. I cried, too. I think I have 14 to 18 ProVaris, Classics to P3. No matter what else occurred in the vaping industry, I guess I thought Provape would always be there.
I live in the U.S. and the power of the FDA is frightening. For many reasons, this is the first period of time I've ever been afraid of my own government.
(grin) Now to replace and buy back-ups for all my AW IMR 18490 batteries before the FDA goes after them, too! And when I can finally breathe in a month or so, give my beloved ProVaris a deep, loving cleaning!
[/QUOTE]

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Snip...
I live in the U.S. and the power of the FDA is frightening. For many reasons, this is the first period of time I've ever been afraid of my own government. Snip...
[/QUOTE]
This right here is the problem and partly why Trump got elected. It may be time to remind our officials that they work for us and are not our rulers or parents. Sadly it's getting dangerously close to needing to make that point punctuated by the barrel of a gun.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
[/QUOTE

Now all I need to do is get over my guilt and buy that Radius . . . . .

Ali.[/QUOTE]

Buy it now that there is a chance. Think of it as an investment. At least that's what I explain to my conscience every time the credit card balance arrives.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
ChuffPuffer, due to a personal crisis since December, I as well only recently learned about Provape. I was stunned. I cried, too. I think I have 14 to 18 ProVaris, Classics to P3. No matter what else occurred in the vaping industry, I guess I thought Provape would always be there.
I live in the U.S. and the power of the FDA is frightening. For many reasons, this is the first period of time I've ever been afraid of my own government.
(grin) Now to replace and buy back-ups for all my AW IMR 18490 batteries before the FDA goes after them, too! And when I can finally breathe in a month or so, give my beloved ProVaris a deep, loving cleaning!
[/QUOTE]

If batteries become unavailable we are doomed! [emoji24]

I hope that the shops down here will be able to import them from China!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
If anyone is still looking for a 2.5 I found some here for a good price. Provari 2.5 Picked up a dragon, black/white and red/black myself and it looks like they have quite a few colors in stock.
Thanks, they had the metallic bronze in stock :) 42...or is that 43... don't remember if I accounted for the Radius in the roundup :lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Ca!!! You're so bad. I actually clicked on the link like I NEEEEEEEEED another 2.5!! No, E., I'm not anywhere even close to your count, but dammit, I AM tempted!

Thanks, they had the metallic bronze in stock :) 42...or is that 43... don't remember if I accounted for the Radius in the roundup :lol:

Love the small print. ;)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ca!!! You're so bad. I actually clicked on the link like I NEEEEEEEEED another 2.5!! No, E., I'm not anywhere even close to your count, but dammit, I AM tempted!

Love the small print. ;)
small and quiet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread