Toronto
VapeProvariDragon.jpg

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Opinionated, many, many thanks. Good, old RTD. I think I also see AW button top 18650s and 18350s, both needed as well. Ouch, my credit card.
Been so long since I've been able to play on ECF and I run into the Provarinati, old and new. There's hope in the world yet.
Don't forget your ecf discount code...

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I knew I should have stayed off this forum now I have to order a Dragon. LOL. I will tell my hubby it is a replacement for my glow in the dark one that walked away. Can not find it anywhere!!!!

Just don't forget where you hid the the one with the glow, so in a month or so you can say you found it. :)

KAS

Sorry I know nothing about any discount code. :(

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I knew I should have stayed off this forum now I have to order a Dragon. LOL. I will tell my hubby it is a replacement for my glow in the dark one that walked away. Can not find it anywhere!!!!

I broke down and ordered the Dragon also.. lol.. it's a beautiful piece!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Sadly I wasn't following any vaping news over the winter so have only learnt of the closure of Provape two weeks ago. To say I was shocked is an understatement, I still am, I'm actually going though a very real grieving process, and yes, I have cried. I am distraught. People may laugh at that and poke fun at me, I don't care.

I was hoping to buy a Procyon (black) and Radius (Purple/Bronze) this year to go with my two Celtic Knot P3's which are in daily use. I have now purchased a second hand P3 at a good price as a spare for the future (sadly another Celtic Knot but it's better than not having a spare) and am presently trying to get my head around justifying buying a new Radius I have found for sale at full original price. I am not rich by any means, and buying the Radius will put a severe dent in my credit card. I know I will feel very guilty buying it but my life will be severely negatively affected if I don't. I know that sounds silly but considering I used to smoke upto 60 a day for 30+ years, I can honestly say vaping has changed my life and Provape and Zen have had a massive part to play in that change.

On a related subject, Phil Busardo has in the last couple of days posted a three part Video in which Zen has been totally open about how and why Provape closed and what he did to try and save it. It's obvious from watching the video that he's absolutly gutted at not being able to save Provape. I'm glad Zen has spoken out about this as it will halt the gossip. Provape definitely did not 'fail' or close because it was 'no longer valid in this modern more watts fewer ohms' world we live in. As Zen says (controversially as always but I for one agree with him) The needs of smokers who are trying to give up has not changed. IMO those who mock or laugh at Provapes closure are a disgrace to the vaping community.

I vape to not smoke and 9 watts is all I need to do that (Other people may want more watts but hey it's a free world!). But it's not just the wattage, it's the quality of those watts which is important. I have an Innokin Coolfire IV (my only 'box' mod) and it takes around 11 watts on that (with a Kabuki) to match the 9 watts from the P3. However it's not just that. I know that if I were holding a Radius instead of a Coolfire 4 the world would seem a better place to be in.

Although I live in the UK I am angry for those who live in the USA (and those in Australia and other such countries). Vaping saves lives. I am all for regulation, but sensible regulation. In the UK the TPD decrees a max of 10ml of e-liquid, whilst chemicals such as bleach and things like disinfectants (I recently bought some Dettol which didn't come with a childproof cap!) has no limit to the max size one can buy.

Sorry about my rant but as I say I am distraught at learning that Provape has closed. Not just for me, but for smokers who wish to give up smoking, and for the industry as a whole.

I suppose the good thing is that Provape devices are built to last. However long I have left in this world, I am confident that my Provaris will outlast me.

Now all I need to do is get over my guilt and buy that Radius . . . . .

Ali.

You get a big gold star for this post !

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
I had never seen the Dragon before and when I saw it I had to have it. Order placed with a little juice for the free shipping since I couldn't find a discount code. That's a fair trade according to my shoppaholic brain. Hubby really doesn't mind as long as I NEVER smoke again.

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
Sadly I wasn't following any vaping news over the winter so have only learnt of the closure of Provape two weeks ago. To say I was shocked is an understatement, I still am, I'm actually going though a very real grieving process, and yes, I have cried. I am distraught. People may laugh at that and poke fun at me, I don't care.

I was hoping to buy a Procyon (black) and Radius (Purple/Bronze) this year to go with my two Celtic Knot P3's which are in daily use. I have now purchased a second hand P3 at a good price as a spare for the future (sadly another Celtic Knot but it's better than not having a spare) and am presently trying to get my head around justifying buying a new Radius I have found for sale at full original price. I am not rich by any means, and buying the Radius will put a severe dent in my credit card. I know I will feel very guilty buying it but my life will be severely negatively affected if I don't. I know that sounds silly but considering I used to smoke upto 60 a day for 30+ years, I can honestly say vaping has changed my life and Provape and Zen have had a massive part to play in that change.

On a related subject, Phil Busardo has in the last couple of days posted a three part Video in which Zen has been totally open about how and why Provape closed and what he did to try and save it. It's obvious from watching the video that he's absolutly gutted at not being able to save Provape. I'm glad Zen has spoken out about this as it will halt the gossip. Provape definitely did not 'fail' or close because it was 'no longer valid in this modern more watts fewer ohms' world we live in. As Zen says (controversially as always but I for one agree with him) The needs of smokers who are trying to give up has not changed. IMO those who mock or laugh at Provapes closure are a disgrace to the vaping community.

I vape to not smoke and 9 watts is all I need to do that (Other people may want more watts but hey it's a free world!). But it's not just the wattage, it's the quality of those watts which is important. I have an Innokin Coolfire IV (my only 'box' mod) and it takes around 11 watts on that (with a Kabuki) to match the 9 watts from the P3. However it's not just that. I know that if I were holding a Radius instead of a Coolfire 4 the world would seem a better place to be in.

Although I live in the UK I am angry for those who live in the USA (and those in Australia and other such countries). Vaping saves lives. I am all for regulation, but sensible regulation. In the UK the TPD decrees a max of 10ml of e-liquid, whilst chemicals such as bleach and things like disinfectants (I recently bought some Dettol which didn't come with a childproof cap!) has no limit to the max size one can buy.

Sorry about my rant but as I say I am distraught at learning that Provape has closed. Not just for me, but for smokers who wish to give up smoking, and for the industry as a whole.

I suppose the good thing is that Provape devices are built to last. However long I have left in this world, I am confident that my Provaris will outlast me.

Now all I need to do is get over my guilt and buy that Radius . . . . .

Ali.
I feel you. FDA, Nicoticket and now ProVape it is very sad especially all of the smokers that these two companies could have saved. It is funny what you said about your ProVaris outlasting you because I had just said the exact thing to my hubby. I have enough nic in the freezer, ProVaris and Nautis to last until my last breath. I just have to learn to rebuild the coils. LOL. Good luck to us all!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I had never seen the Dragon before and when I saw it I had to have it. Order placed with a little juice for the free shipping since I couldn't find a discount code. That's a fair trade according to my shoppaholic brain. Hubby really doesn't mind as long as I NEVER smoke again.
I think you'll be quite pleased. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread